Throttle issue with thrustmaster T248P (PS4)

• Thread starter cometin123
  • 7 comments
Spain
Spain
Hi, i recently found here a post disscusin an issue with full throttle on GT7 using a T300 Steering Wheel, i had the same issue using a T248P and reply to that post.
The thing is that form time to time the car doesn´t reach maximmun RPM in order to shift to higer gears (from 5th o 6th for example even steping the pedal at its maximmum) I put a ticket on Thrustmaster Support asking for some information about the problem; and i can´t belive their response.... WE RECOMMEND NOT TO PLAY ONLINE, I asked again for this response saying i can´t belive this answer, and they told me... THEY ARE NOT MADE FOR ONLINE PLAYING, THERE IS NO PROTOCOL FOR SENDING FFB INFORMATION, THROTTLE, GEAR SHIFTING OVER THE INTERNET, ETC. I can´t belive their answer.

Also don't forget to update your T248 steering wheel with the latest firmware V2.

Process (must be done on Windows 10 or 11) :
Remarks:
• The new V2 firmware (in addition to improving the product) brings the new FORCE functionality which allows you to adjust the Force Feedback from 0 to 100% directly via the steering wheel screen. It's explained in the USER MANUAL p.16: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/T248/T248PS_User_manual.pdf
• You can also view the firmware version of your steering wheel directly on the T248 screen. It's also explained in the USER MANUAL on p.16.

Firmware V2 - release notes:
- Added a new features with the MODE BUTTON (FORCE function)
The FORCE function for the T248 screen allows you to adjust in real time (= directly in race) all the racing wheel's force effects from 20% to 100%.
  • Added some features with the MODE BUTTON (AUTO in ROTATION)
  • Fixed an issue with the DISPLAY BUTTON
  • Fixed an issue with the RESET feature
  • Fixed an issue with the 2 magnetic paddle shifters (Up and Down)
  • Fixed an issue with the T3PM pedal set (when connected to the T248 base)
  • Fixed an issue with the T-LCM pedal set (when connected to the T248 base)

Also don't forget to update your T248 steering wheel with the latest firmware V2.

Process (must be done on Windows 10 or 11) :
Remarks:
• The new V2 firmware (in addition to improving the product) brings the new FORCE functionality which allows you to adjust the Force Feedback from 0 to 100% directly via the steering wheel screen. It's explained in the USER MANUAL p.16: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/T248/T248PS_User_manual.pdf
• You can also view the firmware version of your steering wheel directly on the T248 screen. It's also explained in the USER MANUAL on p.16.

Firmware V2 - release notes:
- Added a new features with the MODE BUTTON (FORCE function)
The FORCE function for the T248 screen allows you to adjust in real time (= directly in race) all the racing wheel's force effects from 20% to 100%.

• Added some features with the MODE BUTTON (AUTO in ROTATION)
  • Fixed an issue with the DISPLAY BUTTON
  • Fixed an issue with the RESET feature
  • Fixed an issue with the 2 magnetic paddle shifters (Up and Down)
  • Fixed an issue with the T3PM pedal set (when connected to the T248 base)
  • Fixed an issue with the T-LCM pedal set (when connected to the T248 base)
Thanks WildRun, the first thing i did when i had the problem was to connect the wheel to my PC and check if there was a new Firmware (i have the latest) and use the calibration tool and everything seems to be ok.
I also used an compresed air can to blow on the pedals.
As it´s not an all time issue i´ll keep playing and if happens again i´ll post it.

I also used an compresed air can to blow on the pedals.
Since no normal potentiometers are installed in the T3pm pedals, a can of compressed air should not bring any improvements or deterioration.
Your problem sounds very unusual indeed. But to be on the safe side... if you don't have enough power left in the car, by that time your vehicle will too
100% undamaged? If you e.g. previously hit a gang or another vehicle hard, then your car is damaged and it can no longer accelerate as well.

From Thrustmaster....

"The most important points:

Magnetic pedal set (patented H.E.A.R.T. technology) for incredible 12-bit precision that does not degrade over time
4 different braking pressure modes on the central pedal for optimal braking depending on the configuration and placement (desk, cockpit, stand, etc.).
100% metal pedal heads
Pressure resistance of up to 200 kg (440 lb)
Weighted base of the pedal set, 20% more stable than the Thrustmaster T3PA pedal set
Compatible with Thrustmaster T-Series (T150, T248, TMX, T300RS, TX, T-GT, T-GT II, TS-PC, TS-XW) steering wheel bases for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X |p
About the product:

The T3PM features proprietary and patented H.E.A.R.T magnet technology, giving players truly exceptional precision down to the thousandths of a second. The T3PM also features 4 brake pedal pressure modes, so any racer can play comfortably and with the same level of precision no matter what type of setup they are using (table/desk, cockpit, wheel stand pro, etc.).

With a completely smooth movement and without the loss of precision that occurs with traditional pedal sets with potentiometers, the T3PM represents a huge step forward in terms of both flexibility and responsiveness in the game."

Also worth double checking that your wheel base is in the correct mode for your pedal set.
Apparently it doesn't always save the correct default when unplugged.
Have a read: https://ts.thrustmaster.com/downloa...T_LCM/T-LCM_RJ12-pedal_set_mode_detection.pdf
'Each time you restart the racing wheel (during the self-calibration phase) or each time you plug the pedal set into the RJ12 port of the base unit:

T2PA / T3PA / T3PA-PRO / T3PM MODE
The LED will not flash 10 times.

T-LCM MODE
The LED will flash 10 times.

Last edited:
Hi, i recently found here a post disscusin an issue with full throttle on GT7 using a T300 Steering Wheel, i had the same issue using a T248P and reply to that post.
The thing is that form time to time the car doesn´t reach maximmun RPM in order to shift to higer gears (from 5th o 6th for example even steping the pedal at its maximmum) I put a ticket on Thrustmaster Support asking for some information about the problem; and i can´t belive their response.... WE RECOMMEND NOT TO PLAY ONLINE, I asked again for this response saying i can´t belive this answer, and they told me... THEY ARE NOT MADE FOR ONLINE PLAYING, THERE IS NO PROTOCOL FOR SENDING FFB INFORMATION, THROTTLE, GEAR SHIFTING OVER THE INTERNET, ETC. I can´t belive their answer.
When you say it doesn't reach maximum rpm to change gear, are you using auto gears?

what the hell? That doesn't make sense to me. FFB information should be client-side and the rest, it's just numbers that are generated by a wheel or gamepad, it should be irrelevant, and handled over the internet by the game, not by the wheel, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Since no normal potentiometers are installed in the T3pm pedals, a can of compressed air should not bring any improvements or deterioration.
Your problem sounds very unusual indeed. But to be on the safe side... if you don't have enough power left in the car, by that time your vehicle will too
100% undamaged? If you e.g. previously hit a gang or another vehicle hard, then your car is damaged and it can no longer accelerate as well.

From Thrustmaster....

"The most important points:

Magnetic pedal set (patented H.E.A.R.T. technology) for incredible 12-bit precision that does not degrade over time
4 different braking pressure modes on the central pedal for optimal braking depending on the configuration and placement (desk, cockpit, stand, etc.).
100% metal pedal heads
Pressure resistance of up to 200 kg (440 lb)
Weighted base of the pedal set, 20% more stable than the Thrustmaster T3PA pedal set
Compatible with Thrustmaster T-Series (T150, T248, TMX, T300RS, TX, T-GT, T-GT II, TS-PC, TS-XW) steering wheel bases for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X |p
About the product:

The T3PM features proprietary and patented H.E.A.R.T magnet technology, giving players truly exceptional precision down to the thousandths of a second. The T3PM also features 4 brake pedal pressure modes, so any racer can play comfortably and with the same level of precision no matter what type of setup they are using (table/desk, cockpit, wheel stand pro, etc.).

With a completely smooth movement and without the loss of precision that occurs with traditional pedal sets with potentiometers, the T3PM represents a huge step forward in terms of both flexibility and responsiveness in the game."
Thanks xMAXIx79, yes the car was at 100% undamaged, this issue happend once or twice but at that moment i didn´t realize that was a problem, i thought as you say, that maybe was a loss of power caused for damage or so.
When you say it doesn't reach maximum rpm to change gear, are you using auto gears?
no, i´m using manual

Back