Thrustmaster T150 GT Sport input lag / delay?

• Thread starter Mooch55
  • 33 comments
United States
United States
Hmmm. I’m thinking I have a problem with my new wheel, or maybe this is normal? I linked to a video showing it. Thanks for any help:

It could just be a visual thing. Do you notice a delay when turning the car when moving?

Oh I see what you mean. Like just the hand animation being delayed? Because in all honesty, I don’t play using cockpit view, and I don’t seem to notice it mid race. Just something my friends pointed out while I was showing off my rig, and was wondering if it was normal.

So I just talked to somebody I know who has the t300 wheel, and after seeing the above video he says that his is not delayed like that. Says his on screen wheel mimics his wheel instantaneously. I am running a PS4 Pro, to a 4k tv with hdmi HDCP 2.2. So I don’t see how it can be a connection problem. I’m going to plug the wheel into my PC tonight and see is it needs an update to the drivers.

You sure you're using game mode on your tv?
Hmmm. I was. But I do notice that it detects the HDR (high dynamic range) signal and switches it to an HDR mode, which might be overrriding game mode. It’s a high end Sony smart tv from last year, so I should be able to have both. I’ll experiment with it this evening.

Wow that is massive input delay, mine is almost non existing, the onboard hands lines up with my hands when turning the wheel.

Hmmm. I was. But I do notice that it detects the HDR (high dynamic range) signal and switches it to an HDR mode, which might be overrriding game mode. It’s a high end Sony smart tv from last year, so I should be able to have both. I’ll experiment with it this evening.

There must be an HDR game mode then. My LG TV did put GTS to HDR movie by default, with similar lag.

Thanks for all the input guys. Just spent hours on this and have no results to show for it. I turned off HDR in game, and also tried all my TV settings, even went into the picture MOTION settings in the TV and shut everything off. Still the same lag. Put the TV in GAME mode. Still there. Somebody mentioned the in game “controller sensitivity” option to 7, but that is only for the wireless game pad, not wheels.

I really don’t know what to do now

Could it just be an optical illusion because my wheel on the t150 is much smaller than the in game car wheel? Different diameter wheels will turn at different rates in theories, right? Lol.

Thanks for all the input guys. Just spent hours on this and have no results to show for it. I turned off HDR in game, and also tried all my TV settings, even went into the picture MOTION settings in the TV and shut everything off. Still the same lag. Put the TV in GAME mode. Still there. Somebody mentioned the in game “controller sensitivity” option to 7, but that is only for the wireless game pad, not wheels.

I really don’t know what to do now

Could it just be an optical illusion because my wheel on the t150 is much smaller than the in game car wheel? Different diameter wheels will turn at different rates in theories, right? Lol.
Nope. It's for wheels as well. Try it. It won't hurt. The setting is 7.

Nope. It's for wheels as well. Try it. It won't hurt. The setting is 7.
It specifically refers to the wireless controller in the description and when I was messing around with the kart the other day, changing it between -2 to 7 didn't seem to make any difference whatsoever to my steering wheel sensitivity.

It specifically refers to the wireless controller in the description and when I was messing around with the kart the other day, changing it between -2 to 7 didn't seem to make any difference whatsoever to my steering wheel sensitivity.
It affects the lag between the in game wheel and your wheel and has done that since it was added in the ps3 era. I know what it SAYS does. It works.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right. I’m not trying to start an argument here, but the setting changes my dual shock controller sensetuvity, but 0 change on my wheel.

Sony 4K HDR TVs are known for their higher input lag.

You are absolutely right. I’m not trying to start an argument here, but the setting changes my dual shock controller sensetuvity, but 0 change on my wheel.
I disagree it, affects wheels too, I’ve played with it for karts and notice a big difference. Sensitivity to 7 for wheels.

Is T150 having hardware option to change rotation degrees? Changing manually rotation range on wheel can make huge differences on game vs wheel linearity.
Don't use manual changes on wheel, let game control wheel turn radius.

Is T150 having hardware option to change rotation degrees? Changing manually rotation range on wheel can make huge differences on game vs wheel linearity.
Don't use manual changes on wheel, let game control wheel turn radius.

Yup, you can change on the wheel upto 5 rotation position.

I let the game do..

On my standard PS4, running on a Samsung FHD TV i don't have input lag with my T150..

My advanced wheel settings on GT are

Just hope that PD improve the FFB... Because what a difference between AC and even the 2 Pcars..

Everything is normal on the video posted by Mooch55 and it's the same for all racing wheels. It's just because the "wheel inside cockpit view" in this game not reflect the real rotation of the car and of the racing wheel. It's the same in Forza Games. Only games like ASSETTO CORSA, F1, PROJECT CARS or NASCA use the real rotation in the "wheel inside cockpit view".

Everything is normal on the video posted by Mooch55 and it's the same for all racing wheels. It's just because the "wheel inside cockpit view" in this game not reflect the real rotation of the car and of the racing wheel. It's the same in Forza Games. Only games like ASSETTO CORSA, F1, PROJECT CARS or NASCA use the real rotation in the "wheel inside cockpit view".
Excellent information. Thank you. It did almost seem like it is the “in cockpit wheel/hands” that were delayed, but not the actual steeeing of the car, so that seems to support what you say.

Yes when you have a doubt just put your car in "external view", then use the "rear view" and looks at the tires of your car when you turns your racing wheel. Then you will see that everything is normal ;)

Back