Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,189 comments
Really enjoying the Merc trial. It's one of those where I find myself thinking "one more lap" and don't want to stop. The car is predictable and even the Gardens feels nice in reverse.

Currently sitting at a 1:51.480.

Screenshot_2024-02-17-02-08-47-04_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

I saw that my time had drifted into silver at Mount panorama. So I had to have another session. Didn’t think I was going to get it after an hour of trying I was about to give up when I smashed it and got a 2:01.234.

I then went to record my replay, only to realize that I’d forgotten to save my best lap. So I figured I should do it again. After two invalidated laps warming up my next true lap I took another 2 tenths off. :)

IMG_7800.jpeg

GT7 | 24-06 TT | Safe Gold at Mount Panorama!

Hello everyone, I'm back. I got really sidetracked yesterday at Mount Doom, did 107 laps in a row and finally got a superb time of 2'05.029!! Of all the 2 and a half years I've raced in GT, I've never gotten a time this low in a Group 3/4 car so I was really ecstatic about it last night. I couldn't believe it, it was out of the blue. I made a 20 member conversation about it, I'm sure many of you will get the notification. Sorry I make so many conversation PM's but I need to grow as a driver in the game world and in real life.

I'm considering getting my driver's license when I turn 35 and start driving actual real-life cars.

So here it is with full blast sound. Idk if I want to attempt MT here. I'm not gonna give up, warrior Chris has his ammo ready for the battle!! We are all a loving, strong, warm community and we all need each other to help one another through each TT that exists. So join me and we will battle for gold!!

And yes I am autistic, I was diagnosed at age 3.

Took a bit this morning after doing three of the weekly races to put a couple laps in with the Mercedes. This is the kind of TT I love... loose and oversteery! It only took me about 5 laps to get into gold (although I admit I did see Tidge's video on this one the other day), but I am a fan of TT's revolving around real street cars and tires, and am pretty decent with a softer car. Mount Panorama is a great time, but it's physically and emotionally demanding, and there is little margin for error. Here in the Benz, I'm completely relaxed as I slide around and don't get frustrated by mistakes because they're still so entertaining.

I'm sitting at a 1:53.934 for the moment, not very comfortably in gold, but this one is fun enough to do many more laps once time allows, and there is a TON of time still left out there. My laps are full of mistakes!

Here's a couple laps, my best lap so far, and a nice little spin.

Last edited:
Took a bit this morning after doing three of the weekly races to put a couple laps in with the Mercedes. This is the kind of TT I love... loose and oversteery! It only took me about 5 laps to get into gold (although I admit I did see Tidge's video on this one the other day), but I am a fan of TT's revolving around real street cars and tires, and am pretty decent with a softer car. Mount Panorama is a great time, but it's physically and emotionally demanding, and there is little margin for error. Here in the Benz, I'm completely relaxed as I slide around and don't get frustrated by mistakes because they're still so entertaining.

I'm sitting at a 1:53.934 for the moment, not very comfortably in gold, but this one is fun enough to do many more laps once time allows, and there is a TON of time still left out there. My laps are full of mistakes!

Here's a couple laps, my best lap so far, and a nice little spin.

Nice job! Hey, we're all not perfect on the road. I know I'm not, :)

I'm in the 2'01.000's, I'm not even at bronze yet! My rank is 41,775 at MP, I passed about 50,000 drivers last night due to my 5-hour work-a-thon, did almost 150 laps in a 2-day session.

Last edited:
Switched to Dragon Trail tonight. Wow, somehow this combo just fit for me. Really enjoyed it and took to it without too much struggle.

Just had one long session, but I don't know how much more I can squeeze out of it already. Pretty happy with this.

Who knows? Maybe this will be the one where I make the top 1000... but it's early days yet, so not holding my breath :lol:

TT_Dragon_Trail_Mercedes.jpeg

Besides, got to do some mixing with Jeje6410 while it's still humanly possible.
Once that fanatec arrives, he'll disappear into the horizon (or rather being taken and probed👽)
Bravo my friend for your time and seeing you in front of me makes me very happy. 👏👏👏💪💪💪💪
Oh no my friend I will always be a normal man despite my new steering wheel. 🤣🤣🤣
bad-driver-mauvais-conducteur.gif

Spot on, exactly how I feel about it! I love it when it's all about feeling the car and less about machine precision, turns out I'm not very precise, I need a bit of wobble. :D

So-so through the endless left hander in sector 1 and missed the apex of the right hander at the start of the second sector by a MILE. :banghead: But I hauled the mail through the final sector and easily set my best.

Hehehe...View attachment 1328702

😂😂 seeing the "hehehe..." made me laugh 😂 nice lap mate!

I woke up late as a expected so haven't had the chance for a good stint, but did ran some laps and threw away somuch....
I had several high 4's at thr end of S2 but always stuffed up the sausage....
I know a 51 is possible but all slides have to be on point 😂😂

But....... "hehehe" back at you 😂😂

1000017338.gif

1000017339.jpg

1000017336.jpg

Attachments

• 1000017291.jpg
    1000017291.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 10
Contrary to popular opinion here, I am absolutely not a fan of this TT.
I just don't enjoy it.
The car is not the problem, but Dragon Trail in reverse is just not a track I particularly like.
Nevertheless, I tortured myself last night and drove about 200km.

Best time was a 1:51.575.

The lap was pretty messy, so there's still a lot of time in it, but I think I'll leave it at that, it's just a cramp 😂 should be good enough for a top100 result.
IMG_0752.jpeg

Look who just got gold! 😁🔥
Turns out my driving lines etc were just fine, i was just losing time having TCS on 2. Set it to 1 with a bit of countersteer assist and that did the trick. Still, this lap is far from perfect with an optimal in the 52's 😎☝️

Hello everyone and welcome back on Gran Turismo Time Trail!!

I've spent some time on Dragon Trail TT this morning with some positive news :sly:
First and as said @Fezzik I've applied a livery to the Mercos (the first one since I play on GT7) and guess what? I've immeditaly gained 0.2 sec :eek: Damned, the livery trick really works!!!

1708167281622.png

I'm still not satisfy of this score yet and there's a lot lot rooms for improvement on the table. Gold is not my objective here but simply to be satisfied of my lap. A ranking in the 10.000 best players would be also like a gold reward to me.

On the other hand, I'm still not sure to love or not this combo. Probably because this Mercedes have a strange behaviour (not the one I was expected for this iconic car).

My optimal is now at 1:54.765 and I'll keep pushing!

Last edited:
😂😂 seeing the "hehehe..." made me laugh 😂 nice lap mate!

I woke up late as a expected so haven't had the chance for a good stint, but did ran some laps and threw away somuch....
I had several high 4's at thr end of S2 but always stuffed up the sausage....
I know a 51 is possible but all slides have to be on point 😂😂

But....... "hehehe" back at you 😂😂

View attachment 1328810

View attachment 1328813

View attachment 1328811
ohh nooozzzz....I had been left behind 🤧

No time this morning, will see I can get some laps in this evening.

Mount Panorama GT3 Record, real world, interesting to see the lines he is taking.

In car

Replay

OMG, how the hell did he pull that stuff off! I'm not attempting that, however my goal is to get a sub 2'02.000! I am watching Tidgney's MP guide now, I'm studying every braking point he takes and the landmarks he points out. Any help is great!! The ghosts are too distracting so I would rather watch the guides.

Last edited:
Is there any other car other than the Genesis X that can give me a better time, only got one good lap of 2'05.029 out of 456. Unbelievable. My thumbs are red from pressing on the buttons so much, I may have to take a break later on today. I don't want to overdo it and have issues with my hands. Maybe I should chill some and do some other things in gt7.

Well I think gold is definitely out of reach for me, not gonna try it. Silver might be the limit for me here. Maybe I'll have better luck at DTG with the gold.

Last edited:
Is there any other car other than the Genesis X that can give me a better time, only got one good lap of 2'05.029 out of 456. Unbelievable. My thumbs are red from pressing on the buttons so much, I may have to take a break later on today. I don't want to overdo it and have issues with my hands. Maybe I should chill some and do some other things in gt7.

Well I think gold is definitely out of reach for me, not gonna try it. Silver might be the limit for me here. Maybe I'll have better luck at DTG with the gold.
The Porsche might suit you well, it's very stable out of corners so you can trust the car through the tricky bits a lot more.

Back