Time for new wheel...

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all , I have a G29 , on Ps5, at the minute. I have read loads of reviews about upgrading etc.
I am now trying to choose between 2 wheels , the T300 rs GT.... OR the Tgt 2.
I'm thinking I could get the T300 GT , buy some t-lcm pedals, sell the GT pedals and my old G29 kit, making some money back.
OR would the Tgt 2 be a better set up ? Even after the pedal upgrade on the T300 GT.
Any thoughts on the route I should take ?
Regards
Mark

I would only consider the gt300/tgt-2 if they are used and you get a really good deal.
If you want to buy new wait until you have the fundings and buy yourself a dd system ._.

Hi, depending how you like your FFB, if you like it strong -> TGT 1 or 2
If you enjoy light to medium FFB, T300 do the trick

TGT is 60% more powerfull in torque than the T300, it is also more precise and dynamic (even on low FFB you get more information), I make the upgrade over a T300 lately, this is a big step foward, on the T300 some FFB effects feel canned or dirty

If you have the budget, yes consider a DD, but you will get the most of it on PC or on semi pro sim (like ACC), if you are playing GT, EA WRC, F1 games, TGT is enought, well from my POV

Last edited:
As a former T300 owner I would not recommend buying one new. Decent FFB when cool but always gets weaker when it overheats and goes into 50% power mode. It's down to the crappy $1 cooling fan and feeble sized heatsink on the motor. Now if you buy used and can get a bargain price then it's out of warranty then you could mod it to stop it overheating.

Last edited:
I own my T300 since 2015, I have never experienced any loss of FFB, I let it on auto fan mode
It's also true I dislike a heavy wheel, so in game I'm more like 40 percent of gain

I do agree, the factory cooling system is garbage, and yes you will find plenty on the used market

As a former T300 owner I would not recommend buying one new. Decent FFB when cool but always gets weaker when it overheats and goes into 50% power mode. It's down to the crappy $1 cooling fan and feeble sized heatsink on the motor. Now if you buy used and can get a bargain price then it's out of warranty then you could mod it to stop it overheating.
On a side note,
If someone who owns a t300 and doesn't yet know, you can force the fan to stay on and at 100% by holding the start and mode buttons until the led flashes two times.

Last edited:
On a side note,
If someone who owns a t300 and doesn't yet know, you can force the fan to stay on and at 100% by holding the start and mode buttons until the led flashes two times.
Yes indeed. Handy tip and can delay the onset of the reduced FFB for a while.

On a side note,
I think this is enabled by default, at least on newer firmware versions.

Unfortunately, my T300 decided to give up the ghost around 2 years after buying it. It started off by disconnecting and reconnecting in the middle of a session (easily reproduced in ACC at Mount Panorama), then by losing all FFB until reconnecting it.

I think I got around 350 hours of use from it, which isn't too terrible - I got a USB adaptor to the T3PA pedals on PC, and they're still working fine (after a dab of oil to stop some squeaking).

The T300RS GT is still a decent wheel, though not worth the ~$700 AUD retail price anymore IMO.

Last edited:
Back