Team leads?

• Thread starter ICEYOU
  • 25 comments

ICEYOU

(Banned)
United States
New York
With every team in Nascar there's a leader right? Well here's a list that compiles who leads who imo.

1. Hendrick Motorsports = Jeff Gordon
2. Richard Childress Racing = Kevin Harvick
3. Roush Fenway = Matt Kenseth or Carl Edwards Idk
4. Joe Gibbs Racing = Kyle Busch
5. Earnhardt Ganassi Racing = Jamie Mcmurray
6. Penske Racing = Brad Keselowski
7. Michael Waltrip Racing = Martin Truex Jr
8. Stewart-Hass Racing = Tony Stewart
9. Richard Petty Motorsports = Marcos Ambrose
10. Front Row Motorsports = David Regan or David Gilliland? Another Idk
11. Burger King Racing = Landon Cassill I guess...

Last edited:
10. Front Row Motorsports = Regan Smith or David Gilliland? Another Idk
11. Burger King Racing = I guess David Reutimann is, but he isn't racing full time, if I'm not mistaken.

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

Do you actually watch NASCAR?

Regan drives for Furniture Row and David drives for Tommy Baldwin Racing. BK Racing has Landon Cassill and Travis Kvapil as drivers.

Do you actually watch NASCAR?

Regan drives for Furniture Row and David drives for Tommy Baldwin Racing. BK Racing has Landon Cassill and Travis Kvapil as drivers.

Isn't Travis driving part-time and sharing his ride with David R.? Or was that just for the 500?

EDIT: Sorry about the mix up, there's too many David and Regans I swear! lol

Last edited:
Hendrick Motorsports = Jimmie Johnson

Sorry, even #24 fans can't deny he is team leader.

Well this is pointless. It's basically just your interpretation of who is most important.

For example, of course you're going to say Jeff Gordon is the 'leader' of Hendrick Motorsports; your user title is '#24 Forever' :rolleyes:

Hendrick Motorsports = Jimmie Johnson

Sorry, even #24 fans can't deny he is team leader.

That is BS!👎👎👎👎👎

He's Jimmie's Car owner for crying out loud, and he's been at Hendrick the longest and has the most wins. The Chase has made Jimmie look better than he actually is.

Well this is pointless. It's basically just your interpretation of who is most important.

For example, of course you're going to say Jeff Gordon is the 'leader' of Hendrick Motorsports; your user title is '#24 Forever' :rolleyes:
Well yeah. More like who's the best or who's been on the team the longest.

Who's won the titles lately?

Car owner is irrelevance. Jeff has not done well lately, Jimmie has been Hendrick no.1

He's won the titles recently because of the Chase. The reason why Jimmie Johnson gets no respect is because of the chase. You can't compare him to what anyone else has done (Gordon, Earnhardt, Petty, Yarborough). Jimmie Johnson has had 5 great ten race streaks, compared to guys who's championships was decided on an entire season. Please don't compare him to guy's like Cale, Dale, Gordon or Petty. Remember without the Chase Gordon would have 6, Johnson would have 2. 24 4 LIFE

Yeah, the Crew Chief, Car Chief and Team Owner.
I mean on Track.

He's won the titles recently because of the Chase. The reason why Jimmie Johnson gets no respect is because of the chase. You can't compare him to what anyone else has done (Gordon, Earnhardt, Petty, Yarborough). Jimmie Johnson has had 5 great ten race streaks, compared to guys who's championships was decided on an entire season. Please don't compare him to guy's like Cale, Dale, Gordon or Petty. Remember without the Chase Gordon would have 6, Johnson would have 2. 24 4 LIFE

I mean on Track.

By that your saying Tony Stewart cannot have any respect either.

He's won the titles recently because of the Chase. The reason why Jimmie Johnson gets no respect is because of the chase. You can't compare him to what anyone else has done (Gordon, Earnhardt, Petty, Yarborough). Jimmie Johnson has had 5 great ten race streaks, compared to guys who's championships was decided on an entire season.

Isn't the NASCAR season decided by who wins the chase? It's been this way for years. So Jeff should have adjusted his racing habits by now, no? You say Jimmie gets no respect. From who, you? I feel that he gets much respect. "Jimmie Johnson has had 5 great ten race streaks" - Uh yea, when it mattered the most. The point is, great drivers adapt to the changes that come about and find ways to win. Drivers know to turn up the heat in the chase. I'm sure Jeff himself would laugh at your comment.

Also, if Jeff is so good, why does he not dominate the first 26 races pre-chase?

The OP is just ridiculous. I'm a huge JG fan but this guy is immature. He should get the GTP Darwin Award next December-January. Not being rude, but come on man.
Also, if Jeff is so good, why does he not dominate the first 26 races pre-chase?
If you are referring to this year it's all because of bad luck. The incidents that ruined his chances had nothing to do with him and he couldn't do anything to prevent it. If referring to previous years (which is obvious) then I see your point.

Isn't the NASCAR season decided by who wins the chase? It's been this way for years. So Jeff should have adjusted his racing habits by now, no? You say Jimmie gets no respect. From who, you? I feel that he gets much respect. "Jimmie Johnson has had 5 great ten race streaks" - Uh yea, when it mattered the most. The point is, great drivers adapt to the changes that come about and find ways to win. Drivers know to turn up the heat in the chase. I'm sure Jeff himself would laugh at your comment.

"Isn't the NASCAR season decided by who wins the chase?"

Now unfortunately yes, however the nascar season has an element of chance that no other sport has. therefore a playoff format is never going to be completely fair to everyone racing in it. One mishap and you lose the chase.

"It's been this way for years. So Jeff should have adjusted his racing habits by now, no?"

The chase was put in place 9 years ago. Nascar has been around since 1948. That 55 years of racing under the old points system. Jeff started in Nascar in 1992. For the first 11 years he raced 1 points system and won 4 championships. Now you want him to change?

"You say Jimmie gets no respect. From who, you? I feel that he gets much respect."

There was a segment during the pre race show at homestead last year about why the fans don't respect Jimmie. He's never been a fan favorite. If you feel he gets respect good for you, I think he gets the respect he desevres.

"Jimmie Johnson has had 5 great ten race streaks" - Uh yea, when it mattered the most."

By that logic Brad K's 10 race run to get himself in the chase last year also deserves a title -it was when it mattered most for him. Tony Stewart also had a great 10 race streak last year, however the other 26 were below average. How can 10 races determine the best driver over a 36 race season?

"The point is, great drivers adapt to the changes that come about and find ways to win. Drivers know to turn up the heat in the chase. I'm sure Jeff himself would laugh at your comment."

Great drivers do adapt. Jeff Gordon has won 9 road course races, 12 plate races, 7 at martinsville and atleast 1 on all but 2 current tracks. does that mean he cant' adapt?

I would also go on to ask my own questions

In his great career Dale Earnhardt Sr. got a grand total of 76 cup wins and 7 championships. If Dale had started racing next year and run under the new points system and car of tomorrow would he have won those 7 titles? Would Richard Petty? If all that matters is the chase why is it a 36 race season, why do we not run a 5 race season to get the top 12 and then run the chase? And most importantly, Why hasn't Nascar listened to the majority fans and removed the chase?

Last edited:
1.) Now unfortunately yes, however the nascar season has an element of chance that no other sport has. therefore a playoff format is never going to be completely fair to everyone racing in it. One mishap and you lose the chase.

2.) The chase was put in place 9 years ago. Nascar has been around since 1948. That 55 years of racing under the old points system. Jeff started in Nascar in 1992. For the first 11 years he raced 1 points system and won 4 championships. Now you want him to change?

3.) There was a segment during the pre race show at homestead last year about why the fans don't respect Jimmie. He's never been a fan favorite. If you feel he gets respect good for you, I think he gets the respect he desevres.

4.) By that logic Brad K's 10 race run to get himself in the chase last year also deserves a title -it was when it mattered most for him. Tony Stewart also had a great 10 race streak last year, however the other 26 were below average. How can 10 races determine the best driver over a 36 race season?

5.) Great drivers do adapt. Jeff Gordon has won 9 road course races, 12 plate races, 7 at martinsville and atleast 1 on all but 2 current tracks. does that mean he cant' adapt?

I would also go on to ask my own questions

6.) In his great career Dale Earnhardt Sr. got a grand total of 76 cup wins and 7 championships. If Dale had started racing next year and run under the new points system and car of tomorrow would he have won those 7 titles? Would Richard Petty?

7.)If all that matters is the chase why is it a 36 race season, why do we not run a 5 race season to get the top 12 and then run the chase?

8.) And most importantly, Why hasn't Nascar listened to the majority fans and removed the chase?

1. That's the point of a playoff format.

2. No, I do not want him to change. I'm not a Jeff Gordon fan. If HE wants to win more championships, then HE better want him to change.

3. I never said he was a fan favorite. Dale Jr. has that by a landslide. But I feel Jimmie gets more respect than Dale Jr., so...

4. Brad's run doesn't deserve a title because he didn't end the chase with the most points. Tony Stewert did. The last 10 races don't determine the title. In order to be eligible for the chase, you need to first be consistant enough throughout the "regular season."

5. Has nothing to do with adapting to the changes that NASCAR lays down to its scoring system. Jeff Gordon is a great driver and is a contender in any race, but he hasn't adapted to the new format.

6. I can't predict what would've happened. I'm not a fortune cookie. But both of them would be pretty old to just be starting their careers, so I would guess "No" for both.

7. The chase isn't all that matters. You have to first be eligible for it. that is what the "regular season" determines. Once you meet that criteria, then you can compete with the rest of the eligible drivers for the championship.

Your problem is that you are trying to convince everyone that Jeff deserves more. He doesn't. He knows the rules. The fans wanted this type of system. When drivers were winning the championship with multiple races left on the season, it made the end of the season almost pointless to watch. This new system keeps everything very close. Tony and Carl tied last year and Tony had more wins, so he won. You can't get closer, down to the wire, type of racing than that. Not everyone supports the Chase format, but it is what it is. Either adjust, or don't. Throwing "ifs" out there isn't going to gain anyone more respect.

Your Comment

1. Yes it is suppose to be.

2.No, what needs to change is the way the chase is set up because right now 5 wins is all you need.

3. So... whats your point?

4.Wrong, The only difference between what Brad K did and what stewart did was time and that Brad K had bonus points stolen from him. Stewart only finished the chase with the most points because of the reset. The last 10 races do determine the title between the top 12 drivers. Any consistanty that was needed during the first 26 races was removed with the wild card rules and the new points. Stewart proved that.

5. Yes and No. Jeff has adapted well enough to get into the chase almost every year, even without winning a race. The problem is the bonus for wins. Jeff hasn't figured out that its not 1 more point for 1st over second, its 5. But he doesn't need to adapt, When Jr. failed to make the chase Nascar suddenly decided the chase needed more drivers and looked what happened.

6.So you agree that what Johnson has done is not the same as what the others have done without the chase?

7.The chase is all that matters. Stewart barely made the chase, won 5 races and got the title. If Stewart last year had gotten his 5 wins spread over the course of the year, with 2 or 3 being in the chase, he would not have won the title. Wild cards mean anyone is eligable. Do you believe that Hamlin or Paul Menards seasons last year were really better then Bowyers even though he didn't win a race until the chase?

I believe Jeff does deserve atleast one title for 2007, that is all he was robbed. If you don't think he does thats your opinion. Where are these fans that hated the old system now? When drivers were winning the title with multiple races left, it made the races themselves more interesting. Did anyone care that Edwards won the last 2 races of the 2010 season and finally broke his winless streak? No. The new system gives guys titles they don't deserve, with no consistency and a stupid tie breaker. If Matt Kenesth had not won his championship with one win the chase would not exsist. Last year edwards tied for the title with only one win, Where is the new points system to fix the chase because that proved it does nothing?

"It's been this way for years. So Jeff should have adjusted his racing habits by now, no?" [/B]

The chase was put in place 9 years ago. Nascar has been around since 1948. That 55 years of racing under the old points system. Jeff started in Nascar in 1992. For the first 11 years he raced 1 points system and won 4 championships. Now you want him to change?

Tony Stewart hasn't had trouble winning under both point systems, and has spent about an equal time with both.

Not arguing with you anymore. My newfound thoughts:

Jeff Gordon is the best and deserves to win the championship no matter how it is set up and no matter how many points he has. :rolleyes:

The old way is better. :rolleyes:

Playoff systems suck. That is why every major US sport has one. How dare an underdog that barely makes the playoffs make a run to win the championship! :rolleyes:

The new system causes drivers to go for the win more, and that is not a good thing. :rolleyes:

It also makes it harder to recover from a mistake. I don't like that either. :rolleyes:

I will no longer question anything you say, because you are a much smarter and logical person than I. I feel that if I waste time debating anything with you, I will look foolish. And I do not want to look foolish anymore. :rolleyes:

Keep on keeping on with your thoughts. :dunce:

Last edited:
Back