Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,890 comments
Tell me you don't know the track/car combo without telling me...
1000028741.jpg

Tell me you learned track and car at least a bit without telling me...
1000028742.jpg

oh ? really ? I did 4 laps only by pure chance so I did not done more than that, but there is an electric boost that goes away after a few laps ? good to know, I'd probably have not figured it myself and would have been wondering why I was unable to make better laps after the lap 5.

Technically yes, but what I was doing is if I messed up a lap I would just drag the brakes down any of the straights to recharge the battery for the next lap. You can stretch your stints out a bit longer that way.

Assuming you're not running consecutive clean fast laps :D

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

Has anyone that has done a NOPE on the Genesis VGT trial actually tried it? ITS FUN!!!

The car is quite nice, once you get it turned in it’s quite balanced and gets through the corners nicely on partial throttle, it sounds the absolute nuts. I have no idea what RPM to shift at but I don’t really care, the visibility is good, it looks good.. it’s challenging but fun I like it! Some of the VGTs are great, don’t knock em till you’ve tried em!

The track eh, St Croix has some good combos, don’t think I’ve driven this one before. It’s quite fun but quite a few corners are blind and look very very similar so remembering braking points is a challenge!!

On the whole. I love it. No surprised there given my recent history 😇😂

Clark Kent Dc GIF by Adult Swim

A choke on the final corner cost me a world top 10 time when I set the lap and leapfrogging @djolliea. Oh well, that’s why he’s always faster than me. Got to be on your game all the time at the pointy end!

IMG_9245.jpeg
IMG_9244.jpeg

Back in the GTR, took me a good long while to get used to it after a weekly race and the VGT… it’s so much fun when you get on it, just like a GTR in real life 😉😉😉

IMG_9252.jpeg
IMG_9253.jpeg

Plenty of time on the table but a clean lap comes every once in a while thanks to those tyres getting overwhelmed just a little too easily

Away for the weekend now so hopefully a couple more attempts at NBR sprint before it finishes 🙂

(Love you all)

Last edited:
Has anyone that has done a NOPE on the Genesis VGT trial actually tried it? ITS FUN!!
I tried it at 8:01 this morning.

I can get the appeal but when we have an E36 M3 in the game that doesn't get a TT.

My enjoyment of the TT is not in mastering the thing they give us but the things I can get emotionally connected to on one level or another.

Vision cars on one of the most awkward fake circuits just has no immersion for me, couple that with a very long lap and fine margins when you want pace. It becomes a disconnected chore rather than fun like "how fast can I take the bus stop in a 90s classic V6" to how do I not run wide with a 10000000hp car that doesn't actually exist and when it turned a wheel it did not do that in anger.

Horses for courses and challenges are challenges and that is cool, just not my thing and that is ok

I tried it at 8:01 this morning.

I can get the appeal but when we have an E36 M3 in the game that doesn't get a TT.

My enjoyment of the TT is not in mastering the thing they give us but the things I can get emotionally connected to on one level or another.

Vision cars on one of the most awkward fake circuits just has no immersion for me, couple that with a very long lap and fine margins when you want pace. It becomes a disconnected chore rather than fun like "how fast can I take the bus stop in a 90s classic V6" to how do I not run wide with a 10000000hp car that doesn't actually exist and when it turned a wheel it did not do that in anger.

Horses for courses and challenges are challenges and that is cool, just not my thing and that is ok
I hear what you are saying! I get a little frustrated by some of the choices made and sometimes feel a little unimaginative. But that’s the beauty of time trials. All I’m saying is that we should always give them a chance and not write a combo off straight away as usually there joy to be had and skills to be learnt ☺️

I hear what you are saying! I get a little frustrated by some of the choices made and sometimes feel a little unimaginative. But that’s the beauty of time trials. All I’m saying is that we should always give them a chance and not write a combo off straight away as usually there joy to be had and skills to be learnt ☺️
100% agree.

2 things, my opinion is purely mine so peeps did peeps not listen to Glen.

I love the TT format, don't always agree but that's cool I can opt out and focus on daily TT and races so it's all good.

I personally don't feel the need to master that machine on this combo is all.

Latest Posts

Back