Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,571 comments
I felt that my gold in the Lancer wasn't very comfortable, so I had to go again, this time I drove something that drives well. Love this car 👀 The lap I did in the Lancer felt it was almost maxed out, being the crappy car it is. And yet, I made plenty of mistakes in the Supra and easily beat the Lancer :lol:

After trying the Supra GT500, Nissan GTR, Porsche 911 and '16 AMG for DTS, I finally moved onto the '18 Supra. At first I thought it just wasn't going to work for me, every lap was over 1:40, but then I got the hang of how with just the right amount of throttle in slower corners you can do a very slight powerslide that makes it rotate faster. I did several laps 1:39.3 or quicker, then I beat the gold time by a few thousandths. I wasn't sure that would be good enough, so did some more laps and finally managed a 1:39.179 to get gold by the much more comfortable margin of 4 hundredths. Still might not be enough by the end. That was with a controller, stick steering, auto gears.

Catalonia is gold!

CatalunyaTT-almost.jpg

Started with the Porsche, got to 47.1 and while it is very stable car yet a bit reluctant to turn.
Read a lot of good words about Ferrari and I jumped on it (first time ever in a TT) and almost right away I found 0.4 of a second.
That was yesterday, today I continued and improved even further. Made a lap of 46.6 with 0.5 second penalty (that damn chicane), so I knew the gold is a question of time only.
Within next 20-something laps I got to 46.423 and few laps later nailed 2/3 of a good lap which clocked at 45.9 (first sector was meh, lost 0.3-0.4 seconds there). Decided to stop at this result.
Beautiful car (my favourite make since forever) and why didn't I drive it earlier when gr.3 was featured in TTs? I really don't know... Glad I did now.

Hello everybody!

I’ve had a good couple of days at work but now back to the grind for three days before I dip off for the annual pilgrimage to automotive Mecca; the Nürburgring 😎

God Catalunya is frustrating, I’d say the chicane was killer but actually track limits EVERYWHERE are the fun sponges for me! It’s a challenging track, no margin anywhere, so why in gods name does the slightest little wobble give you a penalty that completely destroys the current and most likely next lap!? On a combo we’ve already done!??

anyways, an uncomfortably tough grind has got me well into the 1:44.xxx’s with my beloved 650S, the combo is so bad it even made me start hating it 😡 but we are done. No time for Dragon Trail yet but I like the track even if I won’t have time to set a fast time 😭

Last day at RBR; another combo I really dislike. When will they sort the T1 physics 😩 down to 1:29.122 but I feel there’s a magic 1:28.xxx lap there somewhere…. I’m gonna give it 30 minutes and if not, we are done ☹️

IMG_2856.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

Gosh darnit ok RBR there was definitely a 1:28.xxx there for the taking but in the end I settled for a 1:29.040!! Not too shabby, my playstation is being a bit of a princess at the moment so uploading youtube videos is taking forever! But yeah I'm done with this. Dragon Trail tomorrow babyyyyyy can't think of a single thing I don't like about that track :dunce:

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello everybody!

I’ve had a good couple of days at work but now back to the grind for three days before I dip off for the annual pilgrimage to automotive Mecca; the Nürburgring 😎

God Catalunya is frustrating, I’d say the chicane was killer but actually track limits EVERYWHERE are the fun sponges for me! It’s a challenging track, no margin anywhere, so why in gods name does the slightest little wobble give you a penalty that completely destroys the current and most likely next lap!? On a combo we’ve already done!??

anyways, an uncomfortably tough grind has got me well into the 1:44.xxx’s with my beloved 650S, the combo is so bad it even made me start hating it 😡 but we are done. No time for Dragon Trail yet but I like the track even if I won’t have time to set a fast time 😭

Last day at RBR; another combo I really dislike. When will they sort the T1 physics 😩 down to 1:29.122 but I feel there’s a magic 1:28.xxx lap there somewhere…. I’m gonna give it 30 minutes and if not, we are done ☹️

View attachment 1290487
View attachment 1290488

Gosh darnit ok RBR there was definitely a 1:28.xxx there for the taking but in the end I settled for a 1:29.040!! Not too shabby, my playstation is being a bit of a princess at the moment so uploading youtube videos is taking forever! But yeah I'm done with this. Dragon Trail tomorrow babyyyyyy can't think of a single thing I don't like about that track :dunce:

View attachment 1290499
View attachment 1290500

Welcome back Dan, well I wasn't able to earn gold at RBR and Barcelona, I didn't have enough free time as I have to take care of myself and my family. See we have health issues and autoimmune problems. How have you been doing?

Welcome back Dan, well I wasn't able to earn gold at RBR and Barcelona, I didn't have enough free time as I have to take care of myself and my family. See we have health issues and autoimmune problems. How have you been doing?
Hi Chris, sorry to hear that mate! We can only give gaming time when we have time especially where health is concerned! Stay safe. I am good Thank You, like yourself and @Dolph Drago it was my birthday this week. I turned 37 (whilst at work.... :mad: :lol: ) Take it easy and enjoy your laps when you get a chance!

I turned 45 on the 17th. Happy birthday all you September folk. I'm sure you all know but there are more of us than of any other birth month!

Anyway, spent 40 minutes earlier at Seaside and I'm within .6xx of gold. I am certain if I tie it all together and smooth out just one or two spots I'm inconsistent in, I've got it. I think it's turn 6 where the ghost always just walks away from me. I'm still at least 75 percent at the COD and I actually gain through the s turns up the hill before you see the ship on the ghost I'm following. (Sorry for not using the proper corner names) 😂

I also feel like I've learned a little bit about car control here that I didn't have before. Some of the subtlety of trail braking was lost on me before but here, for me, it's been a huge time grab when I get it right.

Sacrilege. That’s what the RACC chicane is. Without it I’d rank Catalunya as a 8/10 track but when it’s the version with the chicane it drops down to a 1/10.

I tried but couldn’t improve my 1’44.315. The painfully frustrating thing is I can do all the prior sectors better than I did on that .315 lap but can’t replicate the way I lucked myself through the chicane that time. A 44.0 wasn’t to be this time. :banghead:

To not be too much of a downer I suppose I should be pretty happy about a top 80 in Gr.3, a category a lot of people are really good in, and on a track I rank as 1/10. It’s certainly considerably better than I expected going into this one. :P

Didn't realize I had so many September birthday bros here. :D I turned 36 today...at work, too. :mad: So you're not alone. :lol: I am taking Friday off, so I'm getting a long weekend. But that was more to use up the PTO days I've built up. If I don't use them by the end of the year, I lose them. Damn!

Sorry, I'm dragging this thread off topic. Today was a rest day from GT7. I couldn't gain anything in the RBR TT last night, and I never did go back to Catalunya after my miracle lap. I'll pick up my 4m credits tomorrow and maybe buy another car.

Last edited:
Two: the Honda Civic TT and whatever will replace the Catalunya TT.
I just hope once we're treated with a TT on the Nurburgring 24h track. What a treat it would be. Imagine to scope to improve & better the times.

I still remember during a previous version of GT, there was a TT for this track & we could select the Chaparral 2J car for that TT. It was a thriller of a TT.

Hello everybody!

View attachment 1290487
View attachment 1290488

View attachment 1290499
View attachment 1290500

Congratulations, nice lap :bowdown: I saw the rankings last night but I didn't have time to play but I had an ideal of 1'28.9xx to go for it! how does he do it De Bruin went for another 1.2 seconds :confused: i have trouble understanding sometimes! You go to the Green Hell driving Days ?

Last edited:
Sacrilege. That’s what the RACC chicane is. Without it I’d rank Catalunya as a 8/10 track but when it’s the version with the chicane it drops down to a 1/10.

I tried but couldn’t improve my 1’44.315. The painfully frustrating thing is I can do all the prior sectors better than I did on that .315 lap but can’t replicate the way I lucked myself through the chicane that time. A 44.0 wasn’t to be this time. :banghead:

To not be too much of a downer I suppose I should be pretty happy about a top 80 in Gr.3, a category a lot of people are really good in, and on a track I rank as 1/10. It’s certainly considerably better than I expected going into this one. :P
funny thing, wifey asked me to get her gold on RBR and it was late and I got her gold and see I can have faster time than I got long time ago, 1:29.9xx so I continued playing until late and then well when I fell asleep I dream about world ranking leaderboard aaaaaand... you are P1 in my dream 👽 :D

Last edited:
Didn't realize I had so many September birthday bros here. :D I turned 36 today...at work, too. :mad: So you're not alone. :lol: I am taking Friday off, so I'm getting a long weekend. But that was more to use up the PTO days I've built up. If I don't use them by the end of the year, I lose them. Damn!

Sorry, I'm dragging this thread off topic. Today was a rest day from GT7. I couldn't gain anything in the RBR TT last night, and I never did go back to Catalunya after my miracle lap. I'll pick up my 4m credits tomorrow and maybe buy another car.

I turned 38 today, but I took a day off (and tomorrow too!), as I do every year 😆

Back