Super GT Round 6: Sprint ***RESULTS***

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 15 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
SuperGTS1Front.jpg

gtmsalogoyi1.png

GTMSA Presents
SuperGT Season 8

Round 5
Fuji Speedway 2005; 5 lap Sprint Race
Deadline 11.59pm GMT
Sunday 14th November

picture.php

Welcome to Round 6 of the Super GT championship. The series now lands on the mountains for a fast and frantic round at Fuji Speedway, but with a twist. Last season the challengers had a High Speed flowing circuit. This time, they are met with a redesigned track with more technical corners, making overtaking far more difficult. This is expected to be the toughest qualifying session yet this season, but it could also be the most defining.

SGTFISCOSprintResults.png

General Information and Regulations

All rules, regulations, car specifications, and races are controlled by SuperGT sanctioning body, GTMSA. Any and all questions should be directed to GTMSA officials (namely me RACECAR or oldmodelt) and officials will do their best to answer in a timely and accurate manner.

All drivers must run at the specified weights and horsepower settings provided by GTMSA for each round. Horsepower and/or weight settings are adjusted for competitive reasons each round based on finishing positions from previous rounds.

• Standard Online Racing Rules Apply.
  • No Cheating, hybrids, etc. You must run the car specifications I give you
  • Try keeping at least 2 wheels on course. Long races = small mishaps, but absolutely NO shortcuts
  • No wall-riding as well. Combined with penalties, this will slow you down considerably, so don't do it.
  • All decisions by GTMSA officials are final

Sprint Race

• Arcade Mode>>>Single Race>>>World Circuits>>>Fuji Speedway 2005
  • 5 lap Single Race
  • Weight penalty in effect
  • RM tyres only
  • No tyre wear
  • AI @ your choice from -10% to +10%
  • AI tires always set to RS
  • Forced Pit Entry penalty system
  • ASM is prohibited TCS is optional
  • Gearing (top speed slider) is own choice
  • 20 second penalty added to race time if you dont submit a time
  • Top 3 take a 1% weight penalty to the race

Time sending format

PM me with the following data. Please make sure all details are correctly filled in and Don't forget it

User Name:
Class:
Car:
Number:
HP:
Weight:
Total Time:
Fastest Lap:

Good luck all

Last edited:
Where's the HP settings?e

**Edit** Never Mind. Found it Myself

Like I said in the other thread, I just checked the PMs and am about to post it up.

Can I join in this round?
Edit: never mind. I'm miles away from unlocking it.

Can I join in this round?
Edit: never mind. I'm miles away from unlocking it.

Unlocking it? It's all in Arcade mode. Go there and see if one of the cars is avail to you. Many do not have to be won first to get them in Arcade. If so jump in and get moving. Just post any questions and we'll try to help. Two races still left. See this thread for the details. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129728 And you use the listed wts/pwr because it's your first race.

Times sent. 👍 Great fun this track, and so different from the 90's version that we raced on last season. took me a while to find the right line!

Thanks everyone for the time submissions. Results will be put up as soon as possible. There are also two things I want to share with you guys today:

1. For the first (and last) time, I'll actually compete in the last round for old times sake so expect to have another challenger :)

2. I've recently posted up the schedule for season 9 of Super GT. For now its tentative so its not official as of yet, but I want everyone to see at its current state. Here it is:

Code:
Round 1 - Suzuka
Round 2 - Tokyo R246
Round 3 - Fuji
Round 4 - Grand Valley
Round 5 - Special Stage Route 5
Round 6 - Suzuka
Round 7 - Fuji
Round 8 - Motegi

*SPR 1 - Nurburgring GP
*SPR 2 - Indianapolis
*SPR 3 - Laguna Seca

Thats what I have at the moment. As you can see, it is based on the real life schedule so it therefore contains acouple of repeat races, which will be longer distances. As you can also see, there are three special rounds not for points, just for pride. Please comment on it when you get the chance.

Results are up in first post. Race thread is up here.

Last edited:
WOW super surprised with the results here! It was three tries and done! I still could have gone much quicker.

WOW super surprised with the results here! It was three tries and done! I still could have gone much quicker.
Did about 5 runs on Sunday in GT500 and sent in the time which was from my last attempt. Guess I got work to do to go a little quicker in the race. GT300 was quite the opposite because I did it on the first run and was unable to improve on it. :D
I've recently posted up the schedule for season 9 of Super GT. For now its tentative so its not official as of yet, but I want everyone to see at its current state. Here it is:

Code:
Round 1 - Suzuka

Round 2 - Tokyo R246

Round 3 - Fuji

Round 4 - Grand Valley

Round 5 - Special Stage Route 5

Round 6 - Suzuka

Round 7 - Fuji

Round 8 - Motegi

*SPR 1 - Nurburgring GP

*SPR 2 - Indianapolis

*SPR 3 - Laguna Seca

Thats what I have at the moment. As you can see, it is based on the real life schedule so it therefore contains acouple of repeat races, which will be longer distances. As you can also see, there are three special rounds not for points, just for pride. Please comment on it when you get the chance.
Looks good to me. Dunno if the Indy GP round will be 400 of 500 km's in length though...:embarrassed:

In case Motegi is not in GT5, can you sub Laguna Seca for it?

Last edited:
Back