T3PA gas pedal failure

United Kingdom
Scotland
Bush_Killa-73
Looking for any suggestions here. The other day I went to use my T300RS wheel & the gas pedal had stopped working. It sort of half worked then died on the spot. I noticed that the mode button had went green instead of red. I then did a reboot & it went back to red above the ps4/3 mode button. Still nothing. Tried various games checked it within controls panel on a laptop.

I tried using a guy's YouTube video carefully opening them up & cleaning the potentiometer with some lubricated circuit switch spray & put everything back together. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
My T3PA gas pedal started squeaking this last week or so, and continues to squeak periodically. Still works fine, but hope this isn’t a bad sign to come. I’d rather not try lubricating anything for fear of ruining the pentometer so I guess I’ll just deal with it. Thankfully using headphones drowns out the squeak for the most part.

Sorry I don’t have a solution for the OP.

My T3PA gas pedal started squeaking this last week or so, and continues to squeak periodically. Still works fine, but hope this isn’t a bad sign to come. I’d rather not try lubricating anything for fear of ruining the pentometer so I guess I’ll just deal with it. Thankfully using headphones drowns out the squeak for the most part.

I managed to get it to work by swapping around inputs at the circuit board for the gas & clutch pedals then reversing their controls on the base with the mode button.

Looks like I've maybe got a damaged USB connection but I've strengthened it & can live w/out a clutch.

The hinge where the squeak occurs is well away from the potentiometers so you won't interfere with them at all. Take the base off and you will see - just go carefully as you remove the base as there is a short connecting cable you need to unplug as the base comes off. It is a very easy fix.

Back