Thrustmaster T-GT II no button respond

• Thread starter nowezhang
  • 5 comments
China
China
Just bought T-GT II, I use it on Playstation 5 for GT7. The T-GT II wheel can rotate when it is connected to PS5, it seems OK, but no button on the wheel has respond. I tried many times to press PS button to activate it on PS5, but the button doesn't work. I also tried to reconnect USB, or power, still the same. Just want to ask if anyone got the same issue? This wheel is pretty new, I hope it's not a quality problem.
Thank you!

Just bought T-GT II, I use it on Playstation 5 for GT7. The T-GT II wheel can rotate when it is connected to PS5, it seems OK, but no button on the wheel has respond. I tried many times to press PS button to activate it on PS5, but the button doesn't work. I also tried to reconnect USB, or power, still the same. Just want to ask if anyone got the same issue? This wheel is pretty new, I hope it's not a quality problem.
Thank you!

Should work straight from the box. Did you update the firmware though?

Then it might be faulty, however I would recommend to try and start the ps5 with the dualsence and then connect your base to ps5 through USB cable.

Also to make sure the wheel rim buttons are working, connect your tgtII to PC open TM control panel and try pressing the buttons to check if they respond on the panel, when you press the button prompt flahses if it doesn’t then there’s an issue with the wheel itself.

Then it might be faulty, however I would recommend to try and start the ps5 with the dualsence and then connect your base to ps5 through USB cable.

Also to make sure the wheel rim buttons are working, connect your tgtII to PC open TM control panel and try pressing the buttons to check if they respond on the panel, when you press the button prompt flahses if it doesn’t then there’s an issue with the wheel itself.
I tried both two ways, still doesn't work on PS5. While in TM control panel in PC environment, I find the wheel works (have response showed in control panel), but still no buttons function, when I press them (square, circle,triangle, PS button, R2, Share, etc.), no flash at all.
I guess it is a production quality issue, and I have contacted local thurstmaster to see how they deal with it. This is my first time to use a Thurstmaster product, not so reliable, maybe I will return it and change to Fanatec series.
Thank you Pepeyoshi, very detailed and veyr patient, helped me a lot!

Last edited:
Back