Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 32,009 comments
First test in Daytona 1'46'877
17002285613451372664937127906483.jpg

Last edited:
@Evilmuffin ....

I know..... i got the same feeling this morning.... :lol: :lol:
Man i was frustrated, never have i seen somany cape Canaveral launches through my sidewindow due to spinning out on T1
What a b#tch this is.....then after a gazillion tries i thought i was there......., waiting to cross the line...... flickering DRS with a sore thumb by pressing X....... 1:46.000 :grumpy: :lol:

View attachment 1304146

I had somuch trouble with T1 it wasn't even funny anymore, and after 1,5 stint..... about 1,5 hours in total opver 2 sessions....
i suddenly realised i had switched off my ABS for the lake Louise :grumpy::irked::irked::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:..
Back to default and second lap i clocked a 45.9 :D, now T1 is nice to me again :lol:

View attachment 1304147

Should this hold? :lol::lol:
Turn one is god damned annoying....I have abs set as weak, maybe I will set it back to normal.

i shocked myself a little and my first completed lap was a (non-sustainable) 4.97% silver on controller and i'm almost exclusively a VR/Wheel player. i really love the GT3RS car series though, a lot. feeling the wheels loosen up a bit and using it to curve into that first turn recklessly is a lot of fun

e: love these two diametrically opposed opinions on T1 posted at about the same time haha

Last edited:
Hi,

Despite my best efforts and hundreds of laps, I failed to get a gold time at Tokyo. That was, IMHO, the most difficult TT of them all so far.

I have been thinking about my attitude to these TT's - They are, generally, really good fun. I find that once a "safe" gold time has been achieved, I tend to stop and then do something else. Well! Not this time at Daytona!!! I am already into the 1:46's. A safe gold time for now at least.

I am going to keep going with this one and see just how close I can get. If I remember correctly, Daytona is where I have recorded my highest ever finish.... Maybe @half_sourly could confirm this for me? I don't know another way of checking. :-)

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

I feel really behind after spending so long at Tokyo.

But my second session at Lake Louise went well. After watching the current WR replay and loading their ghost, I managed Gold after 13 laps. Then I lost track of time and accidentally did a 21st lap, which I happened to then break into the 1:45's ... I'm having a load of fun here.

Optimals look really good. If I could manage it, it would be a top 100 time. We'll see, I have a feeling I'm going to put off Daytona for a little while to see how high I can get on the board here.

18bdecf036f43-screenshotUrl.jpg
18bdecf13f593-screenshotUrl.jpg

I am going to keep going with this one and see just how close I can get. If I remember correctly, Daytona is where I have recorded my highest ever finish.... Maybe @half_sourly could confirm this for me? I don't know another way of checking. :-)

Best regards to all here.

Ian.
It was indeed, Ian. That was your only top 1,000. Until this one?! Here are your results ranked by your finishing position.

TT#TrackCarIan JB
18​
Daytona International Speedway | Road CourseHonda NSX '17816
47​
Tsukuba CircuitGarage RCR Civic1,890
9​
Watkins Glen International | Short CourseCorvette ZR1 '191,942
15​
Sardegna - Road Track | Layout CGr.4 (Subaru WRX)2,064
12​
Willow Springs International Raceway | Big WillowSuzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '982,224
5​
Dragon Trail | SeasideGr.4 (Nissan GTR)2,363
19​
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya | No ChicaneGr.32,981
52​
Alsace - Test Course ReverseGr.43,065
20​
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna SecaFord Mustang GT '154,882
1​
Alsace - VillageSuzuki V6 Escudo Pikes Peak Special '985,138
11​
Autódromo de InterlagosNissan R34 GT-R V-spec II Nür '025,295
4​
Red Bull Ring | Full CourseNissan Skyline SS5,847
30​
Tsukuba CircuitAudi TTS Coupé '146,805
7​
Autodrome Lago Maggiore | Full CourseNissan Z Performance '237,502
22​
Dragon Trail - GardensRadical SR3 SL '137,889
53​
Autódromo de InterlagosMB Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '208,201
37​
Blue Moon Bay Speedway - Infield ADodge Viper GTS '1310,308
34​
Broad Bean Raceway ReverseAmuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera10,909
3​
Trial Mountain | Full CourseHonda Civic11,714
51​
Michelin Raceway Road AtlantaPorsche 918 Spyder12,779
6​
Autódromo de InterlagosGr.2 (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16)12,837
24​
Fuji International Speedway | Full CourseGr.313,211
16​
Nürburgring | Grand Prix TrackPorsche Cayman GT4 '1613,224
48​
Michelin Raceway Road AtlantaGr.113,349
54​
Tokyo Expressway - Central ClockwiseNismo 400R '9513,475
36​
Circuit de Spa-FrancorchampsGran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior13,855
35​
Autodrome Lago Maggiore | West EndGr.313,913
8​
Suzuka Circuit | Full CourseMcLaren MP4/4 '8814,893
10​
Nürburgring | Grand Prix TrackGr.3 (Porsche 911)15,291
17​
Kyoto Driving Park | Yamagiwa + MiyabiVolkswagen ID. R '1916,815
31​
Watkins Glen Long CourseGr.416,882
46​
Dragon Trail SeasideGr.317,111
44​
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP LayoutGr.317,412
27​
Autopolis International Racing CourseSuper Formula SF2317,613
2​
Fuji International Speedway | Full CourseSF19 SuperFormula20,816
32​
Brands Hatch Grand Prix CircuitGenesis G70 3.3T AWD Prestige Package '2223,727
23​
Red Bull Ring | Full CourseAlfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '2024,401
21​
Autopolis Shortcut CourseToyota Alphard Executive Lounge '1829,146
33​
Red Bull RingAston Martin Valkyrie '2131,702
38​
High Speed RingMazda LM55 VGT33,207
45​
Red Bull RingNissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '1856,602
OlympicDeep Forest RacewayToyota GR010 HYBRID '2166,563
41​
MonzaFerrari 330 P4 '67100,608
39​
Mount Panorama Motor Racing CircuitMaserati MC20 '20119,417
13​
Michelin Raceway Road AtlantaGT Red Bull X2019 Competition-
14​
Nürburgring | NordschleifeHonda NSX Type R '02-
25​
Grand Valley - SouthWicked Fabrication GT 51-
26​
Nürburgring 24hGr.3-
28​
Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs ReverseGReddy Fugu Z-
29​
24 Heures du Mans Racing CircuitGr.1-
40​
Suzuka Circuit | Full CourseGr.2-
42​
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna SecaChevrolet Corvette C8 Stingray '20-
43​
Goodwood Motor CircuitAston Martin DB5 '64-
49​
Circuit de Sainte-Croix - BLamborghini Lambo V12 VGT-
50​
Nürburgring NordschleifeHonda Civic Type R '22-
55​
Lake Louise Long TrackToyota GR Yaris RZ "High Performance" '20-

Awww Man! That is awesome! That, right there is just a bunch of awesomeness. It tells a story too....

18. Daytona. I was sooooooo pleased with that one.
9. Watkins Glen. Equally pleased with this one. The track suited my driving style / technique.
5. Dragon Trail. I managed the Chicane, perfectly, once! Then went to bed. Smiling a lot!
51. Atlanta - Shout out to Mistah MCA here.
8. Suzuka. What the heck happened here? I have no idea how you guys did this one!!!
41. Monza. The phone never stopped bloody ringing that week. Every time I got started, the damned phone rang!
39. Mount Panorama. That was a sight seeing trip! Not been to Australia... Yet!

Thank you so very much for compiling that. I am in your debt.

Best regards to all of you here.

Ian.

Tried Lake Louise with the Yaris, I suck on ice (and rally), 3 seconds below bronze time...

Tried Daytona, went into bronze quite easily with the Porsche. Nice combo, I can improve by a good margin with some practice (stopped playing since june) and with a good lap guide. @Mistah_MCA will you have time to do a lap guide ? I know you've had a new job and less time so no pressure, just curious.
I had some time to make the guide last night. Lots of binning at turn 1. :scared:

So,just a heads up,there's a couple of new events(limited time).
You can make an easy 680k, one lap at Nurburg and 5 laps at Spa,both on RS tires,only top 10 times are on the ranking board,so all you speed demons can have a go at it.
Get under 8:25 at Nurburg(7:39 #1) should get you the win and at Spa i crashed on lap 3(back to 12th) and still won.

Oh, Lake Louise, how I loathe you. I had to go back since I had fallen out of gold. Despite not having been there in a few days, I somehow matched my best time on my first lap...but it was invalidated of course. :mad: Okay, I need less than half a tenth to get back to gold. Two laps later, I pick up a full tenth...but it was invalidated. :mad: Well, if I have one semi-decent lap that ISN'T invalid, I should get this easily. FIFTY miles later and if anything, I'm going slower. :mad: Meanwhile I'm looking down at my optimal, which is a 1:46.1. If I can string together all 3 sectors just one time. Finally, I get there. It still doesn't feel safe. I had a horrible exit on the final turn which cost me at least two tenths. :mad: I know because I watched as my time at the bottom of the screen was well up, only to plummet as I made my way down the straight to the finish. Please don't make me go back. Please?
IMG_2623.jpg

I went to finish off the International A Master license after trudging through the snow. Of course one of the tests was the final portion of Lake Louise. :grumpy: Here we go again! It took quite a few tries but barely beat out the gold time. Then I got the heck out of there. I never want to look at this track again.

Last edited:
Oh, Lake Louise, how I loathe you. I had to go back since I had fallen out of gold. Despite not having been there in a few days, I somehow matched my best time on my first lap...but it was invalidated of course. :mad: Okay, I need less than half a tenth to get back to gold. Two laps later, I pick up a full tenth...but it was invalidated. :mad: Well, if I have one semi-decent lap that ISN'T invalid, I should get this easily. FIFTY miles later and if anything, I'm going slower. :mad: Meanwhile I'm looking down at my optimal, which is a 1:47.1. If I can string together all 3 sectors just one time. Finally, I get there. It still doesn't feel safe. I had a horrible exit on the final turn which cost me at least two tenths. :mad: I know because I watched as my time at the bottom of the screen was well up, only to plummet as I made my way down the straight to the finish. Please don't make me go back. Please?
View attachment 1304335

I went to finish off the International A Master license after trudging through the snow. Of course one of the tests was the final portion of Lake Louise. :grumpy: Here we go again! It took quite a few tries but barely beat out the gold time. Then I got the heck out of there. I never want to look at this track again.
While you still remember the course, quickly get to the S license. There is a....you guessed it....Lake Louise test 🤪

I did the S License test and the circuit experience while I was screaming bloody murder at the TT :D

Anyways....drove a bunch of laps at Daytona, managed a pretty decent time. Could've been in the 1:45.5s if I didn't bounce off the limiter before the chicane 🫠

18be0453b2241-screenshotUrl.jpg

Dang...I'm well within the magical 1.5% and yet only barely made 300th!

Last edited:
Oh, Lake Louise, how I loathe you. I had to go back since I had fallen out of gold. Despite not having been there in a few days, I somehow matched my best time on my first lap...but it was invalidated of course. :mad: Okay, I need less than half a tenth to get back to gold. Two laps later, I pick up a full tenth...but it was invalidated. :mad: Well, if I have one semi-decent lap that ISN'T invalid, I should get this easily. FIFTY miles later and if anything, I'm going slower. :mad: Meanwhile I'm looking down at my optimal, which is a 1:47.1. If I can string together all 3 sectors just one time. Finally, I get there. It still doesn't feel safe. I had a horrible exit on the final turn which cost me at least two tenths. :mad: I know because I watched as my time at the bottom of the screen was well up, only to plummet as I made my way down the straight to the finish. Please don't make me go back. Please?
View attachment 1304335

I had a lap going that was nearly a second faster than my fastest tonight and I came into the final corner and screwed it entirely. I was so mad.

This new TT at Daytona is really easy money. I got a reasonably safe gold on like my 3rd lap. For me I think it's actually the easiest TT to date, even easier than the Gr.4 at Sardegna. The GT3 RS is really enjoyable to drive too. I think it might be the most enjoyable road car to drive in the game. I remember in either PCARS 1 or 2 my favorite road car in the game was a GT3 RS as well.

@Pigems thanks for the ghost 👻 of Lake Louise 😁
After 4-1/2 hours of misery, I finally decided to load a ghost and found pigems2 in the showcase.

I beat my 1:46.991 in just a few laps, set a 146:635 in a few more laps and about 20 more minutes had a gold at 1:46.271 🏆🏆🏆
5-1/2 hours of snow and now I can get back to Daytona warm and dry 😁

Thankful to all of you diehards for sharing how to make improvements once we’re stuck 👍

IMG_6186.jpeg

So,just a heads up,there's a couple of new events(limited time).
You can make an easy 680k, one lap at Nurburg and 5 laps at Spa,both on RS tires,only top 10 times are on the ranking board,so all you speed demons can have a go at it.
Get under 8:25 at Nurburg(7:39 #1) should get you the win and at Spa i crashed on lap 3(back to 12th) and still won.
But what i dont understand is there is no penalty sytem at all. I slowly get the feeling Kaz didnt understand what anniversary means 🤣

Quick little Saturday morning session on Daytona, I loaded up "de Bruin's ghost to see where I'm loosing the most......
T3 he just takes off, I have no idea how 🤣
But the chicane ...man I have NO idea how he manages that.

Tracklimits are a mystery, sometimes I'm 100% sure I'm in the clear but still get invalidated, it frustrated me to the bone

Pushed out a descent lap but was 2 tenths slower before the chicane than my fastest 🤨
Still not complaining tho, but there is more time 🤣

18be18826491-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm officialy grinding and I can smell a top 100 finish.
20231118_161157~01.jpg

The funny thing is that I have consistenly put in better first 3 sectors many times, but the bus stop is shaping up to be a roulette, and in this lap I nailed it to a degree. Thus in theory, a 1:44.9 time is possible albeit difficult. If it will cement a top 100 finish for me, i'll definetly come back.

18be28e583557-a1b10D1DDF4D88482EA.73AF664F2D2663AD_message_435280132065965_1700313015882.jpg

Note: Went back to ABS Weak for this one.

Last edited:
Managed to shave off about half a second to be firmly inside the Gold category with a time of 1:46:876. Love how the car handles. I feel the most important part of the lap is negotiating the double chicane complex before the start straight. A lot of time can be achieved there itself.

I was happy lowering my PB but when I went to my friend's list, I was humbled by seeing myself in the lower bottom of the vast list.

20231118_190829.jpg

20231118_190859.jpg

Latest Posts

Back