Suzuki Escudo Semi-Glitch

Canada
London, Ontario
Starky513
As mentioned earlier on GTP forums, some one had found the Lamborghini Aventador had a problem when E-Braking. The front tires would lock up rather then the rear, this was confirmed to be true. I have found another Car to add on that list, the Suzuki Escudo Dirt trials car.

suzuki_escudo_dirt_trial_car_98.jpg

I was doing some rally racing on the Eiger, when I came to a sharp, low speed turn, so I pulled the E-Brake, and instead of the rear swinging out, it went straight into the fence. Leaving the Spectators Ducking for their lives!! :sly:

eiger-nordwand-short-track_4.jpg

Hopefully PD fixes the issue soon (2.04), it is quite annoying and Is surely in more cars we haven't found yet

I have encountered this on an HKS CT230R. Can't remember if it's been fixed or not from the last time I drove it...

On most 4wd's doesn't the handbrake lock all 4 wheels? So when you apply it the front wheels should lock as well as the back. When GT5 came out all cars had the rear wheels locking up only, but they changed it in one of the updates. I don't think all the wheels should lock up on the Escudo though, don't rally cars have an isolating diff to the rear wheels so that they can do handbrake turns?

On most 4wd's doesn't the handbrake lock all 4 wheels? So when you apply it the front wheels should lock as well as the back. When GT5 came out all cars had the rear wheels locking up only, but they changed it in one of the updates. I don't think all the wheels should lock up on the Escudo though, don't rally cars have an isolating diff to the rear wheels so that they can do handbrake turns?

Well, I guess you have a pretty good point, never even thought of it like that..
I know that On Subaru's (STi) When I mess around with it and drift the fronts don't lock up when I hit the E.. but yeah, I don't really know if it's a glitch or not :P

:odd: My real life 4WD car only locks up the rear brakes with the handbrake. The front wheels actually pull the car along if i accellerate. :D

Yea I hope PD fixes this. I was washing my dishes and things were getting pretty soapy. ****ing soap went down the drain and somehow came back up the other drain hole. I have a two-sink setup. I hope PD fixes it.. ****

angrybatman
Yea I hope PD fixes this. I was washing my dishes and things were getting pretty soapy. ****ing soap went down the drain and somehow came back up the other drain hole. I have a two-sink setup. I hope PD fixes it.. ****

Huh?

What are you on about hahaha the e brake/handbrake is a totally different system to any dtivetrain/diffs or anything else for that matter. Its just a mechanical cable attached to a pulley that applies pressure this increasing drag to rear brakes

C-ZETA
I have encountered this on an HKS CT230R. Can't remember if it's been fixed or not from the last time I drove it...

While they fix the CT230R e-brake they can fix the gauges that aren't working in the dashboard.

UnionStrike
Do they actually mirror their real life counterpart realistically? If they do then it doesn't need to be fixed.

See his username.

I must be a idiot I still dont understand

Well, I guess you have a pretty good point, never even thought of it like that..
I know that On Subaru's (STi) When I mess around with it and drift the fronts don't lock up when I hit the E.. but yeah, I don't really know if it's a glitch or not :P

I know the newer (07+) STI's actually unlock the middle diff when you pull the handbrake, so you are only applying brake to the rear. Not sure how much later that goes back.

Ok this IS NOT A GLITCH... if you set your L.S.D. In the front really high and your TQ sensing center differential high... Of course the car isn't going to act right. It does what you guys are talking about. For example go get any 4 wheel drive car set the TQ sensing center differential at 50/50, then you put the L.S.D. in the front at high numbers... Yes it will do that... It isn't a glitch, they fixed the 4 wheel drive cars in the 2.02 update. I really noticed it when i was driving my EVO 9 right after the update and i was using the AYC controller at the time and that is when i figured out the made the AWD cars more realistic. Then i tested the the lambo's and the subaru's and some others... And i said yeah they fixed it. And me and some of my friends did some tests and yeah they said the same thing. I have no problems with AWD cars and no offence but it is your tunes... Just keep in mind if you run the 4WD TQ sensing differential high make sure that the front L.S.D. settings are nowhere near the rear's... Needs to be way lower specially acceleration sensitivity and braking sensitivity.

themartlab
While they fix the CT230R e-brake they can fix the gauges that aren't working in the dashboard.

Also about this... The HKS CT230R is a car that HKS made as a time attack car... And the car uses a drive-train set up that is called a open center differential, which i really hate because it practically makes the car front wheel drive... But once again not a glitch it is your car's set up.
And the car's dashboard lights are not missing they probably were never put back in... I mean really why would you even want dashboard lights you're not even going to drive the car anywhere at night because considering it doesn't even have headlights.

Last edited:
ORPHANTHIRTY7
And the car's dashboard lights are not missing they probably were never put back in... I mean really why would you even want dashboard lights you're not even going to drive the car anywhere at night because considering it doesn't even have headlights.

I wasn't referring to the dashboard lights but about rpm/speed gauges.

themartlab
I wasn't referring to the dashboard lights but about rpm/speed gauges.

Oh ok bro i thought you were talking about something else sorry i couldn't be of more help.

In GT5, when you set the torque distribution to 50:50 e-brake locks the front wheels instead of rear wheels.

What are you on about hahaha the e brake/handbrake is a totally different system to any dtivetrain/diffs or anything else for that matter. Its just a mechanical cable attached to a pulley that applies pressure this increasing drag to rear brakes

Pulling the handbrake does lock the rear, but on a 4wd car, if you dont disengage clutch during a handbrake maneuver, you are likely to stall from locking up all 4 wheels on a high friction surface or **** up the center diff because of the speed difference between the front and rear wheels. Rally cars have a system where their handbrake can trigger the disengagement of the clutch to prevent stress on the center diff. So whoever you quoted isn't technically wrong.

Last edited:
Ok this IS NOT A GLITCH... if you set your L.S.D. In the front really high and your TQ sensing center differential high... Of course the car isn't going to act right. It does what you guys are talking about. For example go get any 4 wheel drive car set the TQ sensing center differential at 50/50, then you put the L.S.D. in the front at high numbers... Yes it will do that... It isn't a glitch, they fixed the 4 wheel drive cars in the 2.02 update. I really noticed it when i was driving my EVO 9 right after the update and i was using the AYC controller at the time and that is when i figured out the made the AWD cars more realistic. Then i tested the the lambo's and the subaru's and some others... And i said yeah they fixed it. And me and some of my friends did some tests and yeah they said the same thing. I have no problems with AWD cars and no offence but it is your tunes... Just keep in mind if you run the 4WD TQ sensing differential high make sure that the front L.S.D. settings are nowhere near the rear's... Needs to be way lower specially acceleration sensitivity and braking sensitivity.

Also about this... The HKS CT230R is a car that HKS made as a time attack car... And the car uses a drive-train set up that is called a open center differential, which i really hate because it practically makes the car front wheel drive... But once again not a glitch it is your car's set up.

What does the LSD have to do with the Handbrake?????

And what does the cars lights have to do with working gauges????

tribolik
What does the LSD have to do with the Handbrake?????

If you take my Citroen Concept as an example, I have my LSD set up in a very odd way which turns the handbrake into a secondary 4-wheel brake that won't lock the wheels up at all :D

Back