Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,521 comments
I have trail mountain bronze time but no reward is that a bug
It's almost certainly the case that you've misread or misunderstood something.

Can you provide screenshots of your issue?

After an hour of trying non stop I can't get under 1,29:656 🤣, but if you get something for collecting the most penalties, I'm winning this 🤣, I'm curious how a 1,27 xxxx lap looks like, and were that second comes from! 😁, trail mountain I found rather easy to gold, but this........ 😕

Quick couple of laps, snuck into silver by 3 hundredths. Think I could actually get the current gold time with a dedicated session (would be my first), but then the aliens will put it out of reach again.

snc
Whats prediction of gold time requirement at the end of this tt, 1.28.9xx enough ?
Ok, so this is not a fixed goal time?, I did the TT before with 1 or 2 days to spare so I didn't noticed that 😅, I was sooo happy with my time, but it's not going to stand long I asume then 🤣

Well, got my 2 million and a first time top 100 on these time trials.

20220804_125759.jpg

The new one at RBR with the R30 looks fun, the car has some turbo lag so the gear you use is going to be very important, almost as much as it was with the Escudo. The car has very good handling. So I figure this is going to be another gold time where a lot of people will be capable of getting it.
Did some practice laps before attempting for real on the weekend and I did a 28.5, with plenty to improve. I think the top times are going to be between 1:25.7-1:25.9. It seems like turn 1 and the final corner are the ones to gain the most time.... .... but at the same time they are also tricky because of the very scrutinized track limits... It's like they want to mirror F1 stewarding here lol.

Last edited:
Well, got my 2 million and a first time top 100 on these time trials.

View attachment 1180579

The new one at RBR with the R30 looks fun, the car has some turbo lag so the gear you use is going to be very important, almost as much as it was with the Escudo. The car has very good handling. So I figure this is going to be another gold time where a lot of people will be capable of getting it.
Did some practice laps before attempting for real on the weekend and I did a 28.5, with plenty to improve. I think the top times are going to be between 1:25.7-1:25.9. It seems like turn 1 and the final corner are the ones to gain the most time.... .... but at the same time they are also tricky because of the very scrutinized track limits... It's like they want to mirror F1 stewarding here lol.
Nah, I don't think 1:25.x is possible, track is too short to gain almost seconds below p1 and already some esports level driver tried this tt.

snc
Nah, I don't think 1:25.x is possible, track is too short to gain almost seconds below p1 and already some esports level driver tried this tt.
Yep, looks like some people, some top players as well, are settling for 26.7... 7 tenths to get below 25. Yeah, I won't say its impossible but it looks very unlikely.

In that case, I'm definitely aiming for a sub 27.5.

Last edited:
Just had a go at the new one, this car is kind of fun. After a few laps I got it down to a 28.7, and ready to leave it there, but @Nuschel01 encouraged me to have another go at it, and I ended up cashing in a 27.8 in the end. Good enough for a short visit inside the top 200. :)

Thanks for posting the lap. Glad to see I'm on the right track as far as gear selection is concerned (now I need to work on car control).

With these TTs, good enough is good enough. Otherwise, I'd go mad. Regardless, did a 28.5 today. I'll keep an eye on it to see how well it holds. I have a feeling, this combo will be a popular one so I think a lot of people will be doing it.

I had almost the exact same experience just now, 1:29.7
Improved to a 1:28.6 today, biggest leap came from moving over the curb to the left approaching T1 then using 2nd gear to improve turn-in. Got me down about half a second.

Plenty left in it, the amount of times I've fumbled a faster lap through the last corner is insane😭

Last edited:
Improved to a 1:28.6 today, biggest leap came from moving over the curb to the left approaching T1 then using 2nd gear to improve turn-in. Got me down about half a second.

Plenty left in it, the amount of times I've fumbled a faster lap through the last corner is insane😭
I feel your pain - had 'that lap' in the bag, everything hooked up, was a half second faster than my prev best, and copped a track limits penalty on that corner. Slightly later apex next lap though and I think gold is in the bag with a similar time!

Found third gear was the fastest for turn 1 tho, can get on the throttle super early and let the turbo lag manage the car balance.

Found third gear was the fastest for turn 1 tho, can get on the throttle super early and let the turbo lag manage the car balance.
Yeah definitely powering through and out in 3rd, but during braking and initial turn in, going down to 2nd really helped

Oh boy is this a frustrating one with track limits! I feel like I'm following one of the top ghosts exactly, but I'm picking up track limit penalties in all sorts of creative places! Best I managed last night was a 28.6. I'd like to get into the 27s, people doing 26s is wild.

Last edited:
Was curious about the participation numbers / success rate of these events:
Code:
 #          Track               Car  Total    Gold  Silver  Bronze  Other    Gold% Silver% Bronze% Other%
 1         Alsace     Suzuki Escudo  81474    8165   12431   31856  29022    10.0%   15.3%   39.1%  35.6%
 2           Fuji      Dallara SF19  95257    3986   13864   46151  31256     4.2%   14.6%   48.4%  32.8%
 3 Trial Mountain       Honda Civic  88504   12426   27178   40756   8144    14.0%   30.7%   46.0%   9.2%
 4  Red Bull Ring Nissan Skyline SS  32061    3562   10726   16094   1679    11.1%   33.5%   50.2%   5.2%

Quite good participation I'd say.
Also, the numbers completely match the difficulty IMO.
Even if still in progress, from the look of it the current one seems to be on the easy side. Will have a shot at it this WE hopefully.

And the detailed distribution below (0.1% per bucket)
From the spikes - as expected people are targeting one of the medals, then mostly stops there.

1659690046191.png

Last edited:
Really look forward to these Time Trials. Just shows a decent credit reward will get good participation numbers. The only one I’ve not Golded was the Super Formula at Fuji. That was one combo that really needed a wheel to get the very best out of the car.

Really look forward to these Time Trials. Just shows a decent credit reward will get good participation numbers. The only one I’ve not Golded was the Super Formula at Fuji. That was one combo that really needed a wheel to get the very best out of the car.
Same. I was 0.2 from gold on the Fuji one, and tried quite hard to make it - but I just couldn't improve more.
Would really have liked trying with a wheel
Not saying I would have succeeded however - that car is really fast and that last sector is quite tricky.

Last edited:
Awful track, fantastic car.
Sitting at 28.181 currently, my optimum is a 27.954 but getting that together is impossible :D
I was chasing your time down last night but gave up lol. My optimum was your actual time. Think I'm on a 1.28.5xx ish. So easy to over drive chasing tenths and then lose it all on exit, or bottle the last 2 corners lol.

I was chasing your time down last night but gave up lol. My optimum was your actual time. Think I'm on a 1.28.5xx ish. So easy to over drive chasing tenths and then lose it all on exit, or bottle the last 2 corners lol.
My last turn was horrendous, I understeered around 50km past the apex :lol:

My last turn was horrendous, I understeered around 50km past the apex :lol:
I got so frustrated with my own lack of talent and driving past apexes that I chucked the towel in. I'll be torturing myself some more tonight with it no doubt.... You dare go faster lol!!!

Well done @Pigems on that sub 1.28 lap.

Back