Super GT Round 2: Sprint ***RESULTS***

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 15 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
SuperGTS1Front.jpg

gtmsalogoyi1.png

GTMSA Presents
SuperGT Season 8

Round 1
Seoul Central Reverse; 5 lap Sprint Race
Deadline 11.59pm GMT Sunday 19th September

picture.php

r1laprecord.png

With Suzuka now in the books, its on to round 2 from Seoul in South Korea. The short yet twisty confines of the calender's first Street Circuit should provide some interesting battles with passing seemingly at a premium.

Feel free to discuss sector times, or individual lap times but please don't mention total race times.

SGTWeek2SprintSeoulCentralResultspaint.png

General Information and Regulations

All rules, regulations, car specifications, and races are controlled by SuperGT sanctioning body, GTMSA. Any and all questions should be directed to GTMSA officials (namely me RACECAR or oldmodelt) and officials will do their best to answer in a timely and accurate manner.

All drivers must run at the specified weights and horsepower settings provided by GTMSA for each round. Horsepower and/or weight settings are adjusted for competitive reasons each round based on finishing positions from previous rounds.

• Standard Online Racing Rules Apply.
  • No Cheating, hybrids, etc. You must run the car specifications I give you
  • Try keeping at least 2 wheels on course. Long races = small mishaps, but absolutely NO shortcuts
  • No wall-riding as well. Combined with penalties, this will slow you down considerably, so don't do it.
  • All decisions by GTMSA officials are final

Sprint Race

• Arcade Mode>>>Single Race>>>City Courses>>>Seoul Central Reverse
  • 5 lap Single Race
  • Weight penalty in effect
  • RM tyres only
  • No tyre wear
  • AI @ your choice from -10% to +10%
  • AI tires always set to RS
  • Forced Pit Entry penalty system
  • ASM is prohibited TCS is optional
  • 20 second penalty added to race time if you dont submit a time
  • Top 3 take a 1% weight penalty to the race

Time sending format

PM me with the following data. Please make sure all details are correctly filled in and don't forget it

User Name:
Class:
Car:
Number:
HP:
Weight:
Total Time:
Fastest Lap:

Good luck everyone

Last edited:
Any idea as to the exact weights we should have for our cars?

Any idea as to the exact weights we should have for our cars?

Reffer to your Beginning weights from the sign-up thread, then adjust them according to the amount you have.

Here is the link for all the stock wts and hp. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129728

To get to your wt penalty here is an example.

I'll be in the ASL. HP stays the same always. Wt penalty will change based on my performance. Stock hp for the ASL is 1091kg. I will be using +1% this week because that is what I'd have if I stayed in the GT500 class. I click one time to the right always starting from 1091. And I'm there (1102kg). 3% (1125kg) would be 3 clicks. 5% (1147kg) is 5 clicks. -1% (1080kg) would be one to the left always starting from 1091. And so on.

Most of you guys will be at 0%. So you do nothing.

Last edited:
My car choice is suddenly listed wrongly. I am driving the Pennzoil Zexel GT-R, it is incorrectly displayed as the Motul Pitwork Z both in this entry list and the results of race 1, but is correct everywhere else.

Here is the link for all the stock wts and hp. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129728

To get to your wt penalty here is an example.

I'll be in the ASL. HP stays the same always. Wt penalty will change based on my performance. Stock hp for the ASL is 1091kg. I will be using +1% this week because that is what I'd have if I stayed in the GT500 class. I click one time to the right always starting from 1091. And I'm there (1102kg). 3% (1125kg) would be 3 clicks. 5% (1147kg) is 5 clicks. -1% (1080kg) would be one to the left always starting from 1091. And so on.

Most of you guys will be at 0%. So you do nothing.

I thought as much, but I wasn't sure

MTC
My car choice is suddenly listed wrongly. I am driving the Pennzoil Zexel GT-R, it is incorrectly displayed as the Motul Pitwork Z both in this entry list and the results of race 1, but is correct everywhere else.

That is my fault. :dunce: Please send this weeks race info as normal. My apologies.

How close is anyone to the lap record? My best so far was a 0'54.224, but was on a botched run :grumpy:

How close is anyone to the lap record? My best so far was a 0'54.224, but was on a botched run :grumpy:

You most likely will never get it. All the fast cars (RX7 Lm, and Toyota Supras) that everyone used were cut for this season. Most of the cars are 2-3 secs slower on the longer tracks.
(I feel sorry for the people using the Takata dome. That car planely sucked last season)

GT300 however, anything can happen. I even claimed a record last season at Twin Ring Motegi. In fact, last season, half of the lap records fell at least.

Last edited:
Got my sprint in last night. Will relax and tape the Indy car series which is at Motegi SS this Sat. Will see how they compare to my times. :sly:

I finally got some seat time this week. and was able to do what I though was my best time for this car. My best lap "period" was 53.311. I was still more than .5 sec. off that in my best race lap.

Sent

nice, I was concerned that the car I has chosen was not competitive. It was just me being a slacker and not trying hard enough.

I ran my AI at +10 and was able to pick up 6 mph on the straight section drafting the first two laps.

Back