Thrustmaster T248

• Thread starter foofiemoon
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
Did not see a thread for this yet. The new wheel being released looks promising with about 70% more FFB vs the T150. Still has the mix of gear and belt driven FFB. For $400 MSRP it competes well against the G923. Definitely on my list of possible future purchases. One downside is very loud paddle shifters.

I'm considering getting this wheel too. Not sure if it's a better wheel than the G923 for games like Forza. Did you already buy it?

Last edited:
I did not. Would be nice to hear other forum members giving feedback on it though.
Right. Shame no one is talking about it. I just cant decide on the G923 or the 248 for the xbox (248 is coming out for xbox soon details will be revealed on Friday). 248 is a hybrid belt/gear system so it is smoother and has better ffb. But, the 923 has higher quality materials and people say it is more comfortable. Both cost the same in Canada.

One reason I'm leaning on getting the 923 is that it has a 2 year warranty while the 248 has a 1 year warranty.

For a stick shift logitech's is much cheaper. Or I can use something called a Drivehub to get other shifters or hand brakes to work on xbox. so that is something i can do later on.

Would be nice to hear other forum members giving feedback on it though.
Nobody's giving feedback because unfortunately we've reached a point in which if you don't have at least a thousand dollars' worth of equipment bolted on to a specifically designed rig you're not a proper sim racer but a loser, and nobody wants to be associated with losers. And nobody buys cheap wheels because then they would be losers too. Or if they do, they keep very quiet about it.

Although there's a lot of sarcasm in that, an unfortunately large portion of it is true in today's market. Having said that I'm very interested in the T248 myself - I've used the same G25 I bought in late 2007 until this day and although it still works it's naturally getting more worn every day and on top of that there's a constant fear of Sony finding a way to block the DriveHub from working. So I'd like a new wheel, one that works natively with the PS5, and one that doesn't cost more than a few months' rent. It seems that it's either the G923 or the T248 and while the Thrustmaster is ugly as sin I'm currently leaning into it as it would allow the use of the TH8A shifter with no extra DIY patents. If it feels better than the G25 that's an added bonus, I'd be absolutely fine with the same FFB quality as what the G25 has.

Did not see a thread for this yet. The new wheel being released looks promising with about 70% more FFB vs the T150. Still has the mix of gear and belt driven FFB. For $400 MSRP it competes well against the G923. Definitely on my list of possible future purchases. One downside is very loud paddle shifters.

Hey people I would love to buy one of these wheels so please let me know if any of you have or know of this wheel for sale! Thanks.

Hi people, I'm thinking about upgrading to one of these from a g920 but I don't have the budget for anything more. If you know of any listings of this wheel and pedal then please let me know! Thanks

Back