Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,919 comments
was a fun and rewarding TT to try after spending 2 hours on snow and getting within 1 second of my fastest lap but not even matching it.

View attachment 1304235

As soon as I tried the Porsche I said goodbye to the Yaris... This one is great and I aim for a sub-47 lap time whether it will get me gold or not. Here I can control my driving and know how and where to improve.

The TT with the 400R was also great and it wasn't too hard. You guys we're simply too fast to get me some shiny metal... 😯

So the fun is back and there is a lot to improve for me. At least I remembered to use the DRS-button during my second stint... 😂

Not much time for racing this week, but grabbed some time last night and headed to Daytona. I will go back to Lake Louise at some point to improve upon my mediocrity and see if I can drag myself to silver. Porsche event is much more to my liking though (despite corner 1 restarts)… targeting a 45.5 I think

1700343693224.jpeg

@Dolph Drago
Both you and @Gomario JSP are 2/100 faster than me....I guess I will have to put in some laps tomorrow :irked:
I have very limited time today, maby tomorrow morning for another session, but I think I'm just above you, few thousands if I remember, both somewhere in the 45.6 but I'll try to sharpen it, no clue how people get low 45' 's here!?

My worst nightmares have not turned out to be true for Lake Louise. No crafty alien secret routes found to my understanding. Have had two sessions this weekend on this, and it is actually super fun! Just the most difficult ever TT to get consistancy and a full lap. Had real trouble getting under 1:45.5, just today had a session with ten restarts with one marathon stint of 24 laps in there. On that stint alone, my optimum would have been a superb 1:44.864 but the best actual lap just 1:45.595. This 1:45.357 that I ended the day with is a fine lap, but damn, could have been so much better.

18be842740e88-screenshotUrl.jpg

18be84291ab33-screenshotUrl.jpg

18be842b37f20-screenshotUrl.jpg

Just tried the Daytona TT for the first time, and my god, it's so satisfying. They even finally did something about the ridiculous chicane track limit penalty so now you can just floor it without worry.

Seriously, why was that even a thing? You have a nice, juicy, wide kerb just begging to be driven over, but no, white line is bulging towards the race track which heavily compromises the exit trajectory and speed.

But hear me out...

WHY CANNOT WE START A GOOD LAP BY RESTARTING? AND WHY DOES THE DRS GO WINK WINK IN THE LAST CURVE?
ASVHDFGHJD

Judging by your sector times, you absolutely nailed the bus stop. I think you can easily shed 0.3 just from those first two turns.
Yeah.... that's the thing thats scares me ...... 🤣🤣

But I have to admit Mr Muffin..... I cheated just a little bit on this lap .... ABS on default and tried a few laps with countersteering on the Dualsense, this lap it's on weak, I have the feeling it makes me slower in the low speed corners cause it rotates more difficult, but I had just a tiny bit more stability on the busstop like @Boabdulrahman mentioned in an earlier post, I have seen a lot of 28.8xx on S1 and .4xx before the busstop, but then it's a 1/10 hit or miss for me, so a 45. low is possible but needs pure luck for me, I will try to get better in it the next 2 weeks but man..........

I suck at the busstop 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Well I've got some bad news to tell you guys, I tried the snow TT and got in the 2'01.000's. I had the TCS set to 2 but Nebu told me to turn it off. I have a video that I will post later in the week. Maybe Monday or Tuesday. It's gonna be a haul trying to get below 1'50.000. I hope a miracle happens soon.

Well I've got some bad news to tell you guys, I tried the snow TT and got in the 2'01.000's. I had the TCS set to 2 but Nebu told me to turn it off.
Well he's not wrong.

I don't know how to tell you this, but you should never ever use TC on loose surfaces, there's literally no benefit, as, especially on snow, wheelspin will be inevitable.

Usually you'd want as little wheelspin as possible, but in this TT, controlled, modest wheelspin is actually preferred to get the car to rotate.

Last edited:
The Porsche drives really fantastic in this TT, if only I wasn't too lazy to use DRS, then I would certainly be able to go faster, but since I had already achieved gold in my 2nd lap with a sufficient lead over silver, I'm missing out some motivation to drive further.

But as I said, the Porsche drives excellently with enormous grip, that's also the key for most people who are still having problems... trust the car more than you think, it can drive through the corners faster than expected AND you can very much accelerate early.

Back