Super GT Round 1: Sprint ****Results****

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 13 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
SuperGTS1Front.jpg

gtmsalogoyi1.png

GTMSA Presents
SuperGT Season 8

Round 1
Suzuka Circuit; 5 lap Sprint Race
Deadline 11.59pm GMT Sunday 5th September

picture.php

r2laprecord.png

So we kickoff the season with Round 1 of the SuperGT championship at Suzuka. With the car selection in GT500 shaken up and some of last years dominent contenders out, the door is open for anyone to challenge for the top spot.

Feel free to discuss sector times for your laps, but not full lap times or total race times.👍

General Information and Regulations

All rules, regulations, car specifications, and races are controlled by SuperGT sanctioning body, GTMSA. Any and all questions should be directed to GTMSA officials (namely me RACECAR or oldmodelt) and officials will do their best to answer in a timely and accurate manner.

All drivers must run at the specified weights and horsepower settings provided by GTMSA for each round. Horsepower and/or weight settings are adjusted for competitive reasons each round based on finishing positions from previous rounds.

• Standard Online Racing Rules Apply.
  • No Cheating, hybrids, etc. You must run the car specifications I give you
  • Try keeping at least 2 wheels on course. Long races = small mishaps, but absolutely NO shortcuts
  • No wall-riding as well. Combined with penalties, this will slow you down considerably, so don't do it.
  • All decisions by GTMSA officials are final

Sprint Race

• Arcade Mode>>>Single Race>>>World Circuits>>>Suzuka Circuit
  • 5 lap Single Race
  • Weight penalty in effect
  • RM tyres only
  • No tyre wear
  • AI @ your choice from -10% to +10%
  • AI tires always set to RS
  • Forced Pit Entry penalty system
  • ASM is prohibited TCS is optional
  • Gearing (top speed slider) is own choice
  • 20 second penalty added to race time if you dont submit a time
  • Top 3 take a 1% weight penalty to the race

Time sending format

PM me with the following data. Please make sure all details are correctly filled in and don't forget it
User Name:
Class:
Car:
Number:
HP:
Weight:
Total Time:
Fastest Lap:

Good luck everyone

Results.
SuperGTSuzukaSprintResultswtpenalties.png

Last edited:
And the season begins in earnest...I remember that this was one of the hardest races on last season's whole calendar (Behind Seoul Central & Hong Kong) in qualifying but it was pretty fun in the race itslef...

Last edited:
Word to the wise. Stay out of the sand unless you have suntan lotion and beer for the beach party. :sly:

Set a time in GT500 & GT300 tonight.

After two years driving the Mazda RX-7 LM, trying to haul the Nissan GT-R '03around is quite a challenge! (Understatement of the year maybe? :) ) Either way, the game was messing with me quite a bit, having to re-learn my lines and dodge cars spinning off in front of me... My fastest laps were in the 1:56.xxx bracket, with my fastest in the high 1:55's.

GT300, by contrast was a walk in the park. The Garaiya was practically perfect as-is last year and since GT300 didn't see any changes it's just a matter of driving as fast as you can (No worrying about "Is it going to turn this time?" or "Crap, i'm going to fast because the car's brakes stink!"). My quickest time was in the upper 2:03.xxx's and my average lap time was solidly in the middle-high 2:03's.

I'll keep trying to beat my times throughout the week, but I don't know if there's anything left to go for...In 300 maybe, but i don't have the skillz to push that beast of a 500 any faster!

***EDIT***

Shaved 6 whole seconds off of my GT500 time from last night...

Last edited:
I got a couple of laps so far. Haven't picked a good AI speed yet. I ran them at 10+ once and that seemed to be better than getting blocked for a full lap.

Done my GT300 laps today, Im happy with them. Gave it a go with the Pitwork Z as well, and now I'm going to enter that as well

Don't forget the entry list with their HP and Weight settings. ;)

Speaking of Entries. I'm going with the Z in GT500 and the Garaiya in GT300

I just tried to send in my time and was told that “RACECAR has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.”.

Now awaiting results and Round 1 Race details.

Results should be coming today. Sorry for the delay.

Results are up, again apoligies for the delay.

Back