Thrustmaster T300 Gas Pedal Issue

Canada
Canada
Good Afternoon,

I have recently purchased a new Thrustmaster T300 RS about 2 weeks ago and used it 3 times with no issues while awaiting the Playseat Evolution Chair.
Today after building the Playseat Evolution and hardmounting the racing wheel and pedals to the mounts i went on to do my first race.
10 seconds into the first race the gas pedal stopped working with no acceleration at all. The brake pedal works no problem, the wheel and paddle shifters work no problem, just the gas pedal. I have tried 3 different cars and all with the same results.
I went on to reboot the PS4 3 times still the same issue
Unplugged and replugged back in the cord from the pedals to the T300 input, nothing.
Last but not least i took the T300 plug and went straight into the wall outlet instead of the powerbar with surge protection and once again nothing has changed.

Is anyone having the same issue or know what the issue could be to fix it?
I appreciate all the feedback

try to swap pot between brake and gas, see what happen, I am pretty sure its pots problem, but yeah...t300 pedals are pretty crap

try to swap pot between brake and gas, see what happen, I am pretty sure its pots problem, but yeah...t300 pedals are pretty crap

Good Afternoon, how do you mean swap pot ( position? ) between the brake and the gas? How would you do that? Sorry I am new to SIM racing.
I have a set of T3PA Racing Pedals coming on Monday as yes these are not great but never had an issue the previous times.
Thank you for responding back to me.

Sounds like you have damaged a cable or the mechanism that drives the potentiometer (pot) for the throttle. You would have to take the bottom plate off the pedal set to have a look and see if it is anything obvious. It can be quite tricky taking the plate off and putting it back on because the springs from the pedals are acting on the bottom plate. If you have a new pedal set arriving soon I wouldn't bother. It would be worth checking the connector that plugs into the wheel base is properly plugged in and that you haven't damaged the cable while mounting it.

Thank you PaulDiRoosta for the feedback. I didn't think i screwed the pedals to the metal plate too tight but tight enough that they wouldn't move around. Maybe there was a pinched cord at the top corner and not full inline and tucked in.
Looking forward to the T3PA's to get here to see how things go from there, fingers crossed they work!
Thanks again.

Thank you PaulDiRoosta for the feedback. I didn't think i screwed the pedals to the metal plate too tight but tight enough that they wouldn't move around. Maybe there was a pinched cord at the top corner and not full inline and tucked in.
Looking forward to the T3PA's to get here to see how things go from there, fingers crossed they work!
Thanks again.
T3PA is way better than standard t300rs pedals, I have tried g27 + gt eye spring and just moved recently to T3PA, both pedals are equal I think.

Back