Test my Nissan GT-R '07 tune

boppinblue
OK so after searching the web and this forum, and being moaned at by one or two forum members, I have attempted to tune this GT-R. This is my first published tune so some feedback would be appreciated.
Car Modifications:
-stage 3 engine tuning
-sports ECU
-stage 3 weight reduction
-window weight reduction
-carbon bonnet (body colour)
-all aero parts
-sports intake manifold
-racing air filter
-sports exhaust manifold
-sports catalytic converter
-titanium racing exhaust
-high RPM range turbo kit
-fully customizable transmission
-twin plate clutch
-semi-racing flywheel
-fully customizable LSD
-torque distributing centre differential
-carbon prop shaft
-fully customizable suspension
-racing soft tires

Aero: 2/22

Trans:
-Top Speed: 249 MPH (400 KPH)

Drivetrain:
-LSD: 15/20
20/20
10/15
-Torque dist: 20/80

Suspension:
-Height: -10/-10
-Spring: 14/12
-Damp ext: 6/6
-Damp comp: 7/5
-Anti-roll: 5/5
-Camber (-): 1.6/1.5
-Toe: 0/0.20

Brakes: 6/5

Tuners Notes: good acceleration and top speed. CAUTION over crests as low front downforce will cause car to take off. Mild understeer at high speed and high grip drop off point in corners, causing front tire to lock up if corner taken too quickly.

Last edited:
Tuning advice for you.... a Turbo 3 isnt good for all tracks and cars.... test and you will see.... also what track is this tuned to and what was you best lap time?

TGTT= Top Gear Test Track

I've tried the mid-range turbo for the GT-R and didn't show much difference in acceleration or top speed.

only times can tell.... TGTT...lol. thats pointless- every track has a differant set up! because Top Speed is differant for every track. Also gear ratio- so you can stay in certain gears on certain staights & turns. a one make tune up is pointless in gt5

TGTT is a very, very bad place to focus your tuning at... Too smooth and flat.

And that 'Ring time is a bit off I reckon, I did either 7:01 or 6:59 with the February Tuner Challenge Championship Impreza I built... Which has 539hp or something on sports soft tires. And I'm no 'Ring meister.

Also, as much as I hate the R35, I'm going to say here that you've ruined it. Put the stock LSD and VCD back in instead of the adjustable parts and try something like this on the suspension:

Suspension:
-Spring: 16.2/8.8
-Damp ext: 9/9
-Damp comp: 6/6
-Anti-roll: 1/7
-Camber (-): 2.3/1.8
-Toe: -0.20/-0.05

Should make for a somewhat interesting drive w/ the stock diffs.

TGTT is a very, very bad place to focus your tuning at... Too smooth and flat.

And that 'Ring time is a bit off I reckon, I did either 7:01 or 6:59 with the February Tuner Challenge Championship Impreza I built... Which has 539hp or something on sports soft tires. And I'm no 'Ring meister.

Also, as much as I hate the R35, I'm going to say here that you've ruined it. Put the stock LSD and VCD back in instead of the adjustable parts and try something like this on the suspension:

Suspension:
-Spring: 16.2/8.8
-Damp ext: 9/9
-Damp comp: 6/6
-Anti-roll: 1/7
-Camber (-): 2.3/1.8
-Toe: -0.20/-0.05

Should make for a somewhat interesting drive w/ the stock diffs.
OK thanks for the feedback. I am not a tuner and posted this to get some feedback as no one would tell me how to get to a GT-R tune. the time on the ring was a previous time of the same car, but a lesser tuned version, so I will remove that. will try your tune asap

Also, as much as I hate the R35, I'm going to say here that you've ruined it.

The R35 is a technological masterstroke. They found a way to make going 200 MPH feel like driving a minivan loaded with bags of sand. It can lap the Ring in 7:20... driving only on the grass. It is both bossier and fatter than American in-laws. It's always right, especially the 1 time in 1,000 when you're driving in a straight line on smooth pavement and suddenly all 4 tires turn red and it spins out for no discernible reason, becomes airborne and lands on the roof. Because that was a philosophical statement, you meatbag twit.

:dunce:

Yes, TGTT is really bad. (Nordschleife too)
Good tracks are for example Grand Valley Speedway, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest....
Use whatever you like, but you should test your tune on different tracks.

Yes, TGTT is really bad. (Nordschleife too)
Good tracks are for example Grand Valley Speedway, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest....
Use whatever you like, but you should test your tune on different tracks.

I knew Nuburgring was bad for tuning!
Custom Track and Fuji For Me!

Back