• Thread starter Ibonibo
  • 32 comments

Ibonibo

Premium
Luxembourg
Luxemburg
Already paying my Isp 4 Access
So,
I had problems with my steering wheel setup in Tdu2.
Where TDU1 had full clutch support and 900°, which was a novelty as the g25 was just out, TDU2 fails to replicate these.

I'm been fiddling around with the settings, and haven't nail'd it 100% but it's already better :

So post your setups here:
Xbox / PS3 / PC ?
Which wheel (post the settings for the Fanatec ones, or proprieties in Windows for PC)
Ingame settings.

I will update mine here when I'm back home.
PC
Fanatec : Sen :360°, FF 100, Sho 100, ABS 100, Dft 0, Lin 0, Dpr 0,
Spr -1
Ingame

NB: I really hope for a patch on Atari's side, or a good mod ;)

So,
I had problems with my steering wheel setup in Tdu2.
Where TDU1 had full clutch support and 900°, which was a novelty as the g25 was just out, TDU2 fails to replicate these.

I'm been fiddling around with the settings, and haven't nail'd it 100% but it's already better :

So post your setups here:
Xbox / PS3 / PC ?
Which wheel (post the settings for the Fanatec ones, or proprieties in Windows for PC)
Ingame settings.

Have you made the game detect the wheel in the in game options?

Have you made the game detect the wheel in the in game options?

Yes and it detected it correctly. The wheel also works with 900° but has some deadzone and the speed linearity was not correct. I tried adjusting it but i was not able finding a setting that felt right.

I only tried the game for an hour or so, i hadn't a lot of time, i will try again tonight.

I'm on PC using DFP. At first it would not detect my wheel. I installed the latest windows 7 drivers and that fixed it.

Next the default control was horrible and laggy. Solution was to use profiler to restrict the wheel to 40% or 360 degrees and turn sensitivity in profiler up all the way.

Also be sure to fiddle with the brake linearity. Brakes are fine now.

speed, dead zone, vibration all at 0. ffb strength at medium.

When i used my wheel this is what i found, it did pickup the wheel in detect before hand.

FFB settings in game did not work, they do nothing. Steering is like this... you turn and turn the wheel with nothing happening before you hit a point and the car turns, but not a little bit... it turns quite a lot, then there is a small sensitivity range where you can turn it more before it becomes unresponsive to the rest of thr movement.

In otherwords a big deadzone as the game does not allow that many iterations of steering calculation. A bit like... just some numbers out of my ass here but imagine GT5, lets say it has 500 different points where it can pickup turning left and 500 to turn right, the wheel moving around is selecting one of these to determine how much to turn the wheels to steer. In TDU this same example could be shown where in comparison it has more like 10 different points of steering.

Just an example no real numbers, just to give an idea of how the steering feels with the way the game reacts to it with a wheel.

Okay, I'm puzzled . First let me say that if I get TDU2 it will be to play in a Ps3 + G25 combo. I understand Bigbazz returned to the pad to get some enjoyment from the game but that's a deal-breaker for me. I play it with wheel or I don't play it at all.

From all I've been reading here, it seems wheel support is a misery so logically I should already have my mind made up to a NO-BUY.

However, I watch the VVV Youtube videos, the guy is on a PS3, he is using a G25, and all looks okay. Not even a complaint about deadzone, or ON/OFF feel. Can't understand it. :odd: :irked:

Just tried the game for a bit with DS3, feels weird at first (being used to GT5), but it feels okay. I tried on 'Sports' and 'Hardcore', haven't used the 'Full Assists' setting. Will hook up the G25 later (when I have the TV and living room to myself ;)) and share my experiences. 👍

I should mention that my evaluations are with the PC version of the game, i simply use my PS3 controller with it. It could be that the PS3 has been better optimised for the wheel, and if that is the case then i am a happy man as it means there would be hope for the PC version. Also should mention my wheel is a G27.

There are a lot of people having problems with getting the wheel to feel a bit less abnormal, if in doubt then dont buy it until you try it, this games driving experience is no different from the test drive games of the late 90's (Test drive 4,5, test drive offroad, all of which i own).

Okay, I'm puzzled . First let me say that if I get TDU2 it will be to play in a Ps3 + G25 combo. I understand Bigbazz returned to the pad to get some enjoyment from the game but that's a deal-breaker for me. I play it with wheel or I don't play it at all.

From all I've been reading here, it seems wheel support is a misery so logically I should already have my mind made up to a NO-BUY.

However, I watch the VVV Youtube videos, the guy is on a PS3, he is using a G25, and all looks okay. Not even a complaint about deadzone, or ON/OFF feel. Can't understand it. :odd: :irked:

I have a G27 and to be honest, I'd recommend you waiting and let them patch the wheel support before buying this game. After messing with the settings for an hour, I found a setting that make the driving a little better but not enough to stick with. I've switched back to playing with the DS3 at the moment until they patch the wheel.

My setting for those who want to try it:
Vibration : OFF - This setting is horrible, with it's on, imagine that noise the wheel make in GT5's rally. It make the gears grind and clunk all the time.
FFB : Low/Medium
Steering Sensitivity : Default
Speed : 3 click right
Deadzone: 3-4 click right

Last edited:
Gave it a try with the G25 on PS3. The default setting is crap. I fiddled a bit with the settings and came up with this:

- Vibration: Fairly low or off (reasons already mentioned above);
- FFB: High;
- Sensitivity: Fairly low (e.g. lowest + 1 notch to right); slider works opposite to what you think (moving to left is more sensitive, moving to right is less sensitive).
- Brake linearity: Fairly low (e.g. a third from the left); this will give more control over braking sensitivity in the first part of the pedals motion. Note: this means sensitivity is increased in the second part of the pedals motion;
- Speed factor: OFF (sort of dynamic deadzone, get rid of it ASAP :lol:).

All the rest default. This handles quite nicely, but don't expect GT sharpness. ;) Braking appears to be really sensitive, but this might just be the car I have (classic Mustang). I need more cars at my disposal to properly test this, but I am inclined to lower the brake linearity a bit (EDIT: verified this).

Note: I only drove a classic Mustang so far, which I expect to not handle very sharply. More testing needed with more recent cars. So far, the game handles like I expected it would: not very great, but not complete **** either.

EDIT: Updated settings

Last edited:
Nice! Thanks Lars, now get your 🤬 to the main thread and start writing your "first impressions" review, I need to read it before I leave the office! :P

I will. I just want to do some more proper testing on various settings to pass final judgment. Testing so far has been strictly on 'Hardcore'. Being sensitive with the throttle/brakes is definitely required on this setting. Also tried it a bit with 'Full assists'; the car becomes extremely easy to handle (but you can feel the assists kicking in quite clearly, feels like it's on rails). Will test 'Sports' setting too. And different cars of course.

Im using a G27 with the PS3, but whenever i try to steer the wheel, a horrible noise and vibration comes (sort of like rallying in gt5, but not too much clunking).
Anyone else experiencing this and know how to fix it?

Im using a G27 with the PS3, but whenever i try to steer the wheel, a horrible noise and vibration comes (sort of like rallying in gt5, but not too much clunking).
Anyone else experiencing this and know how to fix it?

Turn Vibration OFF.

Updated my wheel settings in my second post in this thread. Added a lower value for brake linearity. This gives more precise control in the first part of the brake pedals range of motion (and less in the remainder of the range).

Fanatec GT3 RS. (PS3)

SEN- 490

FF- 20

ABS- 50

SHO- 50

DRIFT- 3

Spring and Damper are both at -3

I don't see many with the xbox version, maybe because there are almost no xbox wheels. I will be getting this game next week and will see if some of the ps3 fanatec settings could help the xbox.

Here's some setting that are working for me on the 360 with the Fanatec PWTS. This gets rid of the grinding issues you get with the default settings.

On the wheel:
Sen set to 270
FF set to 20
Rumble (SHO) set to 100
Drift set to 001

In game:
Vibration Max
FF High
Steering Sensitivity Minimum
Speed Factor Minimum
Steering Damping Minimum
Deadzone Minimum
Clutch, throttle and brake set to default

Updated my wheel settings in this post. Added 'speed factor' setting. Basically, this is sort of a dynamic deadzone, it increases the deadzone at higher speeds. Turn it off, it's rubbish. ;)

Updated my wheel settings in this post. Added 'speed factor' setting. Basically, this is sort of a dynamic deadzone, it increases the deadzone at higher speeds. Turn it off, it's rubbish. ;)

Thanks alot the speed factor setting changed the game (for the best) completly for me, feels like totaly diferent physics now :D ;)

I got my game for Xbox with a fanatec wheel. Seem the options are a little different (or atleast labeled different). I have it at a combination of what is listed for the G27 with a few tweaks on the in wheel settings. I didn't really try the game before adjusting the settings so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I am not having any trouble controlling the cars I have (Esprit and Caterham 260). It handles like I expect an arcade racer to, even with hardcore turned on.

Bug report (PS3 + G25). When an annoying guy or girl call you in the middle of your driving, the paddles don't work anymore to do gear changes. You must get rid of the call first.

Bug report (PS3 + G25). When an annoying guy or girl call you in the middle of your driving, the paddles don't work anymore to do gear changes. You must get rid of the call first.

I think it's for any wheel, same here with DFGT.

Same on the Xbox with fanatec wheel, and for obvious reasons you can't bank FRIM either.

Back