The Ferrari red colors...

I know knew about this, but didnt know that the less brighter Rosso corsa paint will look brighter on non Hdr displays apparently
Doesn't the 2007 Ferrari F1 sport a darker-than-usual red color schem to compensate for the lack of the color palette that TV's had back in the day?

I know knew about this, but didnt know that the less brighter Rosso corsa paint will look brighter on non Hdr displays apparently

Well its easily sorted, somebody with HDR TV can let us know which looks brighter.

Im still rocking a 1080p SDR unfortunately, but you cant miss what you never had.

I have one and I hate HDR :D in GT Sport I can at least increase the brightness but in some games like Detroit become human it was really dark...

As far as colors go, they seem more alive, especially the Ferrari colors.

In this game it looks like the Rosso Corsa paint is brighter than the Scuderia paint...

In real life the Rosso Scuderia paint is the most bright red paint. Mmh...

Real Rosso corsa

8744366517_f3bffa4b78_b.jpg

Real Rosso scuderia

7559916686_1abdcca175_c.jpg

In GTS the difference is exactly the same

Edit: I play on HDR TV

Last edited:
It's not just HDR, it's the additional 'Deep Colour Gamut' that some screens can display.

Also, the two comparison pictures above are practically useless as one is in sunshine and has been edited, the other hasn't been edited and is inside under flourescent tubes. My car looks completely different in both different lighting environments, let alone a ferrari...

Just look at the screenshots.

In GT Sport the darker red paint is brighter than its supposed to be...

Attachments

• Knipsel.JPG
    Knipsel.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Knipsel2.JPG
    Knipsel2.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Knipsel3.JPG
    Knipsel3.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Knipsel4.JPG
    Knipsel4.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 76
Best filming a piece off GT Sport with a HDR compatible phone (such as Sony Xperia or and LG G phone) on HDR compatible tv. Then can compare colours.

In this game it looks like the Rosso Corsa paint is brighter than the Scuderia paint...

In real life the Rosso Scuderia paint is the most bright red paint. Mmh...

Yes Rosso Corsa looks a bit brighter than Rosso Scuderia, this is without HDR, I can't have both HDR and gaming mode at the same time on my Samsung TV :confused:, but it was the same when I tried it in HDR, maybe PD have swithed those colours by accident?
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180628155834.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180628155926.jpg

Not being funny, but the GT Sport screens above (on my PC monitor, which is one of the key points as all monitors display colours slightly differently) look correct.

Rossa Scuderia looks a touch brighter than the Rossa Corsa - by a minimal amount TBF. HDR would, however, pick this up a lot more.

You are all missing the point somewhat, as said before, because you need a display capable of rendering the wide colour gamut and/or deep colour gamuts - as that is what is required to correctly 'digitize' the Ferrari reds and display them back.

Unless you are using a TV that is A) less than 5 years old, B) was high end 5 years ago and C) has Deep/Wide colour gamut enabled for that HDMI port you will not see the colours exactly (or even remotely) as they appear in real life.

Back