• 30 comments

FoolKiller

Don't be a fool.
Premium
United States
Frankfort, KY
GTP_FoolKiller
FoolKiller1979
Ten years ago today I registered on GTPlanet. I have been a member here longer than I have been married.

It has been a glorious decade where I have made some friends and acquaintances and feel as if I am part of a family. I have received great support in times good and bad.

What's funny is that sometimes I forget the exact date something happened in my life. On more than one occasion I have used my posting history to find out the date I was looking for. Reading through my ten years, 22,000 posts history here is like reading a summarized chronicling of my life. This place has become a place where I have been comfortable enough to share my happiest and saddest times in my life.

That is a strange thing to find online. You can't even pull that off on something like Facebook, where you are supposed to be sharing with supposed friends. I don't trust easily. I still have doctors that I don't trust. So, my willingness to share with many of you is a testament to the quality of this site. Much of my more personal takes and updates are in the premium forums, but the tale of my medical issues, the birth of my daughter, and my daily fight that I currently have with a special diet are all on the general sections of the site. My politics are out there for anyone to see. There are things I have discussed and opinions I have shared here that I can't say at work or in the presence of some family because the judgmental attitudes of some around me would create problems.

Ultimately, this place is my online home. It would be my browser's start up page if I didn't want others to to be able to just hop on, logged in as me. You never know when your dad is going to tell the whole world about how you were lying about your car and that you've been grounded, right?

So, thank you GTPlanet for being a place I have happily spent ten years of my life (more if you count the time I spent looking for GT tips without having signed up) and hope to spend much more.

And thank you to @Jordan for creating a place where a bunch of fans of a game that most people couldn't understand could come together. And congratulations to all the staff, past and present, for succeeding in creating an online community that succeeds at all the right things that most social media fails to pull off.

And posted with four minutes to spare.

Congratulations, FK. 👍 Lot of us don't play Gran Turismo anymore, let alone video games, but we still show up, don't we? It is the community & you are big part of it too, so thank you. :cheers:

Gran Turwhat? Vidjo puzzles?

Congrats FK, here's to another ten. It's the people that make this community and you can take pride in knowing you* are the reason this site is great. :cheers:

*that's all of you guys and dolls, but it'll take a lot to get close to FK's posting quality.

Congrats buddy. I've been thinking about how all my posts are basically an online autobiography of my life. Really neat huh?

((hugs))

Good going, FK. 👍
Always a pleasure to have you around and rap with you whether agreeing or disagreeing; you, among many others, are what makes GTPlanet what it is to me.

beer011.gif

Congrats mate, here's to at least another ten years. :cheers:

You've said previously that your posts are often long winded, well keep them that way they're always worth the read.

Thanks for being here, @FoolKiller, it is an honor to have you as a part of this community!

Here's to another happy (and hopefully healthier!) ten years. :cheers:

So, thank you GTPlanet for being a place I have happily spent ten years of my life (more if you count the time I spent looking for GT tips without having signed up) and hope to spend much more.

:cheers:

Congrats on 10 years and here's to 10 more! Your posts and thoughts are a big part of what makes this community so great.

:cheers:

I think you'll fit in alright here. You should stay.

Big congrats on the decade, FK. :cheers:

Congratulations, FoolKiller. It's our pleasure to have you here. Here's to ten more years! :cheers:

Congratulations, FoolKiller! Like you, I share more with GTP than I do anywhere else on the internet. It's the right place to talk about anything you're willing to talk about, with confidence and support. Before we know it you'll be sharing your experiences teaching Tova how to drive a car, right?

Congratulations on ten years! So far, you have still been the only GTP'er I know to have been within 10 miles of me at one point.
I seriously wish you the best!

10 years it's certainly a long time and it is funny feeling to see your life play out in thread postings, congrats Foolkiller 👍

We're glad to have had you here all these years.

Congrats on the milestone!

One of the truly inspirational members of this community. Altough we haven't interacted much, rest assured your posts get read from Mexico.

Congrats 👍

Congratulations, FoolKiller on a decade, and setting me straight on more than a few occasions. 👍

Congratulations on ten years! So far, you have still been the only GTP'er I know to have been within 10 miles of me at one point.
I seriously wish you the best!
And this past year we changed hotels from one in Winder to one in Jefferson. Long story involving a traffic ticket for a BS law and Jameson Inn failing to have improved anything in the 12 years we have been going there.

The place we stay at in Jefferson was run down previously and recently renovated by new owners. Seems almost new, and because few people were willing to check it out based on old reviews I now have a reservation preference on Petit Le Mans weekend for the handicap accessible room; right next to the lobby and a giant bathroom with a walk-in shower. Plus their complimentary breakfast is much larger than most interstate-side hotels. It also helps that Jefferson is just two exits down from Braselton and much easier to access when we come via US-129.

Congrats on the big ten! I know that we haven't really interacted at all, if at all, but your posts are always read with interest.

Good luck on the next ten!:gtpflag:

I'm a little late, but just popped in to say your decade statue should be arriving any day now.

Congrats on ten years, and thanks for making them so enjoyable. Here's to another decade! :cheers:

Back