The Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2 Helpful Tips Thread

• Thread starter JakeMR2
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
Jake-Racer1221
So, your having a tough time completing the game, ey? Well I got some recommended tips for succeeding to beating this awesome game. Let's get started shall we.

The best starter cars (from prior experience within the game.

Civic SiR-II (EG6)

txrd2_00.jpg

Such a good car to start out with, you can even do the NA Festa and FF Festa with this car. It is a very good grip car if tuned correctly, and quite possibly good last you the entire game. It is something differnet other than the 180SX users that want a grip car at start.

Nissan 180SX Type X

txrd2_01.jpg

The price is expensive to start out with, though you can probably go without tuning it until the third stage of the game. This car is very tail happy, so I would advise you to have a slightly understeery tune just in case of hazardous conditions like Rain Storms.

On to the slower recommended cars, very under rated ones.

Daihatsu Copen

txrd2_02.jpg

A very grippy K-car in fact recently just started with this car, yes, it is not good for uphill races, but just ignore FR Benchmark in Hakone. It is apparantly slow like all K-cars, but it is like a Midget II, which is another one i have to experiment with at start.

Category Races

Now that you know some of the good cars in this game, now it is the time to do some races at daylight or daybreak. The reason for this is for enough profit to customize and tune your car, which in term would help with dirt racing. Your C-EXP Level is more important at the start, because you cannot progress without meeting any requirements with the Thirteen Devils and Kingdom Twelve.

Refer to the this Thread about C-EXP Levels.

More to come.. soon!

Edit 1:

Since you completed Stage 4, well, you got a bit more stuff and unlocked new licence plates. Now the question is, Should we go after the Thirteen Devils and Kingdom Twelve?

Well not yet, you need tons of money to race the final rivals of the game, so why not do a 40 to 60 Twenty Master races?

TWENTY MASTERS

These guys do show up at random times, they either drive the powerful cars like an Audi, Subaru WRX, Lancer EVO, and Skyline GT-Rs, they bet cars from 1,000 CP to 5,000,000 CP at random cash amounts. The reason I say this is because you need this money, with the almighty Jiniti and Kaido President you'll need it so bad it could hurt you more. So after you race 20 Twenty Masters you can race a Master Lord.

MASTER LORDS

A person whose you can bet on Special Cars and Parts you cannot get in Conquest, these range from all out Rally Cars to higher level parts (if you need any). I recommend them sometimes, they are well worth the time into the game at the moment, but you can make that choice.

Last edited:
I always felt the AE86 Corolla was one of the best choices. Being very cheap, especially when in the used car dealership, and decently swift it can be a good starter. Early game really requires you to be cost effective unless you're willing to grind. Hasn't stopped me from starting with a Silvia of some form half the time anyways.

I always felt the AE86 Corolla was one of the best choices. Being very cheap, especially when in the used car dealership, and decently swift it can be a good starter. Early game really requires you to be cost effective unless you're willing to grind. Hasn't stopped me from starting with a Silvia of some form half the time anyways.

Yeah, I used the AE86 and AE85 in my first playthrough years ago. It can go to Stage 4, but can be used as a Stage 5 car as well.

However, the K-cars I feel are underestimated a bit in terms of performing downhill sections. I beat most rivals with the Copen stock at Stage 1.

Wasn't there a thread for this game?

There is only one that I know of, but this one is a bit different I am trying to compile helpful tips for newer players; when playing TXRD2 it becomes a grind to beat the game completely, but it is possible. Once your Category Level is up to 20 you have nothing really to worry about.

I need help for a good drift tune, having issues getting past them and can’t progress the game until I beat them, also the sponsor tests are bs

Back