Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Yes you can. Ask SMS, Project CARS developers.

Wow you are a spoon. You probably don't even know what licensing is.

If some guys part of an official company scan a track without permission, that would be piracy in a way. You need planning permission by the company that holds these tracks, otherwise if you don't, the official company scanning the track would either get a warning or be forced to get shut down.

This is if an official game makes the official track with the official logo and name. Not a modder, that's alright. And same thing with people who make replicas.

If some guys part of an official company scan a track without permission, that would be piracy in a way. You need planning permission by the company that holds these tracks, otherwise if you don't, the official company scanning the track would either get a warning or be forced to get shut down.

What track is this?

Did you say Spa? Wrong. It's "Belgian Forest Circuit."

This is if an official game makes the official track with the official logo and name. Not a modder, that's alright. And same thing with people who make replicas.
But it isn't.

-A pace note manager, where you get the option to hear the following people (This is a short list, plus they'd all have to be in their spoken languages when they do their pace notes in actual rallies) when doing a rally in GT6:

Derek Ringer
Daniel Elena
Nicky Grist
Phil Mills
Robert Reid
Jarmo Lehtinen
Edu Paula
Denis Giraudet

And the likes of them. Oh, and of course: Better sounds.

Last edited:

No I'm not and I don't appreciate the condescending tone. You seem to be the one who doesn't know what he is talking about. First of all piracy relates to copyright law, race tracks themselves are not copyrighted, only the name is. Secondly you don't need to physically go to a track and scan it to add it to your game. SMS work from thousands of reference pictures and videos to create most of their tracks.

They only have to make a few changes and real world tracks can be in games unlicensed, I can't find the exact quote from SMS but they basically said something along the lines of you can't copyright a piece of land/buildings/tarmac so they can't stop you putting them into a game so long as you don't include any official names (which can be protected by law) or sponsors etc.

So bearing in mind a track editor would never go so far as to allow you to put real world names all over the place nor would they even go far enough to have realistic looking building etc in the right place there would be no issue with people creating rough versions of real tracks.

Also if you want another example of a game that's actually released, check this track out from Supercar Challenge:

That is not the licensed track "Circuit Gilles Villeneuve", it's an unlicensed "Redwood Park" track.

Oh also important in this sort of matter, if you include modding tools in your game and a user creates something that infringes copyright than the maker of the game is not the one liable, legally.

Last edited:
^^You didn't read what I said properly. Its fine for modders and If they dont name it the same (obviously as I said) but IF you scan the track without permission, then you're in trouble.

Its fine making replicas without the same name & stuff (as I obviously said) and like Mod Nation completely fine making replicas there even with the same name. Only if its an official name or officially being scanned makes it elligal when its by an official company that gave no credit to the track.

Last edited:
You didn't read what I said in the first place which prompted your rude response. Gejabo said:

"You can't duplicate a real life track without the licence for it."

I said you can, and gave evidence you can. You decided to call me a spoon and claim I don't know what I'm talking about. Clearly I do.

Why do you keep referring to scanning the track? Who mentioned anything about scanning a track? Of course you can't just drive out onto a race track and scan it without permission but the original discussion was about a track editor and how legal that would be so what on earth has scanning got to do with anything?

Once again, I responded directly to this message:

"You can't duplicate a real life track without the licence for it."

It doesn't mention scanning, it just says duplicate. You can duplicate a track without the license for it. FACT. Your condescending post that followed was not necessary.

Just watched some videos of real life racing, and totally forgot about hydroplaning. It should definitely be something that should be added. As of right now, the only thing water on the track does is make the car more prone to slide.

Another thing I'd like to see is improved FFB. For example, when the weight transfers to the front wheels, the wheel should be a bit heavier. Also, throttle response and steering input response should be unique to all cars.

I don't know if anyone has talked about this yet, but I want the option to have brake upgraded, have the option to change the tint of your windows and have the sat nav in the car show the song you're playing. Also have clocks in all cars(right now there's only a dozen cars or so that have working ones)

Only thing I really want in GT6 is Forza quality sounds. Forza's sound may not be exactly the best, but it's sure as heck miles ahead of GT5's.

Maybe even throw in some NFS:Shift sound effects.

theotherspongey
Only thing I really want in GT6 is Forza quality sounds. Forza's sound may not be exactly the best, but it's sure as heck miles ahead of GT5's.

Maybe even throw in some NFS:Shift sound effects.

well some cars forza isn't good at. The LFA for example. Polyphony have really improved their sounds this year. I saw a video comparison between the GT86 in real life and GT5. Sounded exactly the same

I dont know if anyone said this for the used dealer maybe instead of buying one car at a time maybe you can choose a group of cars that you want to buy and the ammount will be the group of cars not just one car ammount.

I would like to see the ability to retain the search parameters when switching between premium and standard cars in the garage. I'd like to be able to search for tuned cars.*

SS Chuck
I would like to see the ability to retain the search parameters when switching between premium and standard cars in the garage. I'd like to be able to search for tuned cars.*

And view just All cars in my garage instead of standard, premium and favorites

Just watched some videos of real life racing, and totally forgot about hydroplaning. It should definitely be something that should be added. As of right now, the only thing water on the track does is make the car more prone to slide.

Another thing I'd like to see is improved FFB. For example, when the weight transfers to the front wheels, the wheel should be a bit heavier. Also, throttle response and steering input response should be unique to all cars.

Interesting point actually, I can't think of any game with rain that causes aquaplaning. Would certainly make things more realistic, if done correctly. I wouldn't want it to randomly and unnaturally fling me off the road.

Very nice point friend about aquaplaning!👍

But the weight distribution & throttle response is already with us. If you go onto the car setting then body, you'll find an option that adds weight, go onto it and on the picture of the car you'll see blue numbers showing the percentage of weight on the front and back of the car.

But nice point about aquaplaning:tup:

But the weight distribution & throttle response is already with us. If you go onto the car setting then body, you'll find an option that adds weight, go onto it and on the picture of the car you'll see blue numbers showing the percentage of weight on the front and back of the car.
What? I'm talking about how when you let go of the accelerator, the weight of the car transfers to the front wheels, so the steering should get heavier. If you'd played a game like rFactor, you'd know what I'm referring to. As for throttle response, all cars respond to throttle input as if they were race cars. For example, turbocharged cars in real life generally don't have as crisp throttle response as naturally aspirated cars, and yet throttle response is just as fast.

Hmm, too lazy to search... but has anyone mentioned sharing cars with drivers online or in co-op where you can do a virtual hot seat swap like in iRacing or rFactor.

Imagine sharing an endurance race drive with team mates all over the world

Makes me all starry-eyed and nauseous just thinking about it.

Wardez
Hmm, too lazy to search... but has anyone mentioned sharing cars with drivers online or in co-op where you can do a virtual hot seat swap like in iRacing or rFactor.

Imagine sharing an endurance race drive with team mates all over the world

Makes me all starry-eyed and nauseous just thinking about it.

Great idea that's a good one

I went to an Action day yesterday and a few ideas popped in to my head. People say about RMing cars for Rally/Racing etc but dont think anyones mentioned time attack cars. There were a few there, GTR, 2x RX7, STi all 4 flew around the track. The one below was there, engine bay was awesome and colourful)
675b479ac97c11e1abd612313810100a_6.jpg

Giving that it was a Forge show, was a bit embarrassing when there evo 9, and astra were getting beaten. Plus both cars had problems on track, race car prepped cars do so why dont we.

Plus some brits may no, maxxis and japspeed drift team but what about kyuoto drift. Got 5 r34s and a wrecked rx7 and this menacing rx8 (well 4 r34s after one got smashed up yeaterday)
IMG_9168-Edit.jpg

But little bit more stickered up yesterday but no on side, on the windows front and back so hard to see out of front, designed to go sideways after all.

And view just All cars in my garage instead of standard, premium and favorites

The best decision they've made is to have separate garage sections for Standard and Premium.
Hopefully they won't have to repeat that though, as I think all cars become Premium in GT6 and therefor losing the Premium tag.

Honestly I think GT needs a total makeover. At least when it comes to interface and gameplay. Kaz is using the same formula as in GT1 - but things have changed a lot since then. I would like the game to feel like it's MY experience - and not Kazunoris. Maybe I'm just getting old. But it feels like GTs integrity (which I really respect, don't get my wrong) can also be a drag.

Same happened with Need For Speed series. It used to be one of the best racing series out there. But then Carbon came, and the next parts were made entirely by a group of highly qualified raisins.

jtqmopar
If they have top speed/ acceleration tests, there should be a stopping test as well.

That and a handling test as well and I would like different conditions for the tests. Have it rain, snow and such

Back