Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,799 comments
  • I have added a Car column to the TTs where more than one is available to us.
  • The Car Performance data for the Dragon Trail TT makes for interesting reading.
  • The movie one is finally over, with more than 300,000 drivers having had a go.
Enjoy!

Here are some statistics for TT44 at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout in Gr.3.

1695886421396.png

LB-final.jpg
TT-main table.jpg
TT-comparison.jpg
TT-distribution.jpg
TT-DR Table.jpg
TT-DR Graph.jpg
Cars.jpg

The movie promotion TT at Red Bull Ring in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18 has now ended. Here are some statistics for what I'll call TT45.

1695886546544.png

LB-final 1.jpg
TT-main table 1.jpg
TT-comparison 1.jpg
TT-distribution 1.jpg
TT-DR Table 1.jpg
TT-DR Graph 1.jpg

Drivers with gold in all TTs following these two ending
The number of drivers with gold in all TTs to date dropped from 116 to 114.

TT-all gold table.jpg
TT-all gold chart 1.jpg
TT-all gold chart 2.jpg

Interim Results for TT46 at Dragon Trail Seaside in Gr.3.

1695886746694.png

LB-final 2.jpg
TT-comparison 2.jpg
Cars 1.jpg
This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
TT-interim gaps.jpg

• The Car Performance data for the Dragon Trail TT makes for interesting reading.
  • The movie one is finally over, with more than 300,000 drivers having had a go.
Enjoy!

Here are some statistics for TT44 at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP Layout in Gr.3.

View attachment 1290560

The movie promotion TT at Red Bull Ring in the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18 has now ended. Here are some statistics for what I'll call TT45.

View attachment 1290561

View attachment 1290562

This was a request to help people see how many places they're likely to gain by gaining a certain amount of time.
View attachment 1290601

Awesome stuff! I'm happy that I kept gold in Austria and heavily impressed how many fast drivers signed in for the GTP leaderboard. It has literally become a "Leader-Board" and I must take place 60 as a good result... Congrats to all contestants, especially to those with great improvement! Your good work keeps me motivated...

Well, just a week or so ago I was wondering that there hadn't been an FF TT in well over a year. Now there are three. Honda seems to have exclusivity for those since the last one was with Civic, too :lol:

Will enjoy Nordschleife. First very rough lap was 7:55 and the second, much smoother, a 7:51. Something like a 7:47 should be very realistic, but 7:44 might require more miles than I have time for. A very good TT still, after the previous Gr3 only disaster.

Indeed. I wonder to which degree this really paints an accurate picture of a car's performance vs other factors such as player preference or just sheer coincidence. For example, in Catalunya the RX-Vision GT3 Concept is on average 0.8 seconds faster than the Stealth Model, which I presume is basically the same car? And both have been used over 1,200 times, so should be enough to be statistically relevant, right?

Indeed. I wonder to which degree this really paints an accurate picture of a car's performance vs other factors such as player preference or just sheer coincidence. For example, in Catalunya the RX-Vision GT3 Concept is on average 0.8 seconds faster than the Stealth Model, which I presume is basically the same car? And both have been used over 1,200 times, so should be enough to be statistically relevant, right?
Yes, you'd need to do deeper analysis than I've done here to get closer to understanding which cars are 'better'. Something like taking 1000 sized groups at a time and ranking them, so that you are comparing drivers with similar abilities but different cars, then seeing over the various sets of 1000 which cars mostly rank higher.

That RCR Civic drives.. interestingly. It's a strange experience on wheel, the front tires are constantly fighting for grip and so there's a lot of spots where the car feels weightless before it bites the tarmac again and grips. It's unique, for sure.
I didn't get that feeling come across when using a controller.

Having scraped into gold for DTS, I decided late last night to have another go at RBR and Catalunya, and got gold for both of those as well. The time lapping DTS probably got me more attuned to the game's physics again, having not playing much for months now. I started off trying the '18 Supra for Catalunya, having had success with it for DTS, but found it too lacking in rear wheel traction for Catalunya. Tried the Ferrari, and was instantly much faster, close to the gold time. Switched to the Porsche, and for me it immediately seemed significantly better than the Ferrari and I think I got gold on my 5th lap with it. Enthused by that, I went for another try at RBR and it didn't take me all that many laps to get gold for that as well.

Congratulations, nice lap :bowdown: I saw the rankings last night but I didn't have time to play but I had an ideal of 1'28.9xx to go for it! how does he do it De Bruin went for another 1.2 seconds :confused: i have trouble understanding sometimes! You go to the Green Hell driving Days ?
Thanks man! Likewise the 1:28.xxx was there in the optimum but I didn’t have the patience to try T1 again 😁 yes some touristenfahrten for me! Hoping to do more than 10 laps this year if my car is up to it! She’s an old lady now 😅
I turned 38 today, but I took a day off (and tomorrow too!), as I do every year 😆
Happy birthday brother :cheers:
Enjoy!

View attachment 1290560

View attachment 1290561

View attachment 1290562

View attachment 1290601
Bro again thank you for the statistics 🙏🏼 I have sent you a little something via PayPal for all the hard work you do. It always amazes me how high up I am on the forum leaderboard considering how many quick people there are here! Adds an extra element to the time trial setup. Long may it continue 😊

New time trials; ok so first Civic at Tsukuba.. yeah it’s not fun for me, I actually preferred the Audisteer in the rain to this. Understeer aplenty, does this thing have mega power and absolutely no diff?? Madness.

Nurburgring Civic trial however… I did one lap and had endless fun 😁 the Honda is a bit unruly in the high speed stuff (going in hot at Schwedenkreuz = death) but actually for the most part it’s pretty easy to drive so multiple laps shouldn’t be hard. Be prepared to get your tyres dirty! Looking forward to doing this one more :D also as of now I’m the fastest of all my friends having only done one lap! Boom! 😂😂

IMG_2863.jpeg

Thanks man! Likewise the 1:28.xxx was there in the optimum but I didn’t have the patience to try T1 again 😁 yes some touristenfahrten for me! Hoping to do more than 10 laps this year if my car is up to it! She’s an old lady now 😅
if I manage to do 10 laps when I'm there I'm already satisfied, well generally I stay no more than 24 hours there! Enjoy and be careful

Yes, this one is GOOD. Did 5 full laps today on two stints and I believe there were only three laps that I binned. Hadn't done much Nordschleife after the NSX TT (which was painful, beautiful and in the end, my personal best TT), but of course have at least 10,000 simulation laps there overall. So the second session had three consecutive laps below 7:51 with this one being the last and best:

18adbd942c06-screenshotUrl.jpg

A 7:47 definitely there for me, if I only get a few sessions into this (busy month ahead).

FF really is a different beast at Nordschleife. Whereas the curbs are usually your enemy, here you have to eat them up. Cutting the apexes so that the inside front tyre is leaning on the curb from the grass side of things gets you so much more turning rate. Just keep the nose pointed straight, gas pedal to the floor and a bit of left foot braking to help with turning... For some, FFs might be boring but there is just something about making those super aggressive cuts on 'schleife with the pedal to metal! Super happy about the variation this one brings to TTs.

Last edited:
funny thing, wifey asked me to get her gold on RBR and it was late and I got her gold and see I can have faster time than I got long time ago, 1:29.9xx so I continued playing until late and then well when I fell asleep I dream about world ranking leaderboard aaaaaand... you are P1 in my dream 👽 :D
Haha, if only. That will probably remain just that, a dream. :D

i don't know, but i'm going to squeek te hell out of those hards on the ring :lol: :lol:
going to give it my best :lol:

This should be it

Thank you very much for posting real car drive video. I am watching how he is changing gears and it is pretty much how people do on real cars in real life. How is it in game now, you who have tried, do we have some double shifting or early shifting or anything that works in game?

Interesting TTs!

High power FF car on a tight circuit = many omfgbbq moments. Managed gold after may 15 laps or so. Haven't study any of the replay yet, so not too bad of a result for now.

18adc02c85b0-screenshotUrl.jpg

Also drove one lap at the ring....oooffff...that car is oversteery.....I like! Not gold yet, but I wasn't really pushing so shouldn't have problem (famous last word)

18adc02e07a63-screenshotUrl.jpg

Oh Man just love this Nurburgring 24h TT. The Civic R car being FF is fun & inviting to drive over the kerbs. The car's suspension makes it easy to catch hold of the kerbs by the collar so as to speak. It's so fun to throw the car around turns & make it drift a little so as to get a faster corner entry. That's really satisfying.

Even though I've just set a 7:58:498 time which is not only modest but nimble (20 seconds off the fastest time), I enjoyed the 4 laps of initial play around this track.

P.S. - Super impressed with the grip level despite driving on Sports Hards. It feels as if the Nurburgring 24h track has been resurfaced or the Civic R car is running on Race Mediums. Not a big admirer of this car but I don't know why I would've loved had a hatchback been a part of this TT instead of the current car.

Back