Tata Airpod 2012

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
Tata Motors has been showing off a new concept car that runs on compressed air and will give you 200 kilometers per full tank of…well, air.

The three-wheeler is controlled via a joystick rather than a steering wheel and utilizes pneumatic motors, which use pressurized air to drive the car’s pistons.

A full tank requires 175 Litres of compressed air at a cost of just one euro, which Tata Motors says will provide 200 kilometers of travel. The Airpod can carry three people at a time, including the driver, though two will have to sit facing the back window.

SPECIFICATIONS

ENGINE

• Engine : Compressed Air
• Power: 5.75 kw (7.6 BHP)
• Torque: 40 N.m (29.5 lb.ft)
• Engine location: Mid

PERFORMANCE
• 0-48 km/h (0-30 mph) Time = Not Tested
• 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) Time = Not Possible
• Top Speed = 80 km/h (49.6 mph)

DRIVETRAIN

• Layout Mid engine, Rear-wheel drive system
• Automatic Transmission

RANGE
• Tank Size = 175 Litres
• 150 - 200 km (93 - 124 miles) of standard driving

DIMENSIONS

• Weight: 220 kg (485 lbs)
• Length: 2070 mm (81.5 in)
• Width: 1600 mm (63.0 in)
• Height: 1739 mm (68.4 in)

01 tata.png
02 tata.png

Attachments

• 01 tata.png
    01 tata.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 02 tata.png
    02 tata.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Seriously, no.

Gran turismo is an automotive simulation, simulating different possibilities and scenario's or driving opportunities, we need more diversity, like simulating new technologies and exploring greater opportunities to make it the most advanced automotive simulator it can be.

No offense, but the car has horrible speeds, so with this car, you'll get to the finish line tomorrow.

No offense, but the car has horrible speeds, so with this car, you'll get to the finish line tomorrow.
Gran turismo is an automotive simulator that provides many driving experiences, although most people thought that the moon buggy was inappropriate the amount of research that was included into producing that simulation was huge I have huge respect for pd and that simulation.

No, just no...

Wouldn't even make it up a hill and would surely be the laughing stock of Gran Turismo.

May as well suggest this to be added then...
gm-en-v.jpg

But, it would be interesting to see which would win in a race :dopey:

Last edited:

Seriously, no.

No, just no...

Wouldn't even make it up a hill and would surely be the laughing stock of Gran Turismo.

May as well suggest this to be added then...
gm-en-v.jpg

But, it would be interesting to see which would win in a race :dopey:

Sorry, but no... 👎
Guys, what's the point of coming into a thread and making pointless "I don't want it" and "this car is slow" comments? If you don't like it, ignore it. You don't have to vote for it. The people who like it will.

As any rule of AUP been violated? Is expressing legit and valid opinions in GTP a violation? Have I insulted anyone, the OP, any mod, any member? Are you a moderator?

If so, why are you questioning posts? Is my post offensive? So I cannot understand really why in the past few months many members are pretending/trying to make the role of moderators... I just can´t understand!

So, if my opinion is offensive/violation of AUP, I believe a moderator will take actions against and will inform me...

As any rule of AUP been violated? Is expressing legit and valid opinions in GTP a violation? Have I insulted anyone, the OP, any mod, any member? Are you a moderator?

If so, why are you questioning posts? Is my post offensive? So I cannot understand really why in the past few months many members are pretending/trying to make the role of moderators... I just can´t understand!

So, if my opinion is offensive/violation of AUP, I believe a moderator will take actions against and will inform me...
Nobody has ever questioned you on those regards. Don't make it out as though they're crossing the line of the AUP.

hsv
Nobody has ever questioned you on those regards. Don't make it out as though they're crossing the line of the AUP.

Never questioned that, but I believe its still allowed to express opinions... Even to justify the choice as a simple car suggestion to yes or no...

I never said it was against the AUP, but it makes be annoyed when people do it to me.

List of possible competitors that are currently in GT6.

Premium Cars showed with [P]
  • Citroen 2CV Type A, 1954
  • Fiat 500 F, 1965
  • Fiat 500 F, 1968 [P]
  • Fiat 500 L, 1969
  • Fiat 500 R, 1972
  • Honda Life Step Van, 1972
  • Honda Today G, 1985
  • Honda Z Act, 1970
  • Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe, 1962
  • Subaru 360, 1958
  • Volkswagen Sambabus Type 2 (T1), 1962 [P]
  • Volkswagen Schwimmwagen Type 166, 1942 [P]
  • Volkswagen Kubelwagen Type 82, 1944 [P]

:yuck: That thing is horrible.

Those cars listed above, all of them except for the Honda Today are dated 1972 or earlier and can be looked upon as historic cars, symbolic of a time gone by. A lot of older cars are cool in the game as examples of how things evolved or whatever.

Maybe people in real life care about this thing. For a video game however, why would you bother? Is anyone going to drive it with the same wonder and reverence as they do an F40 wondering if the car really drives like this in real life?

I could go on but this thing is not worth that much discussion.

:yuck: That thing is horrible.

Those cars listed above, all of them except for the Honda Today are dated 1972 or earlier and can be looked upon as historic cars, symbolic of a time gone by. A lot of older cars are cool in the game as examples of how things evolved or whatever.

Maybe people in real life care about this thing. For a video game however, why would you bother? Is anyone going to drive it with the same wonder and reverence as they do an F40 wondering if the car really drives like this in real life?

I could go on but this thing is not worth that much discussion.
This car symbolizes the first production air car available to the public, yes I also agree that it's not the best looking car and personally I would choose the Ferrari if I had the choice, but this small Indian car manufacturer has proven that air is also another alternative power source that is available instead of fossil fuels.

As this car is the first practical production Air car to be available to the general public it should be included in gran Turismo. The Ford model T was the first affordable car that was available to the general public in 1908. So the TATA Airpod has it's own special place in car history as the first practical everyday Air car.

With a weight that low, and maybe if some power upgrades were offered, maybe this could stand a chance as a racing car. But I don't know. Maybe it would be fun for making hybrids. If it's only just over 480 pounds, you wouldn't need much power. Imagine all the possibilities for hybrids. You could already get a power to weight better than a Ginetta G4 just by putting in a kei engine. I wonder how crazy it would be to drive a tiny 480 pound car with over 100 horsepower. Okay, I want this thing in. But only if it accepts real power upgrades. If it can be modded past at least 100 horsepower, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
List of possible competitors that are currently in GT6.

Premium Cars showed with [P]
  • Citroen 2CV Type A, 1954
  • Fiat 500 F, 1965
  • Fiat 500 F, 1968 [P]
  • Fiat 500 L, 1969
  • Fiat 500 R, 1972
  • Honda Life Step Van, 1972
  • Honda Today G, 1985
  • Honda Z Act, 1970
  • Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe, 1962
  • Subaru 360, 1958
  • Volkswagen Sambabus Type 2 (T1), 1962 [P]
  • Volkswagen Schwimmwagen Type 166, 1942 [P]
  • Volkswagen Kubelwagen Type 82, 1944 [P]
yeah but (most of) those things are cool!

Actually who am i kidding! i love new tecnology, and the fact that people got a car to run off compressed air is pretty cool. So it has 7.6 Hp, but if we could improve on this technology, one day we could get 100 hp cars, then 300 hp cars and so on. I'm all for saving the planet, and this seems like a legitimate way to do so.
However, what does it take to compress the air for this car? if it uses anything electric then that defies the point of having an economic car, because most electricity 'effectively' started out as some kind of fossil fuel.

Back