Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,886 comments
IMG_1567.jpeg

Always more time to be extracted from this TT 😎 I’ll attack this more this weekend

Last edited:
Yup.....this one is trickier than it seems it should be. Currently sitting at a 1:21.938 with a 1:21.495 optimal. Not sure how much lower the gold time will go but I'll keep trying to chip away at it later.
Yeah, it is not as simple as it looks. People may think it's easy because the car has a wide body but when you actually start the session, there's another thing coming. But it is more tolerable than the VGT time trials we had a few months back. I'll start working on it over the long weekend. Silver is my aim for this challenge.

Last edited:
Wow I hate this track. I just can't fathom how often I hit one of those sausage curbs at one turn or another. I mean, no one to blame by myself, but it's like a moth to a flame as the car just goes right to them. A foot to the left and I miss it completely; a foot to the right and I go over top of it. But, nooooooooooooo, gotta run right over one of those (*##&^$% things with the tires.

21.430. I hope that's safe, I don't want to go back. The fact the top four on the leader-boards are within .050" of each other makes me optimistic that the optimal everything is known and a huge chunk or two won't be magically found.

53924030698_c6e21bcb88_o.jpg

I don't care if my brother has beaten me by more than half a second, because I'm getting a healthy paycheck yet again. However unlike the Subaru at Eiger Nordwand, getting the gold was much easier so I went to bed 30 minutes earlier than last week. It's good to have my last-minute efforts rewarded.

I just can't fathom how often I hit one of those sausage curbs at one turn or another. I mean, no one to blame by myself, but it's like a moth to a flame as the car just goes right to them
Yep. About other other lap I hit them. Sometimes I hit 2 or even 3 per lap, just to get the trifecta!

I'm currently at a 1:21.8x about .3 off from where I need to be.. Usually I'm pretty good at TTs at LC but this one seems harder than usual. But, I also didn't spend that much time as I had an hour at the Nord' planned...

Last edited:
You struggle too with pad mate?, it seems that we have lots of work to do 😭
PD kicked us down..... 🤣
yes I struggle a lot with the DS5. Like you, I feel like I'm driving a big liner. And like you I'm at 10 and I have the feeling of being at minus -2. What I don't understand is that this doesn't seem to affect the performance of certain players on the controller, especially the aliens at the top of the rankings. I feel like I'm fighting harder than usual to achieve golden times. I have not yet tried to test the steering wheel since this last update but from what I have read it is better than before. Maybe it's better to leave the controller aside for a while. To meditate.

Had a short run at the AMG TT yesterday. And i was shocked how strong the FFB felt! I barely could move my steering wheel!

Pre 1.49 my ingame setting for FFB was 5, post 1.49 it was 9. For this TT i had to reduce it to 5 again, to be able to turn the wheel.

Anybody else had the same issue?

Had a short run at the AMG TT yesterday. And i was shocked how strong the FFB felt! I barely could move my steering wheel!

Pre 1.49 my ingame setting for FFB was 5, post 1.49 it was 9. For this TT i had to reduce it to 5 again, to be able to turn the wheel.

Anybody else had the same issue?
Yes, I've had to turn mine down too. On the wheel though. Not sure what my in game setting is.

Well, I knew this would happen. I'm going to be earning two more bronze medals. Actually those are for the average driver, apart from the aliens which always strikes gold.
I predict the next TT will be at St Croix, Road Atlanta or Grand Valley. If I'm correct, I get a free cup of coffee.

Oops, that's right, we're dealing with the beast mountain again. I totally dread it big time. I love the feel of the Clio, it's like an electric car and it is fuel efficient.

Crap, do I feel slow. Is this the first TT with a Gr.3 car with the new physics (not counting the wet RBR, of course)? I already have a harder time with these machines compared to the oversteery vehicles. 'Cause if this is any indication, I'm screwed. My biggest annoyance is that I'm getting gobs of understeer in the left hander after the corkscrew. And I don't know how I did it, but I had a great slide through turn 5 on my "fast" lap which gained me a ton of time but could not replicate. Also, naturally, I had a horrendous first sector a good two tenths off what I had been running on that lap. :indiff:
I needed somany miles allready to even gold it.... not even funny, there even was a brief moment where i though..... can i even gold it??, and that's su*ks :lol::lol:
It understeers a fair bit on those corners indeed, but still my biggest problem is trailbraking into rotation, it just doesn't work anymore what i did prior the update :lol:....... i feel screwed too

Ooooffff....this took way more effort than I thought it would. I'm having a hard time gettibg the car into this neutral steer stage consistently. Sometime I can do it....sometime I can't....have yet to figure out why.
Just that..... i just can't get into that state, and when you are getting less agressive you have the feeling all 4 tires are dragging and it slows you down haha, i did set a gold lap but it felt like absolutely NO corner was spot on..... and took me WAY more than i thought too :grumpy:
yes I struggle a lot with the DS5. Like you, I feel like I'm driving a big liner. And like you I'm at 10 and I have the feeling of being at minus -2. What I don't understand is that this doesn't seem to affect the performance of certain players on the controller, especially the aliens at the top of the rankings. I feel like I'm fighting harder than usual to achieve golden times. I have not yet tried to test the steering wheel since this last update but from what I have read it is better than before. Maybe it's better to leave the controller aside for a while. To meditate.
Glad i'm not the only one :lol: :lol: i would refer to the wheel asap mate!
My Cliow is ready to go... 🐮 🐄

View attachment 1381083
This made my day :lol::lol:.... epic!
You better get a moooove on then 🐮

Oh dear 😂
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That said, .... latest run on the Cruisship feeling Merc.....

19154f96cd729-screenshotUrl.jpg

Inspired by @Pesselles choice of livery, I bought a Chevy and set out to find a NASCAR to fit my taste (of American "beer")...
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240808102415.png

... only realized my mistake after wondering why I couldn't enter my pretty new car I bought a Ford and found an according livery...
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240815094049.png

... only to find out my second big mistake in painting the interior neon red :D
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240811233636.png

Switched to pad and bumper cam and did ok with getting to grips with the new physics. Taming the raw power wasn't necessarily the easiest, but a bit of coasting with easing into the turns plus early upshifts worked pretty good in favour of grip.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240814015656.png

For some reason I stopped 4/1000 short of gold at RBR the other night, as I hoped to get back on it sooner than I did. Started my last stint 13 minutes short of the entry period closing and didn't get into the groove quickly enough to improve my PB. Will have to settle for silver on this one.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240815084706.png

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240814223936.png

Then I snuck early onto Mount Panorama to do a few sighter laps. Having bad memories of Clio V6 snap oversteer from any game, I was pleasantly surprised by the sublime handling. The Renault has lots of grip while being easy to throw into corners and feels right at home on the tight and twisty course. Maybe this is the combo to get your mojo back @Dolph Drago @Jeje6410 @Evilmuffin and @Gomario JSP?
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240815091634.png

Last edited:
Annoying, I got knocked out of Gold at the RBR overnight by 0.05s noooo! But kept the other one no problem.

Love Mt. Panoramaaaaaa soooo much.

Took about 10 laps, so close to a 1.31, so that's my aim for the weekend. I'm pretty sure this is safe now so I can have some no pressure fun experimenting!

191553b027873-screenshotUrl.jpg

19155401ec625-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Annoying, I got knocked out of Gold at the RBR overnight by 0.05s noooo! But kept the other one no problem.

Love Mt. Panoramaaaaaa soooo much.

Took about 10 laps, so close to a 1.31, so that's my aim for the weekend. I'm pretty sure this is safe now so I can have some no pressure fun experimenting!

View attachment 1381113

View attachment 1381116
I've also been kicked in silver zone at RBR... :nervous:

Awesome score at Bathurst, by the way :cheers: !!

Back