Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 33,164 comments
Definitely better not to reset on this one imo. I feel like I learn something new with every lap, lowering those optimals breeds confidence.

On my next stint, I'm definitely going to be doing this. Too many resets thus far.

As you well know, the tighter you get to the max the harder it is to get more. I def had a couple laps where I was up and just slightly missed an apex or a hair over a kerb I shouldn't have. Every bit of that makes a huge difference. This car loves to roll and I'm always trying to push it mid corner when that's not always the fastest. That chicane. 4th gear in settles the car way more. Brake a little earlier and stay in 4th and just roll through feathering the throttle and brakes until it settles enough to slow for the next corner. I've done that one in both 2nd and third and I think second is faster with a quick upshift right before turn in for the second part but I've done it quick in third as well. Play with it. 4th in for me is way faster though.

I'm being extremely cautious on the throttle. The slightest wrong move and it's an oversteer festival.
I'm going to let it roll more and definitely going to try your method of 4th trough the chicane and earlier on the brakes. Not so sure about 2nd gear in this car 😅
Thanks for these tips.

Yes, when you at your limit, it's extremely difficult to gain even just a hundredth of a second. But you never know, you might just surprise yourself.

Improved my time at Mount Panorama twice over the weekend. On Friday I managed to drop into the 59s with a 1:59.925 with an optimum 1:59.750. This was a painful session that I wasn't particularly happy with, getting through skyline and into the dipper was proving to be a big struggle during this run for some reason and I really didn't feel comfortable with the car.

Came back to it last night and put another 100km in, feeling much more comfortable with the car, I was able to improve my time to a 1:59.801. Unfortunately, this was not the best lap I actually set, which was a 1:59.621 that had been invalidated after a scrape of the wall at the exit of turn 2 and then another on the exit of turn 6. Not scrapes that materially affected the lap time but enough to invalidate the lap. After this lap my optimum was a 1:59.474 although this lap feels impossibly far away.
18dbe5795f935-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_437315979139597_1708265543514.jpg

Not sure if I will continue to aim for that 1:59.474 as I have limited time this week and it takes me 100km just to get back up to that pace, but getting towards that 1:59.6 would be a nice way to finish off this trial.
18dbe577cf056-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_437315984934290_1708265566149.jpg

Last edited:
I think i’m official done with Brathust for my GB account. It’s killing me.

My optimal is 2:01.1 but whenever I’m pace for beating my 2:01.608 I crash, or I set a 2:01.2 but it is invalidated for a wall brush, some of which I don’t even realize.

Mentally I can’t handle it anymore. I’m too weak. :D

On to DT now. Let that one torture me.

I think i’m official done with Brathust for my GB account. It’s killing me.

My optimal is 2:01.1 but whenever I’m pace for beating my 2:01.608 I crash, or I set a 2:01.2 but it is invalidated for a wall brush, some of which I don’t even realize.

Mentally I can’t handle it anymore. I’m too weak. :D

On to DT now. Let that one torture me.
I get you, same here, but you have gold what is big difference... :)

I I'll try more, maybe miracle happens, but for now, I'm on 2:01.9

View attachment 1329386
Muhahahahahaha......Made it into the 51s! Still have another 10th or so as the 1st sector wasn't exactly shinny.

View attachment 1329387

Top lap, must be the beige paint job, that's the secret to speed here: treat it like a dentist's car. :D

Thought about gunning for @330_D last night but too tired, hopefully will have time for a good session later in the week to get closer to the 51s myself.

Last edited:
Teeny bit of improvement at DT. And .003 behind @Gomario JSP...:grumpy:
View attachment 1329405
Thats fire mate, .003..... :lol: that is the kind of lap that you exit the last turn and think, yeah baby, got you all mf's !!....
but you cross the line and get mad cause you could have done so much better, trust me,.... i know these laps lol.
But..... nice time mate!, it's a matter of time when you find some extra time...:bowdown:

I had a quick run this morning ending up with a whopping .187...... again.......
but had much faster S1's now with multiple .5xx wich should give me a .2xx just like Muffin at S2, but the hairpin killed me today, nomatter what i did there was no fine line and nice exit.....

Frustrating this one for sure.

@Evilmuffin congratulations mate, epic to be in the 51's and with a great margin also, smooth lap!

Bye bye muffin......:lol:

ufo-alien.gif

Was having a really hard time getting along with the genesis in my early attempts on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. So i tried the moostang as i am fairly comfortable with it and had an old ghost of my own i could chase.

Was able to set a time of 2.01.7xx with the ford but was starting to feel i was getting close to my limit with it, so i tried the supra. Unfortunately it was getting later in the day and a few beers had been enjoyed so although the supra felt much nicer than the moostang, i was only able to hit a .7xx also.

Giving the genesis another shot this morning and it feels like a different car, i am not having nearly as much difficulty with it as before and have beaten my best by a hair already and have an optimal of 2.01.2xx hopefully i can get close to that

Good luck everyone, keep pushing

Edit to add that i shared each best ghost, in case they might help anyone

18dc189156f53-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Not trained a lot for MP, just did 10 laps with the Genesis to lower its medium time. Went 0.009s slower than with the Porsche but I make mistakes every lap so there is a lot of margin. But I don't have much time and have to chose what I spend time on GT7.

Might well keep bronze at MP and go on to next TT which I find much more fun.

Last edited:
Not trained a lot for MP, just did 10 laps with the Genesis to lower its medium time. Went 0.009s slower than with the Porsche but I make mistakes every lap so there is a lot of margin. But I don't have much time and have to chose what I spend time on GT7.

Might well keep bronze at MP and go on to next TT which I find much more fun.
Put assists on and use TC at 2 or 3 and step on it .

Back