Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,176 comments
It's my last improve for today in Dragon Trail at 1'53'266.
17080970040697384084936730508132.jpg

Hi folks,

back from my trip just in time for the new TT. Had a split session today before / after lunch with very different outcomes. Before lunch I barely made it into silver, could not get below 1:56. After lunch was when I loaded Tidgney's ghost, and in my first lap I improved a whole second. Ended the session with a reasonably safe gold, and I think that more is possible. Did not see that coming tbh.

View attachment 1328568

Also, what's up with everyone's liveries here? If it weren't for me and @Rayquaza, my leader board would look like a funeral procession. Bring in some colours guys!

View attachment 1328569
I rent a wreck as to not put the miles on mine. Either of the three. Plus I don't do liveries. I barely have time to play as much as I like. I just can't take more of that time to play dress up. I wish I did. 😂👍👍

Last edited:
Wow this thread is busy! I guess everyone is enjoying the new TT at Dragon's Trail.

I'm still having fun at Bathurst. Put in my 3rd session yesterday and was only able to only marginally improve. I still think the 2:00s are in reach. Once I accomplish that (or give up :) ) I'll switch over to DT

At Mount Panorama, I know exactly where I'm losing time. It's all down to execution. This track requires some quite precise driving to be fast!

TT_Bathurst_GenesisX_2.jpeg

Hi folks,

back from my trip just in time for the new TT. Had a split session today before / after lunch with very different outcomes. Before lunch I barely made it into silver, could not get below 1:56. After lunch was when I loaded Tidgney's ghost, and in my first lap I improved a whole second. Ended the session with a reasonably safe gold, and I think that more is possible. Did not see that coming tbh.

View attachment 1328568

Also, what's up with everyone's liveries here? If it weren't for me and @Rayquaza, my leader board would look like a funeral procession. Bring in some colours guys!

View attachment 1328569
1/ Bravo my friend very nice score, to be honest and congrats!! Very impressive progression !!
I've improved my PB few minutes ago but I'm still over 1:55 for now. I still need to find the best settings and the correct line before chasing a ghost.

2/ There's no issue with the color of all these 190 as the funeral procession is for the fair-play we've buried this afternoon after the latest treachery from @smoothbore12 on Mount Paranormal CE AND TT... :irked::(

3/ Maybe we could start a competition about the ugliest car? My design skills give me a strong advantage!!

Ok am done today as a GOD .
Mon ami Daniel San - @Pesselles send me a pick with his gold at MP CE .
His " joy " didn't last long cause after 1 hour i send him mine with faster time 🤣
And wasn't only that , before i start the CE i secure my Silver at 2.02 high , a second faster than him .

His face becomes like this
56a08e796e510a201ab1e3f5_301997830.gif

Also he start again the " traitor " thing which means that he love me 🤩

Free as a bird to start with the country side travel agency ........ 190
dance-old-man-dancing.gif

Ok am done today as a GOD .
Mon ami Daniel San - @Pesselles send me a pick with his gold at MP CE .
His " joy " didn't last long cause after 1 hour i send him mine with faster time 🤣
And wasn't only that , before i start the CE i secure my Silver at 2.02 high , a second faster than him .

His face becomes like this
View attachment 1328607

Also he start again the " traitor " thing which means that he love me 🤩

Free as a bird to start with the country side travel agency ........ 190
View attachment 1328608
1 image > 1.000 words

1708109104572.png

Since my last post, I managed to Gold Bathurst but it's getting dangerously close now with the top time getting lower.

As for the Mercedes one, I struggled at first, did 1.58 then 1.56, then another session I was in the 55. Then I watched @Tidgney video and went into the 53.7xx whcih I'm happy with. I still got some time here and there quite easely so I feel I can get better but this weeke-end will be back to Australia to try to widden my gap to silver.

I'm going to let MP stand for now. However, I expect I'll need to take a drive in the Meta Genesis to stabilize my Gold time.

But today was time for the Gardens.

Not a bad first day. No lap guides or ghosts yet. Just feeling the car and getting used to the track. I've never been on Gardens reverse, so it was fun learning the line. I'm sitting a little outside of Gold, but I know I'm not driving this Mercedes as hard as it can be.

18db386494b18-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
18db3865f2084-screenshotUrl.jpg

I think I'll get Gold here in a day or two and then give a final push at Bathurst.

Could not leave the PS5 off while the wife was upstairs.... so "beep" ...rent the thing and off we go smoking a tireset a lap ...
Fairly strong in the first part but my real problem lies in the weight transfer between the last chicane of sausage hell and the right after that, tried going to second a few times but seems to only be more unsetteling the car and then I have even less time lining it up for the righthander.....

Wel.... did shave some off in 10 laps 😁😂

Tomorrow another day, maby..... not setting my alarm early cause that 6am GT7 clock everyday has talen it's toll a bit...... 😂

So for tonight I'll make a nice whiskey and sleep like a bear...

1000017328.jpg

Could not leave the PS5 off while the wife was upstairs.... so "beep" ...rent the thing and off we go smoking a tireset a lap ...
Fairly strong in the first part but my real problem lies in the weight transfer between the last chicane of sausage hell and the right after that, tried going to second a few times but seems to only be more unsetteling the car and then I have even less time lining it up for the righthander.....

Wel.... did shave some off in 10 laps 😁😂

Tomorrow another day, maby..... not setting my alarm early cause that 6am GT7 clock everyday has talen it's toll a bit...... 😂

So for tonight I'll make a nice whiskey and sleep like a bear...

View attachment 1328649
Good night 🤣🤣
8R2j.gif

Improvements were made and i got into the 54's! With my optimal being gold, but i had multiple Laps were i was too eager when i saw how much i had ahead of my best lap, and went too wide on the last turn.

Also want to add that i love the scenery for this track! Makes the grind worth while. 😍

Really enjoying this, feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what's possible but had a quick second session and managed to get in the 52s, happy with that! Looking forward to having a longer stint on this one, it's glorious, peak GT7 for me. <3

Attachments

• 18db45a7b0d55-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18db45a7b0d55-screenshotUrl.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 18db45a552e23-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18db45a552e23-screenshotUrl.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 18db45a1ed28-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18db45a1ed28-screenshotUrl.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 10
Back