Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 27,974 comments
I improved a tenth today. (Don't forget to hit the push button).

REDBULLGT&.png

1'19'509 is better than yesterday but it's not the gold medal yet. And then it is not easy to use the DRS button when it is located on the gear changes (right joystick). To see if by changing its place it will be better or not. 🤔🤔🤔
View attachment 1269370
Congrats, you have a nice silver for now and you're getting close to the yellow medal!

Spent +/- 30 mns on Red Bull Ring with the Valkyrie and I've finally improved my PB at 1:20.804 (bronze).
I could probably manage to get the silver but I have zero hope for the yellow medal.
Still 12 days remaining, if the silver stays in the 20's, we should be able to secure silver, gold on the other hand is out of the question for me. Use the overtake button as much as possible and when the green stuff is drained (😂) either drive 5-6 laps to refill it or restart.
It’s the 2nd day! 12-days to string together your perfect lap, you can do this!
Agree, silver is not far away, as long it stays in the 20's.

@Pesselles "As the great philosopher Harry Callahan said "Wise is the man who knows his limits" :lol:"

True, that's why gold is out of the question for me at least, but you are not that far away from silver.

Last edited:
I‘ve been trying a few time-trails myself, but I can only get bronze medals. Haha. Once, I was close to silver.

I actually have no active friends playing GT7. So, anyone who want to add me - thorgrimm, please do.
Well, you joined the right thread my friend. This is where you learn you’re not very good, but then following the suggestions and comradely you start to actually learn how to drive properly. I had all bronze and one silver before joining this community during the last days of the Daytona NSX TT. Now I’m sitting with 7-Golds, 8-silvers and 6-bronze with the BH sitting in gold and about 0.8-seconds off gold in the Valkyrie.

I still suck and it takes me far more laps than most, but I suck wayyyy less than a few months ago. The players in here are great and will help you improve if you ask

Excellent lap. I wonder how much time wheel spin actually loses in this car. I know it will be more than nil, but in the only stint I had yesterday the deltas between spin and no spin were not massive.
Well, its like dancing on the limit with the wheelspin. :lol:
If you see red in the tyres, its game over. So try to limit spin as much as you can.

Be very cautious with traction in T2, tyres will over heat, and even when the red goes away, there's limited grip available for the next 2 turns. Well if you mess up the exit of T2, its better to just restart the lap anyway.

I think there's a flat 17 in me, had to back out of the "boost" in few corners to control the wheel spin.

Finally discovered the overtake button, and with that I managed to get down to 1.19.5! Annoyingly I lost a couple of tenths coming out of turn 3 on my hot lap, was a bit too eager to get on the throttle and had wheelspin for half of that straight which cost me, so I think I might possibly be able to wrestle a sub 1.19 out of the car given enough practice.

I’ve seen a few people mention using TC1 as opposed to TC0 for this car - for those of us who treat the throttle as a binary thing (on or off!), has this helped people save a few tenths?

Finally discovered the overtake button, and with that I managed to get down to 1.19.5! Annoyingly I lost a couple of tenths coming out of turn 3 on my hot lap, was a bit too eager to get on the throttle and had wheelspin for half of that straight which cost me, so I think I might possibly be able to wrestle a sub 1.19 out of the car given enough practice.

I’ve seen a few people mention using TC1 as opposed to TC0 for this car - for those of us who treat the throttle as a binary thing (on or off!), has this helped people save a few tenths?
It helped me big time, I'm sure - first one Ive used TC on since SF23

Well, its like dancing on the limit with the wheelspin. :lol:
If you see red in the tyres, its game over. So try to limit spin as much as you can.

Be very cautious with traction in T2, tyres will over heat, and even when the red goes away, there's limited grip available for the next 2 turns. Well if you mess up the exit of T2, its better to just restart the lap anyway.

I think there's a flat 17 in me, had to back out of the "boost" in few corners to control the wheel spin.
Yes, T2 is definitely the most tricky and the one place where I get the sort of wheelspin that definitely has an impact. I notice the top time goes out in 2nd; no idea how he keeps traction. Like you, I go out carefully in 3rd and sort of short-shift to 4th, but still often just ended up doing a burnout. I see you stay left of the track there; might try that.

Well I’ve wasted a while today at Brands Hatch as getting a 1:39.xxx has been bugging me especially as I’ve had so many laps in the 1:40.0xx’s… it’s just too tantalising! I may have ruined my plans for the morning but I bulldozed my way into the club 😂😂

Ugly lap and I think it’s obvious I was frustrated, but when you get some of the turns right it’s a lovely feeling
IMG_1039.jpeg

IMG_1040.jpeg

I’m away for the weekend now fellas. Good luck everybody and take it easy :cheers::ill:

Hi,

I am finding this car almost impossible to control! Wheel spin one minute, engine bogged down the next. I have tried TC0. TC1. No "overtake". Full "overtake".

Am I missing something blindingly obvious here please?

The darned thing is just a wild animal. Fanatic wheel and pedals if that helps any ???

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Hi,

I am finding this car almost impossible to control! Wheel spin one minute, engine bogged down the next. I have tried TC0. TC1. No "overtake". Full "overtake".

Am I missing something blindingly obvious here please?

The darned thing is just a wild animal. Fanatic wheel and pedals if that helps any ???

Best regards to all here.

Ian.
Hi Ian,

I have the same setup. Key is to be really careful with your throttle input out of some corners.

I did a few laps first just ignoring the overtake button, just to get used to it. Try to go 50 to 75% throttle once you are on or past the apex (depends which corner), then if you 'feel' the traction, go 100%. Sometimes shifting short to 4th helps.

Then when you more or less have a feel for keeping wheelspin under control, start using the overtake button, but only at the point where you are sure you have traction - and of course where you are dead straight or close to it. It is not easy to judge, but you get the feel after a while; you can always release it if pushing it increases or reintroduces wheelspin.

Using this method I got to under 1:18.

Good luck

I'm a little late to the BH party, been focusing on the GTWS lately (things are going well on that front). But I dipped my toe in with the G70 to see what it's about.

Only did 10 laps, but optimal time is looking good for gold (1:42.0xx), so long as the WR doesn't change much.

1890d6edfa81-screenshotUrl.jpg

It's a departure from the Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars I've been focusing on the last couple weeks, but I kinda like it. Now I just need to watch some people's laps to see what you all are doing.

Side note: the CE for BH is with the Radical and after the Sausage Fest earlier this year I was able to beat the demo ghost in a couple sectors, which is a first for me.

After my hardly gained gold medal at Watkins Glen, I can now tackle Brands Hatch with the Genesis, and RBR with the Valkyrie.

Did 8 laps on BH, I like this combo, this car is fun to slide around. Improved my lap time continuously from 1:52.761 to 1:44.757 and there is still a good margin. Silver is around 1:44.xxx so it will be "easy" to get. Gold in the 1:42.xxx will be quite harder, we'll see, not so much time left and I am leaving for holidays in a few days.

1890dc762f628-screenshotUrl.jpg

1890dc799b590-screenshotUrl.jpg

Did 4 laps on RBR with the Valkyrie, was very cautious with the right pedal but it was much more driveable than what I was expecting with comments of some folks. Went from 1:27 to 1:23 rather quickly and with much improvement ahead. Optimal in 1:22.xxx
Solid bronze for now, Silver might be possible but as I am leaving for holidays that's not sure.

1890dc7c54871-screenshotUrl.jpg

1890dc8a9a168-screenshotUrl.jpg

BH lap count : 8

RBR lap count : 4

Last edited:
Back