Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
This is also false. The fact of the matter is, that all auto manufacturers will put as much downforce on their cars as they can. BTCC cars run front and rear aero.

In fact, with GT5 physics, (given that there's no FRONT aero on almost any FF cars) it's ALWAYS faster to run with NO rear wing on FF. I've tested it. FR cars were a second faster. FF cars were a second slower. Done.

What do you mean false? I never said they didn't have front aero, I was just explaining why they combine it with rear downforce.

GT5 is also irrelevant, we were talking about real world.

This is also false. The fact of the matter is, that all auto manufacturers will put as much downforce on their cars as they can. BTCC cars run front and rear aero.

In fact, with GT5 physics, (given that there's no FRONT aero on almost any FF cars) it's ALWAYS faster to run with NO rear wing on FF. I've tested it. FR cars were a second faster. FF cars were a second slower. Done.

Also FF cars are more easy to control but they suffer in cornering and get more tire wear due to understeer. Downforce Pushes the car to the ground making it more grippy and corner better(and in dragsters it help with acceleration) obviously it makes the car have a slightly lower top speed.

And a rear wing on a FF car does help with cornering & stability round corners more and makes them steer slightly more sharply but as the car is a FF it will always suffer from understeer.

FR, MR & RR are all better than FF cars as they can't suffer from understeer and that they can accelerate faster simply because what were the powered wheels are. 4WD however handle just a bit worse than any Rear Drive car as they front wheels are also powered but to help with handleing they set the majority of the power to the back wheels but its ok as 4WD have a much higher acceleration.

SimonK
What do you mean false? I never said they didn't have front aero, I was just explaining why they combine it with rear downforce.

You act as if GT5 cannot relate to the real world. Seeing how GT5 has great physics, and is a driving/racing simulator (not in everything though), I would say its pretty relevant.

There were skulls in that game, you know. :lol:
Skulls? Oh no, too scary for the 5 year olds ramming you with their X1s. (I've never liked putting skulls on my car tbh).
You act as if GT5 cannot relate to the real world. Seeing how GT5 has great physics, and is a driving/racing simulator (not in everything though), I would say its pretty relevant.
Other than the fact that GT5 is far from being the perfect car simulator? And why is it that FF race cars IRL use spoilers? Just for kicks? Certainly not.

Other than the fact that GT5 is far from being the perfect car simulator? And why is it that FF race cars IRL use spoilers? Just for kicks? Certainly not.

Even tough MrMelancholy15 is a real racedriver that prefers GT5 to all other simulators. Also I race go-karts and the go-karts in GT5 are very realistic.

Not even proper simulators can't be considered, since the only thing that matters when talking about real live physics is....real live physics.

How about we talk about what we wish to see in GT6 now. We all got carried away. Zedman, did you see one of my earlier posts about the GT3 music? :)

Even tough MrMelancholy15 is a real racedriver that prefers GT5 to all other simulators.
Even though he's only one out of thousands of race car drivers? And may I ask whether he's tried any others before? Or is GT5 the only simulator he's tried and has been stuck with it since? Because, *ahem*. GT5 is not the most realistic simulator out there. Not in a million years.

Not that I especially like someone bragging on my behalf...

Yes, I like GT5. It's got decent physics, which I can relate to real life, and it has a nice, wide selection of cars that fit my interests in touring car racing. Certainly, it's not better than iRacing, in terms of physics, but, it's better than iRacing, in terms of affordability, and you can, from time to time, give someone a piece of your bumper, as a parting gift, when they try to push you off of the track. iRacing would have your head on a punjab stake.

And, finally, why would you comment about iRacing, here, at all? Maybe the "GT6" in the thread title wasn't clear enough: We're discussing Gran Turismo.

That goes for the same thing in the "we were discussing real life." Umm, no, we weren't. We were discussing GT6. GT6 is GT6. GT6 is not real life. Get your head out of the virtual world, and go race, if you want to talk about racing. 💡

Thinking about it, it would be nice to be able to have a wider viewing range in cockpit mode, like the ability to look up and down, and have a more adjustable zoom.

Watt2159
Thinking about it, it would be nice to be able to have a wider viewing range in cockpit mode, like the ability to look up and down, and have a more adjustable zoom.

I agree. I think when you're in cockpit view, it should feel as if you are really in the car. :)

zylacorps
I agree. I think when you're in cockpit view, it should feel as if you are really in the car. :)

Also I want to see the time when in racing at night and all the clocks to work

Especially when you do the phototravel glitch that puts you in the car, there is alot of detail put into them, and it feels like as if its gone to waste if we can't even look at it without having to use an exploit.

Watt2159
Especially when you do the phototravel glitch that puts you in the car, there is alot of detail put into them, and it feels like as if its gone to waste if we can't even look at it without having to use an exploit.

I don't think its that hard to make a door come out and let you in

I don't think its that hard to make a door come out and let you in

:lol: I'm thinking of NFSU. I'm also thinking of Forza Autovista. I'm also thinking of Midnight Club games.... it never ends, this list of games that are proving it possible.

MrMelancholy15
:lol: I'm thinking of NFSU. I'm also thinking of Forza Autovista. I'm also thinking of Midnight Club games.... it never ends, this list of games that are proving it possible.

Grand theft auto made it happen

SimonK

I'd like to weigh in a bit, FF cars do have spoilers in racing but in combination with front and rear splitters, acting as a reverse wing effect pushing all the car down (not just the rear) . Spoiler on its own would just create a dragster style lift creating horrible Understeer or no steering at all. Time attack cars have front and rear or even just front so that they can plant the power through the corner with out losing grip.
Just watch ricers trying to turn corners.... Funny Understeer lol. (one car that has a standard large spoiler is the focus RS but that is to create a cleaner air flow over the top only adding slight downforce and a clever front diff turning it in)

Youngun
I'd like to weigh in a bit, FF cars do have spoilers in racing but in combination with front and rear splitters, acting as a reverse wing effect pushing all the car down (not just the rear) . Spoiler on its own would just create a dragster style lift creating horrible Understeer or no steering at all. Time attack cars have front and rear or even just front so that they can plant the power through the corner with out losing grip.
Just watch ricers trying to turn corners.... Funny Understeer lol. (one car that has a standard large spoiler is the focus RS but that is to create a cleaner air flow over the top only adding slight downforce and a clever front diff turning it in)

And civic type r and such

That sounds worryingly like something PD would do. The most "flexible" livery editor I can see in a PD game is one like that in NFSU2.

Mod Nation Racers livery editor is amazing and hard to put "more than daft humour" on the cars.

Even Kazunori himself did a review of Mod Nation Racers. He keeps describing Mod Nation in GT5 interviews...

That goes for the same thing in the "we were discussing real life." Umm, no, we weren't. We were discussing GT6. GT6 is GT6. GT6 is not real life. Get your head out of the virtual world, and go race, if you want to talk about racing. 💡

Seems there was a misunderstanding somewhere, I was always talking about real world principles hence the picture of a touring car and me talking about real race cars. Sorry for any confusion, in GT5 of course adding a wing is very different because it doesn't calculate drag and aero properly.

Latest Posts

Back