Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
I reckon we should actually be able to feel the speed ie more car shake and the look of speed because at the moment going at 70 in game looks about equal to 30 in real life.

Having gone 70, as a driver, it feels like putting along... Having gone 100 mp/h, in the passenger seat, while yelling at the driver "Dude, you just blew by a cop! Slow down!" I can tell you that you only feel like you're going fast when swerving in and out of traffic.

P.S. I no longer talk to the guy who was driving like that. He was extremely jealous of me, because I was the guy who actually races... he's the lonely "I wish I could race, so I pretend to race cars on the street" type. I don't hang out with those who risk my life.

1 last thing the abilty to see weight reducton ie if you lighten the car it removes seats etc and ridgity upgrades add roll bars. also in the garage you should be able to view the engine and various engine upgrades are visible when you open the bonnet.

I would like all of the cars to be detailed, like the premium cars are in GT5. The standard cars always have that boxy look, with jagged edges, or blurred parts of the car. Basically very pixilated. I'm not saying every car has to be perfectly detailed in GT6, I just would like them to have a more realistic look.

I mean, if you look at the Cusco Impreza, (standard version) it looks like the exhaust tips are stickers! And whenever you damage the rear end of the car, the whole rear end just kind of morphs like putty.

zylacorps
No. They look awful on any car, especially Civics. And they are definitely not adding downforce to your Civic, seeing how it is front wheel drive.

You need weight on the back...

No. They look awful on any car, especially Civics. And they are definitely not adding downforce to your Civic, seeing how it is front wheel drive.

Are you seriously suggesting a wing can't generate downforce on a front wheel drive car? Better tell all of the FWD touring car series around the world. I mean true, it's not going to have any effect on a stock Civic doing 70mph but once you get faster cars moving quickly a wing certainly does add downforce.

image-php.jpeg

SimonK
Are you seriously suggesting a wing can't generate downforce on a front wheel drive car? Better tell all of the FWD touring car series around the world. I mean true, it's not going to have any effect on a stock Civic doing 70mph but once you get faster cars moving quickly a wing certainly does add downforce.

It serves no purpose in terms of traction. There is no power going to the back wheels, therefore, you don't need the weight added for traction. It's only there to keep the rear end down at high speed.

Last edited:
That's not what you originally said, you said a wing doesn't generate downforce on a FWD car. It does, they use wings to generate downforce at the rear not to help driven wheels but to improve the overall balance and keep the back of the car planted.

MrMelancholy15
Clearly you simply meant "Rear wings don't add front downforce." Next topic please!

Yes. I've been thinking, maybe PD could add an event with trucks and SUVs, that allows a mudding or hill climb competition? Just a little idea I thought was pretty interesting.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys, I was just asking why.

The wing at the back creates downforce which pushes the back end of the car into the ground giving better balance, since the engine and drivetrain is at the front. You don't want huge downforce at the front and then a light rear end, you need the balance. Yes of course it also creates drag but they would rather that than no downforce and poor balance.

The wing at the back creates downforce which pushes the back end of the car into the ground giving better balance, since the engine and drivetrain is at the front. You don't want huge downforce at the front and then a light rear end, you need the balance. Yes of course it also creates drag but they would rather that than no downforce and poor balance.

This is also false. The fact of the matter is, that all auto manufacturers will put as much downforce on their cars as they can. BTCC cars run front and rear aero.

In fact, with GT5 physics, (given that there's no FRONT aero on almost any FF cars) it's ALWAYS faster to run with NO rear wing on FF. I've tested it. FR cars were a second faster. FF cars were a second slower. Done.

Back