Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,722 comments
You're very welcome and once again, thanks for the time you take for your very helpful videos (and for replying my stupid jokes on the forum). Merci !!

This morning, I'm back in silver on BB Raceway but I'm motivated to get my yellow medal back!
Good luck man! Can I add you on my friends list later? Are you good at this game, I am somewhat skilled but not as bright and quick as the aliens.

Was too tired yesterday to put any laps in and didn't expect much from this morning's session, but I actually dropped quite a huge chunk of my RBR time.

Sometimes, the delta or the sector splits get me distracted from keeping my focus on where I want to go. So, I took a different approach and restartet after every first lap and also hid the sector splits in the MFD.

After almost 200km my PB improved by 1/10, finally joining the 17's club.

IMG_20230711_093829.jpg

IMG_20230711_093749_1.jpg

Then I wondered if I could drop even more and get below 1000 on the leaderboard. Turns out I can :)

IMG_20230711_094000.jpg

IMG_20230711_093844.jpg

Although quite the challenge and halfway through I resorted to using TC1, this TT was still on the more fun side.

After 190-miles I was able to improve my RBR time by 0.105. I tried for 120-miles to use TC0, but just wasn’t coming close to my ghost. So put TC1 back on and was back to pressing better times. Lap before my PB was about 0.15 faster through S2 but I let the pressure get to me and just destroyed everything on all parts of S3 lol. Optimal was 1:17.9xx though
IMG_6796.jpeg
IMG_6795.jpeg
IMG_6797.jpeg

Edit!!!
IMG_6798.jpeg

Edit 2: oh how I wish I had more time to play!! Had 15-mins after last edit and three times I was ahead of my ghost after S2 but couple penalties and one where I thought I was downshifting to 3rd on last corner but I was in 3rd and went down to 2nd and tail slid out on me. Crazy it took me 190-miles to beat my 18.360 and then I beat that time 5 times

Last edited:
After 190-miles I was able to improve my RBR time by 0.105. I tried for 120-miles to use TC0, but just wasn’t coming close to my ghost. So put TC1 back on and was back to pressing better times. Lap before my PB was about 0.15 faster through S2 but I let the pressure get to me and just destroyed everything on all parts of S3 lol. Optimal was 1:17.9xx though
View attachment 1272171View attachment 1272172View attachment 1272173

Edit!!! View attachment 1272176

Edit 2: oh how I wish I had more time to play!! Had 15-mins after last edit and three times I was ahead of my ghost after S2 but couple penalties and one where I thought I was downshifting to 3rd on last corner but I was in 3rd and went down to 2nd and tail slid out on me. Crazy it took me 190-miles to beat my 18.360 and then I beat that time 5 times

This ist quick! As I got finally sub-19 for the blink of an eye I thought I could crawl closer to you. Ridiculous! I'm ashamed and try to gold this one in the final hours... Congrats to your performance!

So I normally drive with automatic gears and this weekend I did the challenge at the BB raceway with the Nismo. Best lap was a 0.32.6 and a bit and was 2.75% within gold. So thought that was enough.

Checked today and the gold time was improved by such that I was now just 2.99% in the gold range. That was not enough to be safe but with automatic gears I could not do better.

So switched to manual and practiced a bit and within 35 KM driven I was on 1.32.428 and think I am safe for gold now...
Seems it makes a real difference here if you are driving MT or AT.

This ist quick! As I got finally sub-19 for the blink of an eye I thought I could crawl closer to you. Ridiculous! I'm ashamed and try to gold this one in the final hours... Congrats to your performance!
My new takeaways after my latter session (once I went back to TC1 and apparently I had ASM on too but didn't realize it):
  1. On T1, staddle the rumble strip when breaking - not inside, or any tires on the red/white rumble strips - turn in right at the 50-board and for me using TC1, stay in 3rd
  2. Accelerating in 3rd - watching the top WR replays I noticed they would be about 80% then up to 90% throttle until rpm bar started to fill before going to 100% - this alone was main reason I dropped my time further as I was getting out of T2 muuuuuuch quicker
  3. On T2, I come into it in 6th. Watching the replays I couldn't wrap my head around how late they were breaking when it felt like I was breaking much earlier (start of the rumble strip) and not getting my speed as low as them. I noticed they would downshift to 4th immediately and that slowed car down quicker allowing a later braking point. That, and once down to 1st gear, let it coast through the apex and rotate before accelerating in 3rd.
  4. This last one is minor and requires new braking time, so might require some laps to re-learn, but on the penultimate fast right-hander, get much further left when braking as the width allows you to carry more speed into the turn. But this one is more minor and caused me more penalties than previous but is worth probably 0.1-seconds.

So I normally drive with automatic gears and this weekend I did the challenge at the BB raceway with the Nismo. Best lap was a 0.32.6 and a bit and was 2.75% within gold. So thought that was enough.

Checked today and the gold time was improved by such that I was now just 2.99% in the gold range. That was not enough to be safe but with automatic gears I could not do better.

So switched to manual and practiced a bit and within 35 KM driven I was on 1.32.428 and think I am safe for gold now...
Seems it makes a real difference here if you are driving MT or AT.
Seems like a great time to take the training-wheels off and learn the great power of MT!!!

Kudos to everyone for the times you are posting. I've been away a couple of days and there are pages full of updates, and what updates!

For my part, I am stuck at 0:32.794 (103.3%) at Broad Bean. I think I can improve something by better understanding the turn after the bend to take in full throttle. I don't position myself well and brake too much and probably too late.
I have to say that this TT is addictive contrary to what I had imagined.

zjn
Kudos to everyone for the times you are posting. I've been away a couple of days and there are pages full of updates, and what updates!

For my part, I am stuck at 0:32.794 (103.3%) at Broad Bean. I think I can improve something by better understanding the turn after the bend to take in full throttle. I don't position myself well and brake too much and probably too late.
I have to say that this TT is addictive contrary to what I had imagined.
I found it easier to load a faster ghost and play follow the leader. I couldn't budge below a 32.7 until I started chasing Laporty. Ten minutes later I got it. It's such a fine line when it's such a short TT that you've got to be accurate accurate. Biggest hint is use manual and never shift out of 4th except for the last corner. Also you only need brakes for corner 3 and 4. No brakes on the rest of the track.

Another 100 miles (160km) in the Valkyrie.

1:17.796

PAIN.

I am going to go touch real life grass now. Hopefully, I won't get a penalty for that.

Accelerating in 3rd - watching the top WR replays I noticed they would be about 80% then up to 90% throttle until rpm bar started to fill before going to 100% - this alone was main reason I dropped my time further as I was getting out of T2 muuuuuuch quicker
I noticed this too. I was consistently losing up to 0.6 seconds in that turn alone before I started doing this basically from trial and error.

My assumptions are

1) The Valkyrie doesn't have full traction to accelerate 100% in 3rd gear until you're past ~70 mph (112km)
2) There is some road funkiness just after the exit of turn 2 - off camber? uphill? - that also limits available traction to accelerate

What's also ridiculous and counterintuitive is I've gone faster through the RNG Gate Turn 1 by waiting for the Valkyrie to stop bouncing before getting on to full power and then deploying overtake. I'm also using 3rd gear.

Love your livery, by the way. At the end of this TT, I suspect I'll have hit a Zen level of controlled rage that will have me driving the Valkyrie like this fellow:

1689101439658.png

After getting a 32.003 again and then a 32.002, I finally broke in the 31's with an optimal of 31.906 which seems so close but so far.
View attachment 1271966

I don't know if i'll try again later on, but very happy with being above the finns for the first time. Though i'm sure it will change at the end 😅
View attachment 1271967

The top 100 is now filled with us Arabs 😂
And the TOP 10 is filled of guys with NO REPLAY

Uploaded my PB to YT for anyone interested in taking a look. TT is almost over, but feel free to comment (or not).

Tried to match or break my TC1 PB without TC, but didn't get back into yesterday's rhythm. With TC set to 1 the car is still able to break free, letting me get some slip angle and throttle steer (and have fun while at it). Really enjoyable and easy to push the limit. 0 is still manageable, but on average I lose about 3/10 over a lap.

Last edited:
50 miles in the 917 this morning… NO CLEAN LAPS logged 🤦‍♂️. Clearly misplaced any such talent or skill I thought I might possess 😂.
Hahaha I started that yesterday like, "Well I'm glad we just had the Sarthe TT because I know the track now" and then was like "ohhh great, nothing that I learned last time applies here - different breaking points, different acceleration, no downforce & simultaneously understeery and snappy". But now it has to wait until Thursday because I can smell 1:17's in the Valk! Ugh, why can't I be a *****y husband and father and just ignore them and game instead 🤣🤣

I am going to go touch real life grass now. Hopefully, I won't get a penalty for that.
Some old man gonna yell "Get off my lawn!"
the RNG Gate Turn 1
Hahahaha you crack me up!

Then I wondered if I could drop even more and get below 1000 on the leaderboard. Turns out I can :)
Now that's big-brain thinking right there! But I'm coming for your time!

Uploaded my PB to YT for anyone interested in taking a look. TT is almost over, but feel free to comment (or not).

Tried to match or break my TC1 PB without TC, but didn't get back into yesterday's rhythm. With TC set to 1 the car is still able to break free, letting me get some slip angle and throttle steer (and have fun while at it). Really enjoyable and easy to push the limit. 0 is still manageable, but on average I lose about 3/10 over a lap.

first off - I like the cinematographic touch lol
2nd - Boyyyyy you got lucky not getting penalty on that last turn!! Bravo!

Last edited by a moderator:
first off - I like the cinematographic touch lol
2nd - Boyyyyy you got lucky not getting penalty on that last turn!! Bravo!
tyvm :)

Last turn was all about kicking out the tail while keeping one front tire inside TL to prevent a penalty and avoid going wide into the grass is what I would like to say, but yeah... lucky that milisecond wheelspin didn't cost me that lap, which was on the sketchy side to begin with.

tyvm :)

Last turn was all about kicking out the tail while keeping one front tire inside TL to prevent a penalty and avoid going wide into the grass is what I would like to say, but yeah... lucky that milisecond wheelspin didn't cost me that lap, which was on the sketchy side to begin with.
Watching Kylian's lap and dude is silky smooth driver - makes it look effortless. Contrast that with K. De Bruin lap and while it seems like he gets wheel spin and bogged down once, ends up faster. Fast be fast lol

Decided to give some of these TT's a run last night. Got to silver territory fairly easily on both but more time will be needed to get anywhere near gold. Strange that the Valkyrie's boost function doesn't reset every time you cross the start/finish line. Just have to "retry" every 4 laps to get the boost back to full. Strange.

Haven't tried the Porsche series just yet. Not sure if it's worth the effort just to get some liveries.

Last edited:
Was away for a few days only to come back to see the goal posts are still moving at BB and my gold of 32.563 isn’t as secured as it was a few days ago.

And because I want a half decent showing on the @half_sourly leaderboard, I decided to take the Valkyrie out one last time and managed to upgrade myself to a safe silver. I have no chance at gold.
IMG_4014.jpeg

Me and my better half are steering with motion sensor steering and sometimes we are so into game that we are not only tilting Dualsense but also moving it left and right way out of sofa.. 😁
It is actually pretty funny to watch some tough challenges... Here is she trying to make T2 in Valkyrie on RBR... I actually got inspired to take photo and share with you in her previous attempt when she managed to hit bottle of water standing on the floor 🤣
PXL_20230711_211203232~2.jpg

I'll have one last shot today in the hateful Valkyrie to at least get a silver. Hopefully the new TT tomorrow is a lot nicer and less wheelspinny. These TTs are pretty much all I'm doing in the game at the moment - tried a few daily races but just no motivation.

Last edited:
Me and my better half are steering with motion sensor steering and sometimes we are so into game that we are not only tilting Dualsense but also moving it left and right way out of sofa.. 😁
It is actually pretty funny to watch some tough challenges... Here is she trying to make T2 in Valkyrie on RBR... I actually got inspired to take photo and share with you in her previous attempt when she managed to hit bottle of water standing on the floor 🤣
View attachment 1272349
:lol: That must be a whole new experience with that motion-steering!, i think for me, ( let stand my wife, she can't even drive with a controller ) it's not the best option, BUT i'm willing to strat trying it on BB cause i was realy done with it today, lap after lap after lap 32.2..... can't seem to find any time and was kind of getting bored so even did a le mans grind, that says enough :lol::lol:

It's incredible that you are very quick! is she just as quick? :)

:lol: That must be a whole new experience with that motion-steering!, i think for me, ( let stand my wife, she can't even drive with a controller ) it's not the best option, BUT i'm willing to strat trying it on BB cause i was realy done with it today, lap after lap after lap 32.2..... can't seem to find any time and was kind of getting bored so even did a le mans grind, that says enough :lol::lol:

It's incredible that you are very quick! is she just as quick? :)
Just move bottles out of your reach haha... she is currently silver on BB and she asked me to help her with RBR :) she is driving with Automatic Transmission so that makes it a bit harder if you are not in right gear on right place...

Back