Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,718 comments
That improvement probably moved you up about 100 places in the rankings....
Probably...
Again a little improvement : 0'32'623 with optimal time at 0'32'358
16887460660661198412328357225638.jpg

I'm finding that there is a fair bit of variability with the sessions when doing the time trial. It's been documented elsewhere in GTP that sessions may impact your lap time by up to 0.2 seconds depending on some variability.
I’m not consistant enough to notice time variations as I always just assume it’s me, but definitely notice this a lot with track limits. I was literally just a metre inside the track at RBR and was still getting consistant penalties. Restarted the TT session and it was back to normal.

This makes it official that my 2 highest overall positions for TT’s are the Alphard (82) and the Valkyrie. Which seem to have slightly different power delivery and handling. Maybe a little.
My PB sectors and optimals still have over 2 tenths left in them but my sanity and hands do not so this is where I’m leaving it.
Still with TC1. For those saying to Upshift early with TC1, you are leaving time on every straight that way as the slight wheel slip it creates to keep from bogging in 4th at TC0 is eliminated by the TC. Shifting normally is definitely faster.
Replay saved as “1:17.361”.
IMG_8825.jpeg

@Gomario JSP this has also passed the Radical for most kms, but in my defence this thing EATS them at an alarming rate. 1773 kms.
IMG_8827.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a few quotes, but to address this in general, I will add a column for wheel or pad, but that is it. I'm not adding type of pad or wheel, whether you use loadcell or potentiometer, whether you choose to use buttons or sticks or somethings else on your pad, or if you use AT/MT, or anything else (including whether you use a hairclip to engage Overtake! :)). Otherwise the table will get out of hand.

Trust that works.
Wheel for me

I’m not consistant enough to notice time variations as I always just assume it’s me, but definitely notice this a lot with track limits. I was literally just a metre inside the track at RBR and was still getting consistant penalties. Restarted the TT session and it was back to normal.

This makes it official that my 2 highest overall positions for TT’s are the Alphard (82) and the Valkyrie. Which seem to have slightly different power delivery and handling. Maybe a little.
My PB sectors and optimals still have over 2 tenths left in them but my sanity and hands do not so this is where I’m leaving it.
Still with TC1. For those saying to Upshift early with TC1, you are leaving time on every straight that way as the slight wheel slip it creates to keep from bogging in 4th at TC0 is eliminated by the TC. Shifting normally is definitely faster.
Replay saved as “1:17.361”.
View attachment 1271259
@Gomario JSP this has also passed the Radical for most kms, but in my defence this thing EATS them at an alarming rate. 1773 kms.
View attachment 1271261
That is a real nice time!, this is far from an easy TT imo, I would be VERY proud of a 17.3! I have to plan another stint for the RBR but could not set my self to it 🤣, realy not my kind of TT., But I will try again 😁😏🤣
Nice km' s on the Valkyrie, it eat oil as it does tarmac btw 🤣

Congrats mate!

Yesterday, I was very happy with my gold score at 0:32.798 :)

This morning, I was in silver due to some aliens... :irked:
At noon, I was still in silver with 0:32.786 (gold was at 0:32.776).... 0.010 :banghead:
This afternoon, @IngRobNy - a.k.a the Viking - came from nowhere with a brilliant 0:32.740... :mad:

So, I took my controller and I sent the Viking back home with a PB at 0:32.585 :D

What do we say to the God of the Defeat?

not today GIF
,585 is awesome! I tried, but :bowdown: (I'm not sure if I'm safe yet, so I might try some more later.)

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230707182845.jpg

It's slow progress but I took another 11/1000s off my best.
IMG_6675.jpeg

This time I kept it in 4th for the left turn but actually bounced off the rev limiter for this one. That may have set me up perfectly for the next turn though as in subsequent tries shifting up to 5th on the left turn I was up in time and going fastest but I was then over braking or getting the next corner wrong for speed. I can probably work that out though.

This time I saved my best lap and shared it in Showcase (search for tag normsk) but here's the run from three views.

zjn
Actually I think I don't see the track in the filter. It is a US track, isn't it?
This fictional track is in Japan.

Last edited:
There have been quite a few additions to our leaderboard over recent days. Below are boards for the current two open TTs - position as of this morning. Let me know if you've asked to be on and can't see yourself, so that I can fix it for next Thursday's update.

Also, I am still fiddling with Excel formulas and fixing error messages for various exceptions, so if you see something that doesn't look right, let me know.

Hi, little bit late but can you add me also?
PSN: Exosum
And I play DS5 pad (in signature as well)

Thank you and much appreciated for all the work you've done for statistics

Last edited:
It's slow progress but I took another 11/1000s off my best.
View attachment 1271265

This time I kept it in 4th for the left turn but actually bounced off the rev limiter for this one. That may have set me up perfectly for the next turn though as in subsequent tries shifting up to 5th on the left turn I was up in time and going fastest but I was then over braking or getting the next corner wrong for speed. I can probably work that out though.

This time I saved my best lap and shared it in Showcase (search for tag normsk) but here's the run from three views.

This fictional track is in Japan.

You get better rotation/front end grip you are also in the torque range after lifting slightly and at the braking point only need to do one thing which is brake. It means overall staying in 4th gives you a smoother lap with less to do and in the "more pull" zone for longer.

That's what I found.

Edit:

@half_sourly "I think your gonna need a bigger boat"

Last edited:
,585 is awesome! I tried, but :bowdown: (I'm not sure if I'm safe yet, so I might try some more later.)

View attachment 1271263
OMG, I woke up the Beast :lol: Congrats, that's a great improvment and you will probably get close to the top. I have an eye (maybe two) on your scores :D

Yeah, we have both a safe gold now because the WR can't go down and push us out to silver.

Great progress on my PB at BB! Over 0.3 seconds faster than yesterday following the WR lap ghost. I'm still trying to workout the last two corners to maximize my speed. But not bad for a quick 30 laps!

18931a21a0836-screenshotUrl.jpg

18931a1f75d36-screenshotUrl.jpg

Interestingly, I'm carrying enough speed into the left turn to hit the rev limiter on the exit. But if I can carry more speed through the final turn, my lap time should really fall.

Great progress on my PB at BB! Over 0.3 seconds faster than yesterday following the WR lap ghost. I'm still trying to workout the last two corners to maximize my speed. But not bad for a quick 30 laps!

View attachment 1271284

View attachment 1271285

Interestingly, I'm carrying enough speed into the left turn to hit the rev limiter on the exit. But if I can carry more speed through the final turn, my lap time should really fall.
I find in this game the time comes to you the cleaner you are on exit throttle over faster apex speed.

Which makes sense but feels counter intuitive in the way it invites later deeper braking.

Officially on the GT website... starts tomorrow:

917 around LeMans on RH tires. USA only (sorry ya'll, why do they do this?). This will bring out the king aliens for sure. Not shown yet are the medal cutoffs... here's to hoping it's not the 1.5% again for gold or a lot of us (me included) are in trouble.

125_22e4a0169f4f387c01c2dc3a8265d9c4.png
Unlike you, I can't drive fast enough to get in trouble.:)

View attachment 1271284

View attachment 1271285

Is that glock in your pants or a rocket?!?

Just gave it another go this afternoon, was able to knock off a few hundredths of a second, now down to either 32.101 or 32.102, can't remember which. Got the last turn down pretty good, next section I'm going to focus on is the banked right leading into the final right. Getting lined up optimally there is pretty tricky but making improvements, gradually. Was really hoping to get to 32.0 that session, so close!

Back