Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,700 comments
I'm in a conundrum! I have about 3-cars left to test on the glen and tomorrow morning will be my last chance to put in times before it ends. However, over the previous 2-days, I've dropped from 17/29 to 20/29 on my leaderboard (damn aliens!) and maybe even lower now. I've known, based on the optimals I've achieved with certain cars, that I could shave 0.2-0.4 over my current PB if I stuck with one. If I improved the max of 0.4 I would probably jump up 6-7 spots... but I wouldn't get to finish testing all the cars! Now I hate the fact that I decided to find a livery and take a pic of each car lol because that def ate up a lot of time lol
Sorry? Lol.
I've been so limited for time (Even missed a few TT's completely) that even when I did have a chance I've just been grabbing Gold in a few laps and shutting it off.
FINALLY had some time again and WG is such a great flowing track! (Except the bus stop of course. Bus stops should not exist since chicanes accomplish the same thing without completely looking like an afterthought) Plus the Gr4 cars can be pretty fun so rather than put time into 1, I put 5-10 laps into at least 6 different cars (All in the 55's and all with their own liveries of course!), with my fastest being in the Huracan (just over a second off the fastest Huracan time)...........
Then last night finally gave in and tried the meta for 10 laps. Man does that thing drive WAY different than so many of the others, but once you realize what it wants it just carves! Dipped into the high 54's with optimals of low 54's, but couldn't put a clean lap together and even did a 54.9 with a .5 second penalty! But am out of time for this one so 1:54.852 is where it will finish.

I didn't know what to expect with the Genesis and have always hated BH's first turn. Even did a marine sponsored livery on the boat........but I have to admit it's pretty fun. Reminds me of overdriving everything I touched as a kid (Ok, maybe I still do it now) in the rain and snow. Lol.

Last edited:
Finally into the 1:53's!! I still made minor errors here and there. I could have gassed it slightly sooner exiting in turn 1. I also thought for sure I was going to get penalized in the Bus Stop, and the anticipation of the time penalty popping up on the screen meant I didn't have full concentration in the carousel and didn't carry as much speed as I could have through it. While I wasn't bad in the Toe, I've been through there better. Lastly, I lifted for a split second in the final corner after my initial acceleration to avoid making what would have likely been contact with the wall. As usual, I started to feel the nerves when I saw the 1:10.0 split at the end of the 2nd sector. I had been in that territory multiple times recently, but would always mess sector 3, 4, or both. Luckily, I didn't stuff it up this time. :crazy:

Unless some super alien of an alien comes in at the last second, I will be finish within 1% of the leader. Woohoo!
IMG_2111.jpg

Despite dropping from 1:54.1 a few days ago to my best tonight, I only picked up 1 spot on the friends list. Dang 👽s! :lol: I estimate I lost roughly .010 in the final turn, meaning I would have have nipped one of the Finns. Alas...
IMG_2112.jpg

Last edited:
How??? :confused::confused::confused:🤣🤣🤣

I somehow dragged this brick into the 54s :cheers:

Also was having fun driving the VW and did a 54.7

Both could've been faster as I was a tenth or 2 slower in the first sector compare to normal lap.

I also drag the Veyron to 54.8 :D No video tho...forgot to save reply :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Finally into the 1:53's!! I still made minor errors here and there. I could have gassed it slightly sooner exiting in turn 1. I also thought for sure I was going to get penalized in the Bus Stop, and the anticipation of the time penalty popping up on the screen meant I didn't have full concentration in the carousel and didn't carry as much speed as I could have through it. While I wasn't bad in the Toe, I've been through there better. Lastly, I lifted for a split second in the final corner after my initial acceleration to avoid making what would have likely been contact with the wall. As usual, I started to feel the nerves when I saw the 1:10.0 split at the end of the 2nd sector. I had been in that territory multiple times recently, but would always mess sector 3, 4, or both. Luckily, I didn't stuff it up this time. :crazy:

Unless some super alien of an alien comes in at the last second, I will be finish within 1% of the leader. Woohoo!
View attachment 1268676

Despite dropping from 1:54.1 a few days ago to my best tonight, I only picked up 1 spot on the friends list. Dang 👽s! :lol: I estimate I lost roughly .010 in the final turn, meaning I would have have nipped one of the Finns. Alas...
View attachment 1268677

I dunno, that seems like a pretty significant change in your friend list to me. :odd:

ooohhh... come oooonnnnn!!........ :banghead: :lol::lol::lol:
This track........ i love it but i hate it at the same time :lol:
It's like each day i try there is a different corner that hunts me, yesterday i was on fire on Westfield and hideous on the Paddock Hill bend slide and today it was the complete opposite :lol:

#almost there!

@Lomic :bowdown: perservering is key, just awesom from how far you came to this result!

20230628_064243.jpg

20230628_064345.jpg

Last edited:
My WG time still holds as gold, so I decided to hop on to the BH event in the G70 (after having to buy a new one because the only one I have is completely max tuned - including wide body) and managed to break into gold after 44km. Perfect time to wrap up for the night with a gold time and a 5-star ticket (which wasn't exactly very rewarding). But I can see myself coming back to BH for more laps. It's one of my 3 favourite circuits and I'm actually very fond of the Genesis G70, so for me this is a really fun combo.

Guess it was a good advice, not nailing it yet but it allowed me to gain some tenths.

Saw that there was only one day left, it should end thursday morning I guess, so not much time left to get gold.

Did 13 laps tonight, using my best lap so far as ghost, with 0.5s advance, so if I beat it or finish close I improve.
First lap was clean, but second one ended up meeting Barry R, restarted from scratch then did 11 laps, with lots of 57s and one occasionnal 56 here or there (some 58s too).

And finally it came from nowhere on a lap full of missed apexes (but a not so bad first turn which gave me tenths I managed to not lose all before the finish line), I got gold !!! By a very thin margin that probably won't hold...

winning didier drogba GIF

View attachment 1268568

I am appaled by the number of apexes missed but...

I'll try to improve tomorrow to solidify it, I want my 2M Cr. !!

View attachment 1268569

Lap count 105 😅

How cool is that! Congratulations! Well deserved after all that hard work! 🥳 😃

Well as I continue my strict policy of non-rental cars, I guess this TT might be an issue. I’m sure it will be worth saving up for but thanks a lot PD
1/2 hour a day can give you 825k on the Le Mans 700pp race, so I don't really see the problem, some racing is needed to earn credits to buy cars in this game. 😜

Edit.
That's 24,750,00 credits in a 30 days month.

Last edited:
1/2 hour a day can give you 825k on the Le Mans 700pp race, so I don't really see the problem, some racing is needed to earn credits to buy cars in this game. 😜
Problem for me would be that I'm currently having to save all my limited funds towards a 20 million CR Merc (before it disappears again for months), can't spare any towards this Aston. I don't mind rentals though.

2 million coming tomorrow unless the aliens find 3 tenths last minute. Need a bit more of a buffer for the other 2 million from Brands Hatch next week - only have about a tenth in hand at the moment.

Are the times at WG still holding? I currently have gold by a small margin and really haven't had any more time to try to improve. I'm hoping it won't dip below 1.56!
Gold threshold is still steady at a 56.3 - I'm sitting on a 56 flat so may have to go again this evening after my GTWS races, otherwise it will be a restless night.

This is my post before the post on all the Gr.4 cars that I tested - I couldn’t look past being 21st out of 28 friends and so this morning I went for new PB and managed a -0.286 improvement! Moving me up 5-spots to 16th. Was on the cusp of maybe jumping 2-more spots but decided to finish testing the cars.
IMG_6689.jpeg

IMG_6690.jpeg
IMG_6691.jpeg

What happened to sector 4? Weren't you mostly doing 20.7 or 8 and sometime hit 20.3/4 ?
No idea 👐 but I think my best in the sector 4 is 20.666 but on the session of this morning I had only one in the 20s (in my best lap).

Best optimal is 1:55.917, still 0.416 below my best lap time so there's still room for improvement, need more consistency.

All time optimal should be around 1:55.737 (taking all best inters from various sessions)

Last edited:
This is my post before the post on all the Gr.4 cars that I tested - I couldn’t look past being 21st out of 28 friends and so this morning I went for new PB and managed a -0.286 improvement! Moving me up 5-spots to 16th. Was on the cusp of maybe jumping 2-more spots but decided to finish testing the cars.
View attachment 1268815
View attachment 1268816View attachment 1268817

Leaving me behind there in 26th! By comparison I think I was 18th on my friends list last time I looked. I've only tried the S15 for this one, not tried any other cars - the 458 gives me nightmares.

Back