Throttle Mapping

• Thread starter govna420
  • 5 comments
govna420
I know this has been addressed by some on the forum, but I haven't seen anything as of late. The issue being that the throttle mapping is not linear and makes the last ~20% of travel on the pedal an on/off switch. Wondering if this has been fixed in latest update?

I know this has been addressed by some on the forum, but I haven't seen anything as of late. The issue being that the throttle mapping is not linear and makes the last ~20% of travel on the pedal an on/off switch. Wondering if this has been fixed in latest update?

It has been changed for sure. I don't know if it's exactly linear but you get much more throttle all the way through now. I've been trying to learn how to handle it in combination with the new TC mechanics. More challenging for sure, but also more fun and intuitive. :)

It's still a switch for me in that last 20% / 0.5 mm (EDIT: DS4 analogue stick!). Maybe it's better elsewhere in the range, couldn't say.

TC is definitely improved, and the extra grip from the tyres helps smooth things out without it.

I specifically tested this and I believe the throttle mapping is the same.

What isn't the same though is the tire fall off rate. I believe they made the tire grip fall off much more linear (as it should be) which has the effect of making the throttle feel more linear when you are getting on the power on corner exit. Feels much better.

which has the effect of making the throttle feel more linear when you are getting on the power on corner exit.
That is what really bothers me about this- they appear to be making changes to the physics to fix a problem with the input interpreter.

Back