Thrustmaster T300 wheelbase with Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals?

• Thread starter Wozza123
  • 22 comments
Wozza123
Hi,
I currently own a Thrustmaster T500 wheel base that I use with Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals for PC sim racing. It turns out the T500 is not supported in the PS5 version of GT7, however the T300 is...

Question: If I bought a T300 wheelbase could I then use that and my Fanatec pedals in GT7?

Note this is for use on a PS5 with the PS5 version of the game.

I did search for an answer to this question but couldn't find an exact one and I wanna check before spending all that money.

Thanks.

W

OK the way I understood it was that I could plug the T300 into one USB slot, the v3 pedals into the other one and that would work - apparently GT7 accepts wheels/pedals from different manufacturers, it just doesn't support the T500?

Also, if I was to buy a DriveHub is it true there is input lag associated with it?

Thanks.

So is it possible to plug Fanatec pedals into a Thrustmaster base? I've never done this, always assumed they wouldn't be compatible and plugged them both into the PC. Thanks.

OK how about DriveHub then. I've heard it can be laggy or the FFB is not good, like it's just a generic 'analogue' scheme and doesn't feel 100% like it should?

I've been using the drivehub for years on the PS4 and PS5. First using T300 with CSL Elite pedals. Currently using Logitech G Pro with CSL Elite V2. I've never experienced lag of any sort and FFB and Trueforce appear to be working perfectly.

I'm very picky about how wheels and pedals feel, and have tested a number of wheels and pedal sets over the last 6 or 7 years. I have no complaints.

I've been using the drivehub for years on the PS4 and PS5. First using T300 with CSL Elite pedals. Currently using Logitech G Pro with CSL Elite V2. I've never experienced lag of any sort and FFB and Trueforce appear to be working perfectly.

I'm very picky about how wheels and pedals feel, and have tested a number of wheels and pedal sets over the last 6 or 7 years. I have no complaints.
Thanks for your info. Looks like DriveHub is the way to go.

Another Q: I already have a spare DS4 controller, will I need to buy the HORI controller?

Last edited:
Thanks for your info. Looks like DriveHub is the way to go.

Another Q: I already have a spare DS4 controller, will I need to buy the HORI controller?

You won't need any additional controller if the plan is to use the T300 and Fanatec pedals on a PS4 or PS5.

You will need the hori controller if using a non ps4/ps5 compatible wheelbase.
OK maybe you can help me a bit further. I will be using a T500 wheel base which is not compatible with the PS5 version of GT7 but is compatible with the PS4 version of GT7 when used in a PS5.

So is my T500 compatible with PS5 or not? If it works with the PS4 version of the game then...

Sorry for all these question.

Yes with DriveHub, but you could do that with just the t500 and a hori pad, you don’t need to buy that t300.

But if you have the t300 + v3 + DriveHub, you would be all set.
@Podger , can you explain more about needing the HORI pad or not. Thanks. You seem to be the font of all knowledge when it comes to the DriveHub.

Last edited:
@Podger , can you explain more about needing the HORI pad or not. Thanks. You seem to be the font of all knowledge when it comes to the DriveHub.
Well you could put the t500 in controller port and add pedals and use the ps4 version of the game.

If you want to use the ps5 version you need a t300 or let DriveHub make the t500 look like a t300. The t300 has a chip that the t500 doesn’t have, the hori pad “donates” it’s chip to DriveHub to make the t500 work..

The t500 is a ps3 wheel, it only worked on ps4 because Sony said it could, same as the fanatec case 2.0 and Porsche bases that worked for the first traunch of games on ps4…

Well you could put the t500 in controller port and add pedals and use the ps4 version of the game.

If you want to use the ps5 version you need a t300 or let DriveHub make the t500 look like a t300. The t300 has a chip that the t500 doesn’t have, the hori pad “donates” it’s chip to DriveHub to make the t500 work..

The t500 is a ps3 wheel, it only worked on ps4 because Sony said it could, same as the fanatec case 2.0 and Porsche bases that worked for the first traunch of games on ps4…
Thanks m8, (and anyone else who commented) I've ordered all the stuff so hopefully will be up and running in a few days.

I did notice those HORI mini controllers aren't readily available so I got a second hand one on ebay instead. :)

OK so I managed to get everything together finally and got it all set up this evening. However, I have a few problems.

The drivehub seems to recognise my wheel but during gameplay I get continual loss of FFB. This is in GT7. I would say half the events I ran this evening were done with no FFB at all.

It seems to happen randomly but continually gets worse the longer I play until there is none at all.

When I start the Drive Hub I get a code on the little single-digit display that says "CSPV3-0T500" or something along those lines which I assume means it's recognising my Clubsport V3s and Thrustmaster T500 correctly.

Anyone know of any fixes? I will probably email the manufacturers tomorrow to see what they say.

Thanks.

@Oshawa-Joe No, still the same. They asked me to try a powered USB hub but it didn't make any difference. I emailed them back Friday but they haven't replied yet.

Thanks for your concern.

Back