Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,489 comments
That's the Secret! Does the S15 has more power?!? 😉 (Oh, I remind myself of the Top Secret S15 livery...)
It's always great to know the secret of the liveries and the power it releases. I'm having trouble with the Scirocco TT, I'm stuck at 1'31.931. I'm trying my best to enter the silver territory, but idk. I keep losing time at the U-turn and then the next two turns after that. I probably waste a second or two trying to straighten my car while turning. I guess I could ask Tidgney or watch his guide and see what gear shifts he uses for each sector. I know he's always used a MT. He also uses a D-pad.

Trashed arround at BH a bit this morning. I have to admit after sorta getting the hang od the car and track, it is quite fun (fustrating...yes...but also fun).

I can more or less get myself into the 45s now....but had to yell at myself for a protential 45 flat or even 44s lap. Totally brain farted and mess up the last 2 corners losing 6/10s or more and endes up with a mid 1:45.6s

Maybe I need  vtec...ooh wait...wrong brand...Ohh I know! NOS! I need NOS!!

1000073331.jpg

1000073332.jpg

1000073333.jpg

S14 🙈 with S15 D1GP livery. It slides a bit better.
Give it a go 🙂
Oh no! Please don't!
It's so frustrating to watch replays showing cars with "fast liveries" and "slow tyres". One would expect a "full throttle"- moment and then the car goes around a fast corner with 130 km/h 😂

A car with comfort tyres is not even worth to change color. I rent the white one.
If there would have been a "no paint"-version, I would have chosen that one 😉

Enjoy your day titans
Martin

Last edited:
Trashed arround at BH a bit this morning. I have to admit after sorta getting the hang od the car and track, it is quite fun (fustrating...yes...but also fun).

I can more or less get myself into the 45s now....but had to yell at myself for a protential 45 flat or even 44s lap. Totally brain farted and mess up the last 2 corners losing 6/10s or more and endes up with a mid 1:45.6s

View attachment 1356715
View attachment 1356716
View attachment 1356717
Speaking of nitrous, I need some to get a super boost before the finish line so I can earn another gold medal, xD. I'm semi-joking here. I'm semi-annoyed by the way this car drives, it's not as bad as the NSX that we did at the Nords, back in December 2022. But still... this is a chore. I look at the replays and it's still hard to duplicate what the better drivers do. Maybe I should eat a muffin to be evil and fast!!

@MUC76 so what are your thoughts on the Silvia K Aero (S14)?

Last edited:

View attachment 1356715
View attachment 1356716
View attachment 1356717
Loving the rear window sticker 😉

Hi,

Just managed to scrape together a 1:29:6xx at Laguna Seca. The penny dropped this afternoon... I am struggling with the brakes on my CSL V2 set. Its waayyyyy to hard for my aged and Arthritic leg, so I am going to try some springs instead of the elastic bushes.

If I can get a more progressive and "natural" feel to the brakes, I feel that all the time, money and effort to get here will have been well worth it!

Gin and tonic time!

Best regards to all here.

Regards.

Ian.

I know this isn't this sort of TT related but I wanted to share with you all.

This is Daily B QT/TT

It's through all the banter and encouragement you guys have given me that I feel ok to share this. It's completely off topic but related in a way. I'm just a little proud of myself (and yes I know all the top guys weren't/aren't racing this week)

IMG_0439.jpeg

Ok so I said this may give me the bug again...
IMG_20240519_213851.jpg

Highest I've been in a while 480th 🥳

Had to put both force feedbacks on 10 and controller sensitivity on 7, it made a huge difference.

On the last 4 laps I only finally realised how to take turn 4 (Surtees) 🤦🏻‍♂️ so there's more to give.

It's been some time now but @crome your move 😉😂

IMG_20240519_214206.jpg

Still only 10th on my friends list though 🤣

My optimal is 1:45.372 and my best lap only had one best sector.

Last edited:
Was able to put in about 20 laps the other night at Brands. I love these loose road car TTs, but they make for a crazy swing in the leaderboards when some extraterrestrial comes along and slides the track with pixel perfect precision! It took a bit to get the hang of what the S14 wanted and suss out how much it can be tossed around before it starts to slow down, but it turns out that the Silvia rewards some aggressive inputs, and we all know that it's a well balanced thing, so it's just up to us to make it work.

The right way doesn't always feel that fast here, and typically going a gear up from what feels fast is the way to go. I've gotten pretty swift in turn one, with my laps being made or broken at Surtees, Westfield, and and Sheen's corners. Keeping momentum in Surtees is tough and both Westfield and Sheen's are similar in blind approaches, early corner entries, and perfectly nailing the little bit of feint drift needed to keep speed up and the turbo spooled. Not easy to nail them all on the same lap!

I whittled it down to consistent 1:46s ending up with a fastest lap of...

Silvia TT.jpg

Happy with that for the moment, but I hope to put more time into this one later this week. A little bit of tidying up will net me 1:45s and a spot in the top 1000, which is a nice place to be!

Last edited:
Got a chance to run the Silvia at Brands Hatch a little this weekend. After reading some of the comments, I really didn't think I was going to like this TT, but boy, was I wrong. Even though I haven't had a lot of time, I really have enjoyed it so far!

Ran a short stint last night and got into Silver, and then another short one this evening to get into Gold. I know there's much more time to be had with some effort, and I'm glad there's still are still many days and another weekend left in this TT to improve. There's something a little addicting about this one.

TT_Brands_Hatch_Silvia.jpeg

A car with comfort tyres is not even worth to change color. I rent the white one.
If there would have been a "no paint"-version, I would have chosen that one 😉
What? Why? Of course it's worth it!

Latest Posts

Back