• Thread starter mister dog
  • 13 comments

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
Started my career with force india, and after doing some testing at suzuka with this weekends grand prix in mind, finetuning the setting as much as possible (cars are way to twitchy with a pad, have to put suspension, dampers and aero at the lowest level again to be able to take a smooth corner...), i barely managed 1.39.843...

The force india boys went on today to do a 1.32 in qualifiyng and baby boy Vettel managed a 1.30!

I didn't make any mistakes and went as fast as possible on my best lap, how can there be that big of a difference with real conditions?

Where I get my setup, some of the early posters for suzuka claims to do 1.34 so I guess you're doing something wrong. I guess with time and a bit of tuning doing 1.32 might be doable, I dunno about 1.30 tho.

Same for melbourne for example, after about 30 laps there with my Force I, my top time is 1.32 now.

Went to look at the pole time from this year, and hamilton set it at a late 1:24.
I know i'm just in a FI, and i need more practice but again; there's a 8 second difference. That's light years :P

Surely if the pole time was a .24 and the quickest guys are setting .25's whilst everybody else is 26+, surely that's quite realistic? Because if you think about it, chances are you can't drive as fast as Lewis Hamilton.

Surely if the pole time was a .24 and the quickest guys are setting .25's whilst everybody else is 26+, surely that's quite realistic? Because if you think about it, chances are you can't drive as fast as Lewis Hamilton.

On the other hand Hamilton and co are experiencing G forces and get thrown around in the car, whilst we are sitting in the couch on our lazy butts, and don't have to worry about ending up in the wall with serious injury as a consequence neither.
Remember that video of Jeremy Clarkson comparing GT4 with a real lap of laguna seca in identical cars? He was way faster virtually because it was easier.

Dunno i get the feeling, something is not modelled right as it seems impossible for the majority of seasoned virtual racers, to even get near the real times.

To the OP- If you're going to be testing out your times against the real times you should be using TT Mode and not the career mode. This is especially true if you just started your career Because you haven't upgraded your car at all.

On the other hand Hamilton and co are experiencing G forces and get thrown around in the car, whilst we are sitting in the couch on our lazy butts, and don't have to worry about ending up in the wall with serious injury as a consequence neither.
Remember that video of Jeremy Clarkson comparing GT4 with a real lap of laguna seca in identical cars? He was way faster virtually because it was easier.

Dunno i get the feeling, something is not modelled right as it seems impossible for the majority of seasoned virtual racers, to even get near the real times.

Still, if these times are all right, it shows that they've taken all that into account and made it so that it's still ridiculously tricky to get to the kind of times that today's F1 drivers do.

To the OP- If you're going to be testing out your times against the real times you should be using TT Mode and not the career mode. This is especially true if you just started your career Because you haven't upgraded your car at all.

TT is simulating perfect tarmac at all times, tho. That's not life-like.

Mr. S
TT is simulating perfect tarmac at all times, tho. That's not life-like.

Then use Quick race just don't use career because you're racing with 0 of 15 upgrades on your car so obviously it will be slower.

If Codemasters makes it too easy to hit the pros times, People complain about it being too easy. If they make a challenge
people complain it's too hard. They can't win. Personally I like it the way it is.

JC didn't have the right tires on GT4's NSX to compare his time with his real world time...

Back