Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,712 comments
Evening! Big session today, mainly trying to tick off the Super Formula Menus to appease Sir @Saargasm but also get used to this TT. I’m not gonna lie, I really like it! I love Brands Hatch anyway, lots of fast flowing challenging corners, very dynamic. Not a good place for a Korean luxury saloon… or is it?

I change my mind, I still recommend Countersteering Assist Strong for anyone getting used to the car and track but it IS possible to drive this car nicely even if you have hams of fist like me or you were born outside the Arctic Circle.. It gets unsettled VERY easily under braking so I imagine it’s a nightmare on a pad but on a wheel… very satisfying

IMG_0955.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

Still behind every Finn I know who has attempted this.. but very pleased so far 🥸
IMG_0958.jpeg

Last edited:
9 more laps at WC with a slight improvement (and a big opportunity missed as I hit Barry-R in the last turn... surely a 1:56.xxx lap)

Optimal is in the middle of 56's better than before and a few laps were 57's instead of the usual 58's-59's-00's and one 57 lost among them.

View attachment 1267233

Lap count 57.
Your sector 1 has got a lot faster @Lomic 👍

Brands Hatch TT is huge fun. After first Half of the very first lap and huge smile on my face. 🤩I can also think same thing what @Dan_Tes is saying that with pad (analog stick I guess) it might be challenging. I am however on Dualsense motion sensor steering and it feels like I am in some arcade hall at some amusement park having huge fun with Sega Rally. Amazing 🤩
Happy with time for first 45 minutes, will enjoy chasing milliseconds for two weeks now.
Good luck ninjas, and enjoy the challenge!
188e4bb125117-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

Time and money/good kit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the emirates start getting quite serious in to esports/sim racing in general. While it's a polar society wealth wise the other half have a lot of money, ALOT of nice cars and the time to learn them in real life and on a console.

Super macro hat on, it's a region that is highly trying to diversify from oil, tourism was the first part of that but I'd imagine that trickles down to as many different sectors/industries/niches at some point and now we are seeing that in esports/sim racing. Give it 5 years maybe a little less and they will probably have one of the very top competing teams.
And that money buys the best coaches available.
That's the first thing I would do if I was loaded and was looking to get to the top of the ladder.

Back at WG for my second session on the TT.

This week will be all about the Glen as I attempt to improve my TT lap as well as practice for the Gr.3 Manufacturer race this Wednesday.

Somehow, my old time (1:56.292) from the first day was holding gold, but only barely.

I can't remember how many laps I did after a couple restarts, somewhere between 15-20. Anyway, managed to find another 0.5 seconds.

188e4cd064987-screenshotUrl.jpg

188e4cd4cd172-screenshotUrl.jpg

The Cayman seems ok, I haven't looked at the leaderboard to see what the quickest time with one is. I might try out the meta eventually.

Looking forward to getting a wheel at some point.

I was about 4.3% off WR times with a ps4 controller as of last night (using the Silvia at the Glen). Pretty happy about that. Probably should get back to shifting manually too.

Last edited:
Love Brands Hatch and I love the weight transfer on this car, with its soft front suspension. Its an easy car to throw about. Great combination. I usually have to work like crazy to get anywhere near Gold, but managed a low 1:41 in my first session.
It's a combo that isnt so much driving but floating it around to get a decent time.

It's carrying the speed when it's sliding and really showing the brake pedal some delicate straight line love rather than punching braking limits.

It's like the Alfa GTA sort of

Last edited:
I guess I figured out how to drive this thing.

Did a 1:40.814...I can still improve the 1st and the last sector a bit but I think I reached the max in the middle sector (I barely lost any ground to the world record ghost...maybe a tenth or two each sector).

If all the stars line up correctly, I can probably do a 1:40.4 or 3.

188e5242ced61-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
New leader again on Brands Hatch (D. Chafe from the Netherlands), the gold time is now 1:42.199... I think we will see 1:41:xxx very soon... 😢 I need to find a whole second somewhere...
Already, ....my 1:42.203 didn't last very long but i suppose i have hope, my optimal was 1:41.1xx ..hate the hatch..

Edit: back in, 1:41.871.....should hold for a couple of days :cheers:
:yuck:

Last edited:
So far the best way (for me) to drive the G70 is to brake and let the car rotate while keeping the steering straight. Once the car starts rotating...punch the throttle and counter steer if needed to keep the car from rotating too much.

Last edited:
Another fun combo. Brands Hatch has such a nice flow and is definitely one of my favorite tracks. The key is to take advantage of the G70's weight to carry speed through corners. You also need to short shift (to some extent).

Made it to top 5 for the first time ever. 1:39.588 (opt. 1:39.4xx)

Screenshot_2023-06-23-01-27-06-10_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Last edited:
Time and money/good kit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the emirates start getting quite serious in to esports/sim racing in general. While it's a polar society wealth wise the other half have a lot of money, ALOT of nice cars and the time to learn them in real life and on a console.

Super macro hat on, it's a region that is highly trying to diversify from oil, tourism was the first part of that but I'd imagine that trickles down to as many different sectors/industries/niches at some point and now we are seeing that in esports/sim racing. Give it 5 years maybe a little less and they will probably have one of the very top competing teams.

Motorsport here is very niche. And even then, the region is much more interested in drifting which ties to our interest in street drifting. We also have huge interest in drag racing and desert climbs (also tied to our huge interest in SUVs and roaming the desert and camping). That's basically it when it comes to motorsport. There's little to no interest in traditional motorsport racing. Throwing money at it is not going to change that. Those Saudis are basically talented and one of them is part of the Jeddah Racing team which is one of the best teams in the region. Basically what i'm saying is that they're aliens.

Last edited:
Another fun combo. Brands Hatch has such a nice flow and is definitely one of my favorite tracks. The key is to take advantage of the G70's weight to carry speed through corners. You also need to short shift (to some extent).

It's only day 1 but made it to top 5 for the first time ever. 1:39.588 (opt. 1:39.4xx)

View attachment 1267260

How did you keep that so smooth?? My lap certainly was not! Using a DS4 probably doesn't help. :P Somehow I put down a deceptively quick lap. I can guarantee I won't get any higher on the leaderboard than where I currently sit. It's all downhill from here. :lol:

Almost within 1%, but we know that top time is just going to drop and drop thanks to the aliens.
IMG_2103.jpg

The lap kinda came out of nowhere. My previous attempts weren't even in the same ballpark. Granted a few of them were only 1 or 2 laps followed by a restart, but each counts as a session.
IMG_2102.jpg

Look, I'm ahead of a Finn! Surely hell is freezing over! Oh, wait. It's only the first day. Never mind. We know that'll change.
IMG_2104.jpg

Sloppy road cars... Brands Hatch.. oh yes. My specialty.
Haven't played GT7 for a while so expected to be rusty but thankfully was fine jumping back in. Knocked gold off pretty quickly, then slowly started chipping my time down across a few laps. 40.8.. 40.5.. 40.2... 40.0..
And I remained stuck at 1:40.0 for the rest of the day. Knocked it down from a 1:40.096, to a :090, to a :020, to a :010. The elusive 1 second barrier kept me back. It happens to me every time, I will sit at a .001 for longer than any other laptime I can set.

But finally after about a 7/8 hour break I managed to knock through it, setting a 1:39.880 to put me 15th overall. Not too shabby!

I absolutely love road cars like these. The things I would do to get them more often in (competitive) Sport races. Unranked Race A just doesn't cut the mustard.
1687480680814.png

I've not spent much time at Brand's Hatch. It's pretty fun to flog this pig around it. It's a lot like driving on roads where I live to be quite honest. Not great, not terrible. Still solidly in the silver for WG as well. Looks like rain for days starting tomorrow so I'll likely have some time to grind.

Ok, so first thouights about my carbon performance packed heavy ...thing.... :lol: :lol:
What a weird car to drive!, it has nothing to do with racing let's be honest, but it sure is a lot of fun :lol:
My nokia setup wasn't that bad yesterday evening with a 41.6 i believe but this morning on the tv i must say it was a lot easier.
BH is not my strongest track, never was but now that will change, that's what i like about this tt's, those tracks grow on you!

And now we have a different perspective of it, almost the whole circuit seen thru the side window :lol:

The last few laps before i had to go to work i kind of began to understand the Supatroupa throw around faint weightshifting entry of the G70 and ran into the 40's with a 40.958 with kind of a terrible lap :lol::lol:

This is going to be a fun pain in the a*s to keep up with you guys, :banghead::irked::D:D:D

20230623_064440.jpg

It took a number of laps but I was able to get a 1:42.098 on the BH TT. That's currently good for 2.92%. I know that won't last and I will have to work this more but I was well pleased with getting a gold on the first day with my driving being a bit "off" due to a head cold.

It's a tricky car to drive at first but is tamable with counter steer on high. It then becomes quite chuckable and fun to drive. I posted my fastest lap to showcase so if you are bronze or silver and chasing an alien is not your thing (as they leave you in the dust - hey can say dust for BH, how about mud LOL) my time may be a more achievable target to chase. Search for the tag "normsk".

Last edited:
Whats up with these Arabs getting all the records lately ?
It seems that if it's a car with low downforce, they win.

I wonder is it from driving similar cars in real life? I have a much easier time getting gold in road cars, find it hard in a race car as I have never driven one.

Just did 5 laps at WG and had an optimal time of 1.57.451 but so far only logged at 1.58.2xx as I need to lock down braking points and acceleration markers for those long sweeping corners where you can't see the exit, particularly the three in a row after the chicane on the long back straight:

-Outer Loop going into the boot - could gain time if I got on the power earlier
-The Chute, I either over-chute it or go so slow I'm down into 2nd gear and far over to the left. Not helped due to inconsistency leaving previous corner - so I approach either fast and on the left or slower and on the right. Think I should work on nailing Outer Loop first.

Have been enjoying getting a good line through the Toe, braking deep between the last 2 ad signs on the left, turning in hard and powering out as the corner opens up. Braking too early for hairpins is a special talent of mine, in fact over caution in general. And going off. But I reckon I have a silver for sure on this!

Back