Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 31,569 comments
Made a last ditch attempt last night, putting in another 100km in the RSR, but only managed to knock a tenth off to drop into the 2:01's, just! Had one gold lap of 2:01.6XX but it was invalidated due to a tap on the barrier on the way down the mountain, sadly! That said, it looks like the gold time shifted late in the piece and my 2:01.6XX wouldn't have stayed gold anyway. Settled for a silver time for this round. Now to get on to that Merc around Dragon Trails!

Morning Everyone. Just a note to let you know that I am still away dodging the UK winter. I will sort out the results for Mt. Panorama over the weekend when I get back.
Very lucky. It's awful here today!

I couldn't pick up at Bathurst after putting in some 150 miles last night, and I didn't feel like running there again today. The TT was fun while it lasted, but even such an enjoyable one can get exhausting after a while. I didn't get my sub 2:00 time as I was hoping, but it will have to do.

I was back to Gardens today. After reading about guys using 4th entering the chicane, I decided to try the same. I was surprised in that it actually does feel better, though it's still a crapshoot whether I get the right angles through the entire chicane. As for my best lap, there was improvement. But...if not for a terrible sector 1, it would have easily been in the 51's. :banghead: I still have a much better feeling I'll get that sub lap as opposed to Bathurst.
View attachment 1330360

Oefff that's close! Great time tho.... but I understand you are far from satisfied.....
You know that if you stick one lap you'll be easy sub 52... just have to work once right 😂
It's such an annoying one, I ran my fastest S2 this morning with a
15.902 which technically could net me 2 tenths+ on the line (compared to my 16.144 on the pb lap)what would be around the
51.7 and just maby top 100.....but I bounced off the first salami 🙈🙈......

but i am glad that there is a next one, so i will leave DT for what it is.... now i have to like the roadster......i hate it from the bottom of my hart..... so this will be funny 😂😂😂
Morning Everyone. Just a note to let you know that I am still away dodging the UK winter. I will sort out the results for Mt. Panorama over the weekend when I get back.
Have fun there and bring back the sun with you please 😁😂

Back from my trip and flashed the PS up - pleased to see the bronze was still valid and collected Cr. 250k!

Tried the new one and knocked a cone into the middle of the road on the first lap.
I did about 10 laps and only 2 in the middle were valid, the others all red.

I had no idea why, but thought about it and most of the laps I drove over the cone..... a couple took me around it.

Is driving over a cone going to invalidate your lap???

Last edited:
I thought I had it.....at least for a couple of hours....but @Metalgear9493 decided to ruin the party 😅

20240222_152439.jpg

And this is the definition of PAIN

20240222_143135.jpg

I cannot argue that!
Yesterday, I had a "bad" day but I turned it into a joke because, it's only a game, it's virtual, it's "nothing" :)
I saw real serious things in my life (in Africa, in India, etc) and GT7 is clearly not one of these. It's a game and you should take it like that.

I'll be glad to have a beer with you as I'll visit your lovely country is few weeks (Lofoten and Tromso) :cheers:

Huh? No way someone would have golded all 69 and then fail Bathurst? That's gotta be pretty much impossible.
I've not gotten all of em but I'm on a pretty good streak since I have started really putting effort in... for a few days when Bathurst started I thought I might not get there. Also the one at Monza with the vacuum almost killed my streak.

It's funny how some are so easy and some are so difficult and it's never the same at all for everyone. Ones that some of the normally fastest people in here struggle with, I do well. Others that seem less a struggle I find challenging at times. I think that's why I like Time Trials so much more than racing in sport. The variation and having to adjust and learn new methods and hone the good habits and consistency.

Just my opinion obviously. 👍👍

Only just had my first attempt at DTG in reverse in the Merc 190E. Absolutely love the look of this car, not sure if I'm on board with the driving experience yet! First session I managed a fairly poor 1:55.9XX, then took a rental and pushed it up to 1:54.9XX. Massive improvement of over 1 second, but I've just now watched @Tidgney lap guide and I can see I'm miiiiiiiiles off the pace and I can see why! Thank you again for making these lap guides - immensely helpful! I'm not confident of a rapid time here, but I'm hoping I can at least rise up the ranks of the silver times and get something reasonable out of it in the end.

Last edited:
Back