Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,962 comments
I decided to chill out until the next TT. While I do want to chase the last 10th....it became a bit of a chore.

The last couple days I was having fun driving bone stock car at the ring and discovered the last two TT really did improvement my driving skill. Mostly 3-4 second gain in most cases.

Last edited:
I decided to chill out until the next TT. While I do want to chase the last 10th....it became a bit of a chore.

The last couple days I was having fun driving bone stock car at the ring and discovered the last two TT really did improvement my driving skill. Mostly 3-4 second gain in most cases.
I do this often lately, try different cars at different tracks, now I see what a wold of difference there is in handling and power delivery etc, some cars wich I never drove seems to drive like a lot of fun, and mostly heavy tuning is killing the balance.

And I fully agree that these tt's have made me better at the game, the constant push to end up above certain person (I will mention no names) but it never works 🤣🤣🙏

That's on fire mon copin! Neuf-cent-soisant-dix-neuf je pense?

What a difference with your first laps, wel earned!
Thank you very much my friend.
Yes, that's right, it amounts to being in 980th place. But I hope I can do better and why not beat my record of 668th on Autopolis Short.
I did a lot of kilometers (369 kms), but I learned a lot about this DB5 and also having as a ghost the fantastic ride of @djolliea :bowdown::bowdown:.
And I made a lot of mistakes, especially on the double right, where I lost time and on this damn chicane which scares me 😱😱. But if I insist, I think I could go below 1'25, but I'm really happy with my time.

Giving it one last go in the vette. Switched to abs default and it seems to have helped. Always been faster on weak in road cars before, interesting......

Currently........

18a8fe62f9979-screenshotUrl.jpg

Edit: I got it!!!!!! I hope it holds cuse that is all i got
18a901a267c57-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

Last edited:
Oooft. Tough sessions yesterday and today, I told myself I could beat my PB comfortably at Laguna Seca and was struggling well into this evening. I even had a session of 20 minutes or just going round at a nice pace to cool off! I had one of those ‘glass ceiling’ moments but luckily at the end of the session I found another gear and set 3 PB’s in 5 laps!! BOSH! I told @Gomario JSP id start imaginary beef with @Dolph Drago to motivate him to beat me and well… HOW BOUT DEM APPLES :mad:

IMG_2366.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg
IMG_2367.jpeg

Clock is ticking! Also please don’t get mad at me @Dolph Drago i like you <3

This trial and the viper a few weeks back have given me more confidence with oversteer correction and I’m hoping when I come back on Sunday I’ll be able to use that to good advantage at Goodwood in that delicious DB5 😎 happy lapping everybody!

I told @Gomario JSP id start imaginary beef with @Dolph Drago to motivate him to beat me and well… HOW BOUT DEM APPLES :mad:
:lol:
Don't worry. I had already thrown in the towel. No more motivation going for it because I KNEW you would improve! And even if I somehow improved myself, it inevitably wouldn't be near enough. :P

Having said that, I went back to Goodwood knowing I still had time to gain. And I did gain, by .067, but I'm fuming because it could have been so much better. I absolutely blitzed the second sector (by my standards), and the third was decent. But sector 1 was awful thanks to a poor turn 1. Like, 2 tenths slower than I normally run through there. So naturally that's the lap I set my best other sectors and best time overall. :grumpy: Yeah, yeah...Dolph moaning again despite a good time...:lol: My optimal was 1:24.288.
IMG_2356.jpg

Haven't had too much time for GT7 in the past couple of weeks, ended up missing the Monza time trial.

Currently at Laguna Seca I'm at a 1:30.829 with another 4 tenths that I cannot seem to string together into 1 lap. This is good enough for 394th which I'm moderately happy with considering I struggled with this one. I really don't like the way the Corvette drives, having to money shift it when braking is annoying and it feels quite understeery.

Currently at Goodwood I'm at a 1:25.122 which places me 705th. All the time to gain here is in the final sector which I cannot get any of it right, especially the final chicane. This car is interesting to drive in that you have to slide it around everywhere to get the best lap time. I will continue attempting this one and trying to improve, unless the new combination is more to my liking.

It seems my comfort zone is more with the high downforce race cars, as these have yielded my best results. I haven't quite figured out the road cars and using their limited grip in the right ways to gain time.

Hadn't been paying much attention to the Red Bull Ring TT in the GTR since I set an early gold with a 1:30.472 and its just been sitting there for weeks. Just noticed earlier tonight that gold had dropped to 1:30.465, damnit :D

Put in about 25 laps to shave it back down to a gold of 1:30.037 with an optimal of 1:29.715. That should likely hold out for the 2 weeks remaining I should think.

Last edited:
Oooft. Tough sessions yesterday and today, I told myself I could beat my PB comfortably at Laguna Seca and was struggling well into this evening. I even had a session of 20 minutes or just going round at a nice pace to cool off! I had one of those ‘glass ceiling’ moments but luckily at the end of the session I found another gear and set 3 PB’s in 5 laps!! BOSH! I told @Gomario JSP id start imaginary beef with @Dolph Drago to motivate him to beat me and well… HOW BOUT DEM APPLES :mad:

This trial and the viper a few weeks back have given me more confidence with oversteer correction and I’m hoping when I come back on Sunday I’ll be able to use that to good advantage at Goodwood in that delicious DB5 😎 happy lapping everybody!
haha, this guy..... unbelievable, into the top 100 again,
what kind of apples do you even eat?? :lol: :bowdown:

And naaah..... i think/hope your DB5 breakes down in the first chicane and you have to give up....leaving me sky high at my own leaderboard ( behind my new nemesis called motionsteering alien @Barareklam and the uncatchable @djolliea who is always 20 seconds faster then the rest of us :lol: ) :lol::lol: but ...... most of the time you are 0.5 of a second faster, so i would be very dissapointed if you you would kick my butt....

Go get it :lol:;):lol::lol:

Today i did another efford to lower my time at the Ring, i have kind of a love/hate relationship with it, altho it's a little better now i know where the tracklimits are, ( did they un-randomize it a bit )??.

I found some time but frustrated because i had somany laps were i was up on the delta for a very good run but always stuf something up....so not always fun and games, so did grab some, but not happy with it :lol::lol:

I thought instead of my new PB 1:29.430 :) 1.82 % :).....place 1771 :lol::lol::lol:
i'll show you guys my stuffing up for today .....

Tomorrow we try again :lol::lol:

Look at that delta ( before that last corner ) :banghead::banghead::banghead:

GR.3 on RM's, should be fun!

I feel competition flying in already..... haha.
I can remember @Dan_Tes crocodile BRZ flying into the 40's......
I still feel the pain of finishing 41.077 :lol: :lol:

That was on RH's so i'm coming in for the 40's! :lol:......... i'll def start with the RSR first.....

Let the games begin :lol:

Sure we had it already and there would be far better combo's, but i like the circuit and the competition it brings :lol:

Schermafbeelding 2023-09-14 091724.png

20829715060021754.jpg

Let's go! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, Catalunya is kinda weak sauce. But PD: I take my bad words after the C8 downshifting galore back. DB5 at Goodwood is THE BEST TT there has been. I suppose I'm constantly regressing in my preference, since I seem to be going from 'road cars good' towards 'classic cars please'. C8 just wasn't fun, it was actually quite race car-ish except slower to turn in and worse on the brakes (both of which made the uber-downshifting more advantageous). This DB5, this is what driving is all about for me. Enough weight shift that you can actually tell in VR and use to your advantage. Options to drive clean or absolutely thrash it, with neither being clearly the better way. The sweeping multi apex turns. The sound of a classic engine pushing to red line. The only thing missing? Well, the H pattern shifter support of course! Other than that long time groan, well played. Very well.

Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT42 at Laguna Seca in the Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray '20.

1694676986255.png

LB-final.jpg
TT-main table.jpg
TT-comparison.jpg
TT-distribution.jpg
TT-DR Table.jpg
TT-DR Graph.jpg

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 117.

TT-all gold table.jpg
TT-all gold chart 1.jpg
TT-all gold chart 2.jpg

Interim Results for TT43 at Goodwood in the Aston Martin DB5 '64.

1694677054849.png

TT-comparison int.jpg
LB-interim.jpg
This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
TT-interim gaps.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some statistics for TT42 at Laguna Seca in the Chevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray '20.

View attachment 1287102

Well, I cut that very fine in the end.

:lol:

Don't worry. I had already thrown in the towel. No more motivation going for it because I KNEW you would improve! And even if I somehow improved myself, it inevitably wouldn't be near enough. :P

Having said that, I went back to Goodwood knowing I still had time to gain. And I did gain, by .067, but I'm fuming because it could have been so much better. I absolutely blitzed the second sector (by my standards), and the third was decent. But sector 1 was awful thanks to a poor turn 1. Like, 2 tenths slower than I normally run through there. So naturally that's the lap I set my best other sectors and best time overall. :grumpy: Yeah, yeah...Dolph moaning again despite a good time...:lol: My optimal was 1:24.288.
View attachment 1287077
Ah shame, I was hoping you were dishing up something special on home(?) turf!! STEP IT UP DRAGO! Fantastic time at Goodwood though, are you using wheel or pad here? Can you start some imaginary beef with @Gomario JSP or maybe @Evilmuffin to 'pay it forward'?? :D

GR.3 on RM's, should be fun!

I feel competition flying in already..... haha.
I can remember @Dan_Tes crocodile BRZ flying into the 40's......
I still feel the pain of finishing 41.077 :lol: :lol:

That was on RH's so i'm coming in for the 40's! :lol:......... i'll def start with the RSR first.....

Let the games begin :lol:

Sure we had it already and there would be far better combo's, but i like the circuit and the competition it brings :lol:

View attachment 1287101

View attachment 1287105

Let's go! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Hahaha this is the best thing I have ever seen. Am I officially GT7 famous!?? If you are trying to start beef with ME you have failed sir, I just like you even more for putting my name on a GODDAMN PORSCHE!!! :lol:

excited american horror story GIF

Catalunya and Group 3? After four solid hits in a row this feels like a massive MISS. Yes Sir Jomar is right, The Crocadubaru might make another appearance but god if I hated it last time... with the chicane of misery and pain in how bad is it going to be this time? Racing Mediums this time round might make it palatable. Does anyone actually like this track!? I am going to take it a personal development point to try and get turn 7 right for the first time ever....

Last edited:

View attachment 1287102

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date remained at 117.

Interim Results for TT43 at Goodwood in the Aston Martin DB5 '64.

View attachment 1287103

This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
View attachment 1287117
Thank you for your work, as always!

I didn't enjoy the Laguna Seca TT in the Corvette much at all, TBH. Happy to have secured a silver, then just ditched it and went farming credits at Sardegna instead. The Goodwood / DB5 combo is much more fun, getting the hang of drifting that thing around while keeping it just within the limits of the track is much more my kinda scene! I've only had two sessions, but will definitely give this one a bit more.

New TT I'm thinking I'll resort to my F-Type again. Made an Estrella Galicia livery for it last time, to honour the local export, so it would be rude not to. Can't remember if I got gold there or a low silver last time, but either way it should be fun. I like Catalunya and Gr.3 cars, so I'm not dreading this one.

Back