Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,712 comments
Most of the time when someone says they followed the ghost perfectly (myself included) I suggest watching your replay and 9/10 times you’ll see you missed it by a hair or more which could justify the penalty at the limits.
But that 1/10 time…………top is good for a 1 second penalty, bottom is good for 3rd overall. Ummmm……..
IMG_8795.jpeg

IMG_8796.jpeg

Finally I reached my goal to get at least under 1:42 @BH. My optimum lap with best sectors is almost a whole second faster but I don't understand. I am still 0,008 behind Glockpants but there ist no way for me to run that combo again... Hopefully it will hold for gold. Good night everyone!

@half_sourly - sincerely appreciate your effort in pulling this together (and to @tmtk for getting everyone’s consent). As someone who struggles to find time just to run laps between work, family, sleep and other projects, taking the time out of those things to go to all this trouble is just amazing. You Sir, are a gentleman.

I’ll normally be found in the bottom half of that list though 😂
Such a humble fast human! You're always a good second faster than my PB's!!

Argh! A poor Hawthorn Bend cost me on this attempt. :banghead: One more day tomorrow to get that elusive 1:39. My arms hurt. :lol:
View attachment 1270618

Blazing fast!!

Back at it with the Valkyrie. Good progress today, but not without my share of troubles. Seems the F1 stewards hadn't gone home since Sunday.

But I have managed a gold lap, with about a 0.1 second buffer. I didn't take T1 and T2 the fastest I've been able to, but the rest of the track went well enough that it didn't matter.

As far as my notes, I'm not using much engine braking on T1 but T2 and T3 I do quite heavily. Exit turns in 4th except T2, 3rd seems to be better there. The overtake doesn't seem to engage unless you're a certain throttle position, just shy of WOT, so even though I didn't use the clip method, it might be a good idea if you're having trouble remembering to engage Ludicrous speed.

I've shared my lap in my collection, so if you want a slow gold to chase.

1892788442560-screenshotUrl.jpg

1892787d90941-screenshotUrl.jpg

On another note, my BH time is still holding for now. But only barely, hopefully no last minute invasions!

12 more laps at Brands Hatch with a nice improvement yet not silver but so close

Improved from 1:44.435 to 1:44.041, silver is 1:44.019 now 😱 I'll give it a last go tomorrow morning.

Optimal is 1:42.188... consistency is clearly lacking... my best lap has only one of my best sectors...

BH lap count : 24
RBR lap count : 48

DW 4* gave 10k

Last edited:
Most of the time when someone says they followed the ghost perfectly (myself included) I suggest watching your replay and 9/10 times you’ll see you missed it by a hair or more which could justify the penalty at the limits.
But that 1/10 time…………top is good for a 1 second penalty, bottom is good for 3rd overall. Ummmm……..
View attachment 1270830
View attachment 1270831
I'll do you one better 🤣🤣
I was testing the TL's of T1 .....

I don't get it anymore, sometimes I get penalties when I am fully on the complete right side of yello, but this video shows the oppositie problem.....NO penalty on this corner??, look at the picture in the end of the video ?

Last edited:
I'll do you one better 🤣🤣
I was testing the TL's of T1 .....

I don't get it anymore, sometimes I get penalties when I am fully on the complete right side of yello, but this video shows the oppositie problem.....NO penalty on this corner??, look at the picture in the end of the video ?

Looks well within the red and white lines? LOL.
One of the top 5 at BH went 4 tires off later in the lap, WAY into the grass and not only didn't get a penalty or even lose time, somehow kept his tires clean as well!

Had about 30-mins this morning to play and it always takes me several laps to get into a groove. Super tired though from celebrating our independence from @Dan_Tes and you biscuit-eaters (LOL I'm just being cheeky) - But the wife and I did dive and find 1.2-Lbs. of scallops (since they're in season) and watched about 1000 fireworks go off while drinking my wife and I's share of beverages, so all-in-all a great day.

Didn't get a chance to play yesterday, so learned the gold time moved AGAIN - the task seems that much steeper now. Came in with PB at 1:18.831 and wasn't getting within 0.2-seconds most of the morning. The fun thing about this car is every once in awhile I hit T1 and absolutely fly past my ghost - but of course, like how I cook, I just do what feels right at the time but never remember what I did to be able to repeat it lol - and this lap, I kept the pace going, only losing some time on the long double-left and basically matching my times the rest of the lap. Past the finish line at 1:18.621!! 2-days ago that was a gold time... but I digress lol.

I know I'm going to get gold on this one, I just do! I just need to get to bed at a reasonable time so that when my dog wakes me early, I'm ready to put in a few hours!

IMG_6769.jpeg
IMG_6768.jpeg
IMG_6770.jpeg
IMG_6771.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys......ladies and gentleman and aliens...

Today is the day.... I'm hyped, I'm happy and i am damn proud of myself pulling this of!

I finally killed the curse of the Hatch! The worst thing is that I had a pretty bad S2 and I lost a fair bit of time in the last corner but for me....irrelevant 🤣🤣 ......Hello 39 club 😁 🤣🤣.

For the people who think this came easy for me.....naaah... I fought for it for 2372 km that's 1474 miles ....
For me that is my day driving to my vacation location in the south of France and back 🤣

But this morning it was all worth it

@Dan_Tes sorry dude 🤣

1:39.906

View attachment 1269926

View attachment 1269925

Duddddeeeee what a time that was! I watched the lap and what a beauty it was! I had a bit of time on Monday to do some laps but I didn't even want to try and beat that time (not sure I could!). Very tasty indeed and you earned that place up at the top of the friends leaderboard :cheers:

I did do a few laps at RBR and yeah I really like that one.. Real shame that I won't have time to grind it as I am away almost constantly until a week on Sunday. Big life change for me coming too as I am going back to work full time which is great news for me but also means my lapping opportunities will be more limited! I have really enjoyed being able to put in some solid consistent sessions and getting some really fast times but that will probably be a thing of the past soon! Luckily we have a new certified forum alien in @Gomario JSP to take my place :bowdown::D

The Valkyrie has been quite a mystery for me. On my first attempt I somehow achieved a 1:17.789 which I was then not able to match for the next 4 nights and 300km of attempts.

Finally last night I broke through the barrier and managed to absolutely smash that time with a 1:17.336 with an optimum 1:17.224 which places me 109th as of writing this message.

I found the trick has been to be very gradual putting the power down to prevent wheel spin on corner exit as that has been my limiting factor thus far. Trying to get this combo right is extremely difficult as the car reacts erratically to bumps and kerbs, but to get the best possible time you need to abuse the kerbs and track limits without suffering wheel spin or losing control. Additionally, the track limits are very inconsistent especially around the final 2 corners which is especially annoying, as receiving a penalty there will also ruin the next lap.

I think I will leave this now, it was difficult enough to get that lap time, I'm not sure I will be able to match it again.

Yeah realy hope that Kaj is done, but I dont think he is or they are, 🤣, still early but we will see 😁
If there are improvements, they are no more than 100 thousandths.
Thankfully, many of the good players don't use the TT events, and I'm also afraid that PDI will be able to weed out everyone who does, if tracks like tomorrow's arise unexpectedly.
After all, what is required is creativity.

Decided to give Brands Hatch one more try tonight to see if I could close in on my optimum. Had a 20 minute session and decided to avoid restarts and just gradually build up the speed and rhythm, and whenever I was happy with my split at the end of sector 4, I’d run close to the pit wall and sacrifice the next lap.

Created a new optimum in the process, and a new best lap of 1:40.784 which is just over a tenth improvement and moves me up my friends list a couple of places! Optimum is a 1:40.48 but I can’t muster the enthusiasm to grind that out.

Officially parking the Genesis in the barn to rot for the rest of my GT7 career!

Some great times being thrown down by you guys - well done, and good luck to those still picking up tenths this evening!

That looks like something might have got broken after. That sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I had another go at RBR. Was too frustrated to remember to take screen shots of the sector times, but inched closer with a 1:17.564. Frustrated because optimal in that 3 lap session was a 17.3xx, and even if I’d had an average 3rd sector that lap would have been a 17.3xx. Earlier I did a 1:17.640 losing the tail exiting the last turn (one of the shared replays), another potential 17.4xx or better gone. All night I was crushing sectors 1 and 2, but completely %#*$ing sector 3.
New outright optimal is in the 17.1’s. Just can’t put a full lap in to save my life.

For those using TC1 and looking for replays, I open shared 3 session replays, all between 17.564 and 17.7xx. Look them up under Speed-Damean or “17.3 optimal”, “17.591”, “17.640”.
IMG_8812.jpeg

Last edited:
:irked: :mad: :ouch::grumpy::banghead:
View attachment 1270886

And to add salt to the wound, this is my "prize" for all the effort I put in today. Can't they just give me the 300,000cr it's supposedly worth? It'd go great with my diddly squat 5,000cr I won yesterday...

.001 ?? :lol:, did you throw the Playstation out of the window?..., i think i would :lol:
i found it very frustrating to because you know there are multiple corners to realy gain speed but so many different elements to nail all at once, did develop some real love for the Hatch tho, that's not going to work for the BB speedway reverse i think :lol:
Still a insane time Dolph!!,

That looks like something might have got broken after. That sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I had another go at RBR. Was too frustrated to remember to take screen shots of the sector times, but inched closer with a 1:17.564. Frustrated because optimal in that 3 lap session was a 17.3xx, and even if I’d had an average 3rd sector that lap would have been a 17.3xx. Earlier I did a 1:17.640 losing the tail exiting the last turn (one of the shared replays), another potential 17.4xx or better gone. All night I was crushing sectors 1 and 2, but completely %#*$ing sector 3.
New outright optimal is in the 17.1’s. Just can’t put a full lap in to save my life.

For those using TC1 and looking for replays, I open shared 3 session replays, all between 17.564 and 17.7xx. Look them up under Speed-Damean or “17.3 optimal”, “17.591”, “17.640”.
I think i'm going to take a look indeed when i am home tonight, becaue i realy don't have a clue how to get a sub 18 right now lol.
spended 150km this morning to go from 18.144 to 18.128 :lol: so i'm very curious of your super fast laps!

nice job alien :lol:

@Dan_Tes thanks mate, no alien here if you would see my struggle with the Valkyrie :lol::lol:, i think the Hatch just felt good for me and was lucky enough to have a descent string of sectors after TO many miles of trying, but insanly happy to be in the top 100 for the first time :lol:,plus it's very clear to me that i'm a real roadcar dude, the faster it goes the worse it gets for me :lol:
I'm sure you will find some time now and then to infiltrate on our leaderboards :lol:
and good luck with the new change in life!, go get them :)

here is BH it's over and I'm really happy to have finished in position 1273 with a time of 1'40'775 and the gold medal. I didn't have time to improve it. Regarding RBR, I tried to improve my time, but it's hard. For now it's impossible and the gold medal seems so far away with a time of 1'18'969.

6 more laps at Brands Hatch with an improvement decent enough to make into silver finally !!

Improved from 1:43.332, thanks to another look at @Mistah_MCA's lap guide to finalize my breaking points, now that I am used to this combo a bit more

Optimal is 1:42.234... with more time spent on this TT, gold could have been in reach

Then went to RBR to try to enter the silver zone too. Done 6 more laps to slip just under the 1:20s I doubt that it will hold but I have no more time to play.

Improved from 1:20:588 to 1:19:958 (optimal 1:19.418)

BH lap count : 18
RBR lap count : 54

DW 4* gave 30k

Leaving for holidays now so won't touch my controller before the 22th, have fun with next TT ;)

Last edited:
We had a WRS TT in the Tundra around this track, the whole track was flat out except the last corner, so unless this car has some chronic understeer I'm not expecting anything different
I would expect the 380 RS to be very loosy goosy on the rear and is going to be a hand full, let alone with nitro,
hope it's a lot faster than the Tundra :)

Hello all! Long time lurker here. Finally made account while ago. Also thanks for accepting friend requests. Got plenty of more motivation to see some fast names on my leaderboard.
Also feel free to add my psn: AE-Drifting if you want to see more Finnish flags on yours :D

I would also like to join GTP-leaderboard if still possible.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gt7/user/mymenu/3ce20770-d6e1-492f-a955-9bc004f526de/profile

Thank you and Happy gold-time chasing for everyone! :)

Thank you to @tmtk for helping out with organising the consent and interest for his leader board idea. Here is what it would look like, using the previous TT. Let me have your feedback and if you wish to be added to future leader boards, let me know.

I will publish the GTP leader board along with my weekly results posts.
[idiot mode on]

@half_sourly be very careful what you do, I know where you want to go with this!
You introduce the leaderbord, then you introduce microtransactions to ramp up the ladder of the leaderboard, and in couple of TT you gain the cover of Forbes. What will come back to us for helping you build your billion-dollar empire?

[idiot mode off]

Great stuff, like all the things you provide each and every week. Thanks for your activity!

Minor comment, to kind of keep this leaderboard connected with the whole worldwide GT population: what about inserting in the ordered list also some "dummy" row with maybe the time of the driver placed at 1%, 3%, 5%, 10%, 20,% 30% spots of the overall leaderboard

Here are some statistics for TT32 at Brands Hatch GP in the Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Prestige Package '22.

Firstly, a huge thank you to @crome who developed script for me to scrape the final results. It has made my life hugely easier. :cheers:

Highlights:
  • This was another somewhat easy TT, with 16.8% of drivers getting gold and only 9.3% getting no reward.
  • Participation was good again at over 128k.
TT-main table.jpg
TT-main table-a.jpg
TT-comparison.jpg
TT-DR Table.jpg
TT-DR Graph.jpg
GTP LB.jpg

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 126.

TT-all gold table.jpg
TT-all gold chart 1.jpg
TT-all gold chart 2.jpg

TT-distribution.jpg
TT-hor bar.jpg
Yes.
TT-easy.jpg
TT-easy-a.jpg
  • I'll remove this section from now on, given my results are in the GTP leader board.

Interim position for the Red Bull Ring TT33:
TT-interim.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT32 at Brands Hatch GP in the Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Prestige Package '22.

Firstly, a huge thank you to @crome who developed script for me to scrape the final results. It has made my life hugely easier. :cheers:

Highlights:
  • This was another somewhat easy TT, with 16.8% of drivers getting gold and only 9.3% getting no reward.
  • Participation was good again at over 128k.

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 126.

• I'll remove this section from now on, given my results are in the GTP leader board.

Interim position for the Red Bull Ring TT33:
View attachment 1270921
So,I don't see my name on the gtp leader board....

Latest Posts

Back