Surprise Night - Spa - Monday 5th Dec @ 9pm GMT & 9:30pm EST

• Thread starter RDAardvark
  • 48 comments
Is there any chance we could move the start time ealier a little bit, i have a uni exam the following day and need to revise and have a reasonable night :P will probaly be able to do 2/3races depending on laps, how much laps are you thinking? 4/5 would be good fun as it allows you to attempt to catch up after a slip up;)

Is there any chance we could move the start time ealier a little bit, i have a uni exam the following day and need to revise and have a reasonable night :P will probaly be able to do 2/3races depending on laps, how much laps are you thinking? 4/5 would be good fun as it allows you to attempt to catch up after a slip up;)

I was hoping to do races of 4 laps each. Unfortunately I can't move the start time but we can all start nagging you at about 9:30 to go and revise! We should be able to get a couple of races in by then.

RDAardvark
I was hoping to do races of 4 laps each. Unfortunately I can't move the start time but we can all start nagging you at about 9:30 to go and revise! We should be able to get a couple of races in by then.

Haha, yeah i'll be able to do that, cheers.

Steve,

I'll try to join at 9 EST if I can. Be good to be on the track with you again. Will you actually be awake?!

Steve,

I'll try to join at 9 EST if I can. Be good to be on the track with you again. Will you actually be awake?!

That'll be great but I will be fast asleep: Menown (Freakyweakywoo) is running the EST event. Keep an eye on this new group as there is some interesting and exciting racing coming this way.

Guys i 🤬 up my appointments. Today is a Company christmas party.
Im not eager to participate (at the paerty) and its likely that ill return a bit sooner, but i guess ill miss the first race anyway.
Hope to see you later. If i wont make it, im terribly sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope we get some more people to sign up for the later (EST) race! I'm quite interested to see how the Surprise Night goes off. 👍

A fatal flaw in my plan: Logging in as ORCA_SpecRace1 denies me access to Spa. D'oh!

The event will still be held in the ORCA_SpecRace1 lounge, just I'll be logged in as myself so I won't be able to accept friend requests to the ORCA account.

If in doubt, send me a friend request if you want to take part in the GMT event.

Thanks for the racing tonight guys;was great fun. Only 6 of us turned up though, we need an automated reminder message to every one thats registered

Wow, that was some really fun racing! I only got to run the RX-7 and the M3 but enjoyed them both (especially the M3!). Having everyone in the same car and no advanced practice seems to make for some pretty close racing. I even got a victory, which is a rare feat. :)

Thanks for putting this together Rdvark. 👍

Bummer. I didn't see your post on GTP & kept trying to join your lounge - high speed ring which was empty. Orca didn't show as online...

Bummer. I didn't see your post on GTP & kept trying to join your lounge - high speed ring which was empty. Orca didn't show as online...

I ended up signing in as myself as the ORCA account doesn't have access to the Spa track.

In furture events, the ORCA account won't show as online but you can still join the lounge. Alternatively, follow the little yellow keyhole symbol beside my lounge to follow me in.

The whole idea behind using the ORCA lounges is that we don't have to be friends with everyone we race with. As long as we are all friends with the ORCA accounts then we can all race together in the ORCA lounges. It's strange but very handy especially if you have a rather full friends list.

Yes, the ORCA lounge won't show up as being online, you'll have to click the coffee cup to see who's in the lounge because there won't be a yellow dot above it. Or if somebody on your friends list is in the lounge you can follow their yellow dot into the lounge. 👍

Had some good fun racing with this. Met a couple of new players too which is always good :D Thanks for the clean, sometimes close, but fun racing :cheers:

Thanks Steve for putting it together again 👍
Looking forward to next Monday already lol ;)

Thanks to all who did make it and I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Next weeks thread is here.

See you there!

Back