• Thread starter Obelisk
  • 12 comments

Obelisk

Premium
United States
United States
RMedia_Obelisk
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43841194

As the title says. DJ Avicii, real name Tim Bergling, died today at 28 years old with no details as to the cause.

Some of us remember his excellent music that was an essential part of Forza Horizon's Bass Arena radio (in all three games), and some of us just know him from his music.

Regardless of how you know him/if you know, it's a tragic loss for the music world and for EDM in general.

Rest in peace, Tim.

Last edited:
I cannot believe I'm reading this. 28, utterly tragic. :(

Remembering you from the start, rest in peace...

Definitely sad, EDM isn't one of those genres that's lost a ton of really well-known artists yet.

Reading some other DJ's on Twitter posting, a couple of them have mentioned addiction. One in particular from A-Trak.

I do wonder if it was an overdose on something? I know Avicii had some health issues in the past, but I'm not really sure what they were. Could be a case of having several surgeries and just getting addicted to painkillers.

I do wonder if it was an overdose on something? I know Avicii had some health issues in the past, but I'm not really sure what they were. Could be a case of having several surgeries and just getting addicted to painkillers.

His previous health issues seem to mostly stem from alcohol abuse, probably brought on by all the other things that come with an entertainment lead lifestyle. It also doesn't help being in an environment where comped drinks are endlessly available if your performing there.

DJ'ing really is one of those professions that look cool on paper but must be extremely hard to pull off. I can imagine the pressure of doing a good set, what if people don't like it? etc etc, all leads to a lot of anxiety. There seems to be a theme of escapism everything he did (including the music videos) and it seems like being trapped was how he might have felt most of the time.

Aww. I've really gotten into his stuff in the last year or two.

RIP. I hope you're happy wherever you are.

Definitely sad, EDM isn't one of those genres that's lost a ton of really well-known artists yet.

Reading some other DJ's on Twitter posting, a couple of them have mentioned addiction. One in particular from A-Trak.

He was a heavy drinker had issues with a couple of organs, led to major health issues.

Stockholm, 26 April 2018

Our beloved Tim was a seeker, a fragile artistic soul searching for answers to existential questions.

An over-achieving perfectionist who travelled and worked hard at a pace that led to extreme stress.

When he stopped touring, he wanted to find a balance in life to be happy and be able to do what he loved most – music.
He really struggled with thoughts about Meaning, Life, Happiness.
He could not go on any longer.
He wanted to find peace.
Tim was not made for the business machine he found himself in; he was a sensitive guy who loved his fans but shunned the spotlight.
Tim, you will forever be loved and sadly missed.

The person you were and your music will keep your memory alive.We love you,

Your family

In their statement issued Monday, the family said:

We would like to thank you for the support and the loving words about our son and brother. We are so grateful for everyone who loved Tim’s music and have precious memories of his songs.

Thank you for all the initiatives taken to honor Tim, with public gatherings, church bells ringing out his music, tributes at Coachella and moments of silence around the world.

We are grateful for the privacy during this difficult time. Our wish is that it continues that way.

With love,

The Tim Bergling Family

Looks to me that he did take his own life. Terrible.

Back