The Initial D thread

• Thread starter nizmo_bro
  • 4 comments
nizmo_bro
Don't believe I have seen this. Lets talk about everyones favorite tofu delivery boy, and his rivals.

I've been a fan of Initial D for years. I remember my brother coming home with these cool new Japanese DVDs he borrowed from a friend. Once I started watching, I was hooked. It's what really got me into drifting.

I've probably watched the whole series 8 or 9 times in the last few years. I really wish they could come out with a new stage, or even a spin off type thing telling Bunta's story of when he was younger. I've always had that in my head that I wanted to see Bunta as a young adult racing through the touge against awesome old school Japanese cars.

I've recently been trying to collect all the new Funimation collection of the show. I really can't stand the Tokyo Pop DVDs.

How much do you guys love Initial D? Who's your favorite racer/character?
Lets add to the discussion as well :)

Ah, Initial D, my first Anime. I loved it a lot, the idea of classic JDM battling it out on Touge Roads, a type of street racing sport called Kaido. This show really got me into liking Japan and it's vehicles more.

Who's my favorite character? I would have to say, Ryosuke, the one with the brains, the great drifting techniques, and my favorite car.

Long Live Initial D

Yeah, this is like the 27th Initial D thread started here at GTP (I started one myself, so no worries...)

Favorite character? Hard to say, so many good ones. Itsuki, Iketani, Kenji, the guy who drives the Levin..., naw, okay it's Bunta! If you ever feel like exploring anime more (check the thread AOS- links) you'll find that the guy who does Bunta is in freaking everything! And yeah, Capeta is a great second anime to experience if your first is ID, and Wangan Midnight, too.

Back