The Doc's Classic Tunes:Jag D Type.

• Thread starter bigmull
  • 9 comments
England
England
Finally managed to get this done.Fuel and Tyres are not a problem as you will get 4+ laps of Le Mans.Do remember this car has skinny tyres and no aero package,so you will need to adapt your driving style to get the best from this car.It will do 170+ but stopping is another matter as you can only upgrade the Discs and not the pads.Also remember that this is a low revving engine so you may find yourself going a lot faster than you think!
dt1.jpg
dt3.jpg
dt4.jpg
dt5.jpg

really interesting, apart from the problems already mentioned in my answer on another post; I will try to modify the fully adjustable LSD seems the one i used for the Jag XJ13 to see how the car responds to my needs; however, this looks great too

really interesting, apart from the problems already mentioned in my answer on another post; I will try to modify the fully adjustable LSD seems the one i used for the Jag XJ13 to see how the car responds to my needs; however, this looks great too
I hope you enjoy it.It is set up for the Le Mans track.It lacks the acceleration of the more modern cars but is eminently suited to Le Mans.There is a knack to driving the older cars with no aero and you can be suprised at just what cars can beat the modern ones.Last night i tried the Alfa Romeo TZ Zagato on the 30 min Le Mans race and did manage to win.It has great fuel economy even though it has a supercharger and tyre wear is negligable.What really suprised me was just how well it handled for such and old car.You will have to use the power setting on the fuel management side quite a bit and have a smidge of good luck with the weather and pit just right you win but not by much!Once i have finalised the setup i will post it here.Here is a vid i uploaded,there were a couple of offs but it was the first time i had driven the car.

Thank you, I'm very interested in this old lady, plus I'm two years older and she could be perfect for me! lol

I hope you enjoy it.It is set up for the Le Mans track.It lacks the acceleration of the more modern cars but is eminently suited to Le Mans.There is a knack to driving the older cars with no aero and you can be suprised at just what cars can beat the modern ones.Last night i tried the Alfa Romeo TZ Zagato on the 30 min Le Mans race and did manage to win.It has great fuel economy even though it has a supercharger and tyre wear is negligable.What really suprised me was just how well it handled for such and old car.You will have to use the power setting on the fuel management side quite a bit and have a smidge of good luck with the weather and pit just right you win but not by much!Once i have finalised the setup i will post it here.Here is a vid i uploaded,there were a couple of offs but it was the first time i had driven the car.

really, i'm waiting for your setting

Much improved over stock. A bit too squirrelly for me. Got frustrated with this one.
Thanks to Doc I bought it and made these adjustments to his tune to fit better in my style (don't know anything about tuning, just experimental);

RM tyres
Body height Front 125 Rear 150
AntiRoll Front 10 Rear 1
ToeAngle Front 0,24 out Rear 0,24 out
Ballast 90kg all rear (50).

Now it's easier for my little driving skills.

I will be thankful if someone with more expertise can go further.

Thank you bigmull!

Thanks to Doc I bought it and made these adjustments to his tune to fit better in my style (don't know anything about tuning, just experimental);

RM tyres
Body height Front 125 Rear 150
AntiRoll Front 10 Rear 1
ToeAngle Front 0,24 out Rear 0,24 out
Ballast 90kg all rear (50).

Now it's easier for my little driving skills.

I will be thankful if someone with more expertise can go further.

Thank you bigmull!
You are most welcome,i really enjoy tuning these old Classics.Tuning is also highly subjective as people all drive differently.You cant throw these old Cars about like modern ones and for me thats the Challenge.I will be posting a tune for the new Honda open wheel race car shortly,its a cracking car!

Much improved over stock. A bit too squirrelly for me. Got frustrated with this one.
you need to handle it with care,remember it has skinny wheels and no aero so you are going to have corner at much lower speeds and coast through the corners before accelerating.I used this tune for the vid below.You need to remember that this car was specifically designed for the Le Mans track,so using it on other circuits will not give the best of results,many of the old Classics were designed just for one track and race unlike todays cars.

Back