The GTPACO/FIA 24 Hours of Le Mans - June 11-12 - CANNED, see you next year.

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 75 comments

MitchZ06

(Banned)
Mitch_Z06
Race has been canned for this year, sorry folks...

picture.php
Well the big race is still just over a month away but I'm thinking about putting the wheels into motion for this now. Who would be up for running a 12 Hours of Le Mans while the real 24 Hour race is running? We'd run for the first half of the race which would allow people to watch the remaining half and the most important part, the finish.

It appears if 190-200 laps are run it will give us around 12 hours (for LMP cars running under 3:30) so its fully possible to do online.

We'd run 2 classes, LMP and GTE, 1 driver teams and 2 driver teams. I understand some people will have friends over to help them run the race and others wont (myself included) so the racing might be a bit on the less serious side for some but the quality should be there.

I'll open the room an hour before the race for qualifying etc and the race will start when the real one does.

Whos up for the challenge?

Le Mans Test Day

12 Heures du Mans 2011 Entry List

LMP
decho
MC CAULEY
Sephy
StigsHero
heinz57
MrMulsanne
GrahamTurismo
GT5_X2010

GTE
lilcat89
DCerinza
hawkeye122
MitchZ06
si_berian_tiger
EliteDreamer

Cars:

LMP
Audi R8 Team Oreca
Audi R10
Bentley Speed 8
Pescarolo Courage C60 Peugeot
Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Pescarolo Courage Judd GV5
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Oreca
Toyota GT-One

GTE
Nissan 350 LM - 1300kg-555hp
Honda NSX LM - 1300kg-555hp
McLaren F1 Stealth - 1300kg-525hp
Corvette ZR1 RM - 1300kg-500hp
Nomad Diablo GT1 - 1300kg-475hp
Audi R8 LMS - 1300kg-475hp
Ford GT Race Car SpecII - 1300kg-450hp

**All previous GT1 entries in the LMES will be restricted to GTE regs.
Chevrolet Corvette C5R
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car
McLaren F1 GTR
Viper GTSR Team Oreca
Nomad Diablo GT1
Nissan GTR Concept LM Race Car
Panoz Esperante GTR1

Last edited:
Mitch you are one brave soul!
I may join you for the first few hours if you don't get a full grid!

The spirit is in the right place, but maybe a reduced-length would be warranted.

If you try and host a race for 24 hours you are bound to finish with about 2 drivers, considering how many people will most likely drop due to internet hiccups or exhaustion.

3 hours would net you a full grid methinks.

Maybe the final 3-4 hours of the race would be easier for people to last, would result in about 60 odd laps.

Remember to remind people you can do a pit stop and hit START to park your car in the stall for a nice long piss break 👍

If you did it the week after the real race I'd be in, but I'll be watching the race/ studying for exams that weekend.

Its the weekend during the GTPACO LMES Le Mans break so it'd allow the entrants to run in the race otherwise I'd have to push the rounds after the break even further back.

June 11-12 is the date, cant remember the time but it will coincide with the real 24 Heures Du Mans. Only classes will be LMP set at 700PP and GTE set at 650PP which is the same as the LMP and GT1 classes in my GTPACO Le Mans Endurance Series (in my sig).

100% intressed in doing 24h La Mans race.
Weather night/day change and a friend or two
to help with stints. Brilliant. Put my name down.

Its obvious this wont go for 24Hours due to the 200 lap limit so it'll be more like 4 hours. Will probably run this at the start of the race so I can watch the rest of it, will be too distracted otherwise....lol

Just added this race to the online triple crown. Desperate to get your name up there Mitch? :lol:

If it's only going to be for 200 laps or 4 hours then I'd probably toss my hat in the ring. Since I'll be in the Indy 500 I have to participate in Le Mans and Monaco so I can try for the triple crown! Our next race after the 500 is going to be a fully authentic recreation of the GP of Monaco with knock-out qualifying and everything! REALLY excited for that one! 👍

I would be good for this. 3 hours would be about the max for me though. I would like to see an approved car list though to figure out what class I want to run.

You may wish to start adding people' ID's next to the car they wish to use - it will prevent a field of the same car appearing.

Can I take the Corvette ZR1 RM?

Watch out. I tried to host a 4 hours of Le Mans. No one signed for GT and 9 signed for LMP. me and 2 others turned up so we aborted. Also, if you host this after the race on sunday evening then people from the US will be able to attend. Another thing, host after the race so that people who know about Le Mans and would rather attend Le Mans can attend this too. Personally, host the weekend after.

How many laps are you thinking for the race?

If you use a prototype the average lap is about +3 minutes, so you can do 19 laps per hour.

If you choose a 200 laps event the race is going to last about 11 hours.

For me a good race will be 4 to 6 hours.

DiegoC1980

8 of each class is the idea. Wont be any restrictions on how many single model tho (unless it turns into Spec (insert car name here)).

Back