TGT 2 vs DD PRO

• Thread starter Opulence75
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Really 50/50 on which bundle to buy. I only play GT7 on a PS4 and currently use a G29 mounted on a GT Omega Classic wheel stand. I have approximately £650 to spend and can’t decide between TGT 2 and DD Pro. I’m leaning towards the TGT 2 for more of a plug and play experience and I’ve read that the FFB is really good if you only play GT but the pedals are not so good. I’m happy to buy some brake mods to improve them but don’t have the money at the moment to upgrade to load cell. And also don’t have the rig setup to support a LC pedal right now as I have a separate chair and stand.
With regards to the DD Pro, I’m obviously attracted to the direct drive from the Fanatec but concerned that I’ll struggle with set up in terms of both game setup and compatibility with my wheel stand. I think the wheelbase is compatible with a GT Omega Classic but pretty sure the pedals are not without requiring any extra “customisation”. Would also be happy to purchase mods for the pedals for the DD Pro too but for the same reasons as mentioned above, won’t be upgrading to the LC. Also much prefer the reviews of the TGT 2 wheel rim over the DD Pro.

Each day I change my mind between these two options so any advice/experiences from users of either/both would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I have bought the TGTII wheel base some months ago, before I had …3 T300RS and several Thrustmaster wheels that I can use on TGTII. (0ne reason I didn't go for Fanatec.) I.am very happy with it, FFB is very good on GT7 and on F1, there are no bizarre vibrations as I was sometimes with T300 RS..
For the pedals I use Fanatec CSL load cell as I have the “magical box” DRIVE HUB😁

TGT2, because you only play GT7 and the setup is easy. Plus, LC upgrade and I think you will enjoy the added transducer effects.

If your budget is already 650, it doesn't make too much sense to buy a belt driven wheel. You can get the low torque DD pro bundle for just a tiny bit more and have significantly more upgrade options for load cell, wheel, torque, and other console compatibility.

I’d go for the DD. Right now it seems to be a coin flip on which ones better for GT7. But I’m sure this won’t be the case come GT8

Thanks for the responses guys. For those recommending the DD Pro, any ideas if the pedals are compatible with the GT Omega Classic stand?

Both are excellent wheels. Availability at the time dictated my choice of the TGT2 wheel and T-LCM pedals.

Apart from a small warranty issue I'm very very happy and considerably faster going to them and a GT Omega Titan.

You have to balance top end last of the line tech (really solid belt stuff) with entry level DD. They almost feel the same and in someways off Center the belt has internal drag that feels more natural. The DD stuff at this price point is good but without the mechanical connection can "sometimes" feel a bit drive by wire rather than analogue.

Both are awesome bits of kit but if you can really look at maybe a second hand wheel base and get loadcell pedals. It's the pedals that make you smoother and quicker not the wheel or wheel base.

Thanks for the responses guys. For those recommending the DD Pro, any ideas if the pedals are compatible with the GT Omega Classic stand?
Should be fine. I previously had my DD Pro attached to a GT Omega Apex stand and it looks like the pedal plate is the same on both of those. I only mounted with the "front" screw holes under the heel plate and it was fine. You can drill for the rear holes that go through the base of the pedals themselves, but unnecessary in my experience.

I bought the GT DD Pro bundle and mounted it to a GT Omega wheel stand. It was fine. I recently bought the seat attachment and out casters on it to make it easier to move. Stays put when I lock the casters to play.

Attachments

• 69912155717__0EF6914C-D6FA-4DB7-A7EC-80FD8C2B2A9D.jpeg
    69912155717__0EF6914C-D6FA-4DB7-A7EC-80FD8C2B2A9D.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 55
Back