• Thread starter Hayden
  • 26 comments

Hayden

Chrysler Racer
Premium
Australia
South Australia
gtpe.jpg

Welcome GT Planet members to the brand new GTP Gymkhana Community. The idea of gymkhana on GT5 has been around since release, with various youtube videos occasionaly bringing it into the public eye. However there has never been a place that people who enjoy gymkhana on GT can meet and greet to share setups, photos, videos, course layouts or arrange tandem events (except this onewhich died really quick) So the idea recently struck me while working on a vid that it's about damn time we got a place to do so. If this sounds good to you, be sure to check in by leaving your name in this thread.

The idea is not just for a community who loves Ken Block styled gymkhana, but also one that embraces the more traditional style of racing against a clock like this (japanese commentary FTW)

Setups
Posted below will be links to setups shared by community members. If you want help with setting up a gymkhana vehicle feel free to make a request.

Course Layouts
If a member of this community designs a layout for the Top Gear Test Track it will be posted below with instructions or a video of how to make it
- My original GT5 show off style Gymkhana course. Project Gymkhana [GT5] please ignore the video's low ratings, they were posted by people who either can't read or are really impatient...

Gymkhana Videos
"GT5 Gymkhana 2" by pstationlife
"GT5 Gymkhana- Subaru Testing" by pstationlife
"GT5 : I tried to imitate Ken Block's driving" by takkunsPAPA

Online Events
Links to upcoming GT5 Gymkhana events will be posted here. If a community member decides to randomly open an open lobby they are free to do so and post the room number in this thread

Community Members (GTP Name, PSN Name)
MrDinosaw94, GTP_MrDinosaw94

Rules
As this is a friendly, casual community i must advise you guys to keep the insults to a minimum. There is nothing wrong with a gentle dig at somebody, but if you start typing capitalized insults in this thread, you will be asked to leave and may be reported to GTP mods.

Tyre choice and what you choose to use for your gymkhana vehicles is entirely up to you.

To keep this thread free of arguments i must first make this statement...
The definition of drifting is arguable and as such there shall be no such arguments if someone mentions in passing that they drift their 4WD car. Besides, according to GTP moderators in this thread the arguments aren't allowed here anyway.
So please keep this in mind if your coming to this thread just to start a fight.

Last edited:
mazdad.jpg

Power: 358
Weight: 1070
PP: 508

Parts to buy-
Oil change
All engine upgrades
Stage 2 turbo
Comfort Hard Tyres

Aero: 10/20

Gears: 1st- 3.638
2nd= 2.723
3rd= 2.068
4th=1.582
5th= 1.227
6th= 1.061
Final= 4.694
Max Speed= 155

Torque Dist= 25/75

Diff= 10/7
20/16
10/7

Suspension
-31/-27
15.1/18.0
8/8
8/8
6/6
0.5/0.5
0.00/0.20

Comments= This is my personal favourite gymkhana vehicle in GT5. While it suffers from a lack of power, the short gearing and comfort hard tyres make it acceptable. Really tight and controllable, if required stage 3 turbo can improve power but hurts low range torque.

I think it's a bit of grey area as gymkhana is time attack rather than drifting. People are just caught up with the fact that they see ken block doing power slides in an impressive gymkhana style and assume/mistake it for drifting. We'll see though.

Gymkanah on GT5 sounds great! I personally drift 100 % of the time online and a rule changeup from the norm could really be fun. Dirt 3 had really fun gymkanah play and would be great to do with a more realistic game engine

Great idea I personally enjoy the change up from regular drifting. might I recommend Madrid for gymkhana, the skidpad circle makes for awesome pictures.

I think it's a bit of grey area as gymkhana is time attack rather than drifting. People are just caught up with the fact that they see ken block doing power slides in an impressive gymkhana style and assume/mistake it for drifting. We'll see though.

Fair call, but please don't raise this argument.

Gymkhana has nothing to do with drifting 👍

If you are implying that i move the thread, may i ask where to? There really is no other forums where this properly fits and will get traffic from people who are interested.

Great idea I personally enjoy the change up from regular drifting. might I recommend Madrid for gymkhana, the skidpad circle makes for awesome pictures.

+1 about madrid, not just the skidpad either. The whole track is fantastic for high speed, high angled (hmm what word should i use here) sliding. Another favourite is Nurburgring GP/F. There's a small area on the right side of the track with barricades on both sides which makes for some unbelievable photos 👍

Last edited:
MrDinosaw I think you too are getting caught up in ken block's antics, concentrating more on impressive power sliding rather than the main goal which is to go as quickly as possible around a set course.

MrDinosaw I think you too are getting caught up in ken block's antics, concentrating more on impressive power sliding rather than the main goal which is to go as quickly as possible around a set course.
It's like those kids that think lil wayne is a good rapper :dunce:

If you read the OP mate, you will see...
The idea is not just for a community who loves Ken Block styled gymkhana, but also one that embraces the more traditional style of racing against a clock like this (japanese commentary FTW)
And if you follow the link you will see a very impressive traditional gymkhana run by a japanese man in an Evo.

As it says, it's for a community that embrasses both the flashy stunt driving and the hardcore genuine gymkhana.

Just read the OP, now I know for sure it shouldn't be in the drifting section. Is there not a time attack section?

Just read the OP, now I know for sure it shouldn't be in the drifting section. Is there not a time attack section?

I shall ask a mod. While there is a time trial section this thread really doesn't fit there either (most are hot lap battles with specific cars on specific tracks) and will be completely ignored. I figured the drifting section would be best due to the attraction drifters have to gymkhana, and the skill both versions of the sport require

EDIT: PM sent to daan regarding where this thread should be placed

Last edited:
Didn't really know what gymkhana was, but just watched Ken Block's run on YouTube and he's INSANEEE!!!

My point exactly proved. It's not you personaly, clutch, it's basically everyone that watches ken block and thinks 'hmmm gymkhana sure looks fun i'll give that a go' IRL or on GT5 when the real stuff consists of mx5's and open wheel cars ripping up a car park, as can be seen above.
Not to make a nuisance of myself.

Edit: It could be put in the tuning section.

Last edited:
amidoingitright?

Nice photo my man 👍 And yes, you are doing the Ken Block style exactly right :)

Edit: It could be put in the tuning section.

I dont think it would fit very well in the tuning section mate, most of those threads are either tuning houses or requests. I think it will just have to stay here

Last edited:
So Gymkhana is the maneuvering of your vehicle through tight obstacles?
If this is the case, then small hatchbacks as obstacles would make for an interesting run:sly:

Ken block may not do real gymkhana but no one who has watched his videos or tried it in gt5 can say that it isn't fun. I mean it is absolutely f@&king hilarious.

Ken block may not do real gymkhana but no one who has watched his videos or tried it in gt5 can say that it isn't fun. I mean it is absolutely f@&king hilarious.

I re-did his subaru; 380hp- bolt on upgrades for power, max weight reduction, 30/70 torque dist., and Racing Hard-Front/Sports Hard-rear. Easy drifting, and high speed as well:D

machate-man
I re-did his subaru; 380hp- bolt on upgrades for power, max weight reduction, 30/70 torque dist., and Racing Hard-Front/Sports Hard-rear. Easy drifting, and high speed as well:D

There is a tune from one of the big tuning garages for the rm impreza that works very well with cs front and ch rear. Loads of fun.

So Gymkhana is the maneuvering of your vehicle through tight obstacles?
If this is the case, then small hatchbacks as obstacles would make for an interesting run:sly:

It would need to be FR or 4wd though or else you would be endlessly using the handbrake. You couldnt do it in a civic but maybe a golf

There is a tune from one of the big tuning garages for the rm impreza that works very well with cs front and ch rear. Loads of fun.
You got a link mate? I'll put it in the OP :)

It would need to be FR or 4wd though or else you would be endlessly using the handbrake. You couldnt do it in a civic but maybe a golf

Brainwave!
r32-golf-hpa1.JPG

:drool:

Back